New kid on the Block

Unique Greeting

Part 1

 

As Kyungsoo steps inside the cottage architecture and breathes in the Saint Andrews air, he feels warmly welcomed every morning. His lungs feel like its getting healthier with every breath of warm and fresh air. There are people from all walks of life, but most of them are young people, probably or almost the same age as him, 19. Some of the young people or are rightfully called as 'students', Kyungsoo knows them. For example, a petite figure boy with flawless skin and pink lips gleefully smiling at Kyungsoo and his legs are hustling towards him. The said boy has pretty eyes, with or without eyeliner Kyungsoo thinks and Kyungsoo envies the said boy's hair, golden blonde streaking his dark brown locks. It looks good on him and Kyungsoo thinks that highlights doesn't suit him, only some people can carry the colour. 

The boy hugs Kyungsoo as he is close enough and Kyungsoo hugs back. When he first came to Saint Andrews College he was like a lost puppy or an abandoned one was more like how he felt. He was literally lost and he didn't know where to find the principle's office so that he could show Kyungsoo around and introduce him to his classmates and yada yada. However, the Principle didn't do his job when a new student arrived. That's when an observant boy came up to him and said, 

"Are you a new student?" Kyungsoo took a few shaking breaths before answering the boy as tall as him. He was that nervous. 

"Y-yeah."

"Oh, Ok. Then, let me inform one of our lecturers. Come with me." The lost puppy obediently followed his new friend. This new friend did what the Principle was supposed to do, show him around the school, he also introduced Kyungsoo to some of his friends, his allocated class and food that's good for the belly, not those that will straight away make you feel nauseous after eating it. There is such a stall in their college. Kyungsoo thanked the boy on his second day and that's when they were like kindergartens who became best friends after a few minutes of knowing each other. 

Kyungsoo was allocated at Baekhyun's class and the lost puppy was ecstatic to be together again with his new friend. 

 

"Come on lets get to class before the witch comes before us." Kyungsoo laughs at this. Baekhyun labels each teacher with a nickname he creates in his own creative mind. For the said 'witch', they are lucky that they arrive before she comes and as she arrives, Kyungsoo understands why he names her that. Her crown looks literally like a cotton ball and each strand is as curly as a wriggly worm. Her haggard face shows the effects of sleep deprivation and she always dresses herself in a black, long dress as if she is going to attend a funeral later on. She has this stick of hers or her 'wand' Baekhyun calls it and she uses it to point the words that she has written on the white board. A lot of times, when one student is asleep or not paying attention eventhough their eyes are widely looking at the board, she will smack them with the wand and those who got hit seem to be behaving weird the rest of the day. Baekhyun would say she cursed a spell on him. One student is like her pet and obediently carries out her orders when last time Baekhyun said he was a delinquent before. He was sent to her table and after that half an hour of talk, he became polite and does his duties as a student. 

"Alright kiddos, flip your History book to page 394 and no sleeping or this stick will give you your worst nightmare." Her threatning tone is on and they cringed at what she said. 

Kyungsoo remembered that he left his freakishly huge book under his table and he carries the book out with all his might. When he flips to the first page, he sees a note which he remembers his writting is nothing like on the sticky yellow note. 

 

When I first saw you, I was at lost. Literally, I lost my heart, mind and soul.

 

Kyungsoo snorts which captures the attention of his mate beside him. 

"What's that?" Baekhyun curiously asks. 

"Oh nothing." Kyungsoo whispers trying not to capture the attention of another person. Baekhyun then turns his head to the board and Kyungsoo is contemplating on what he should do with the note. Both his thumb and index fingers wants to rip the note into minuscule pieces, but then he senses someone is watching him other than the witch. He looks around the class and search for a person who might be the one who wrote it. A secret admirer, admiring me? and gave a mysterious note? What the ?!

He folds the note and inserts it in his pocket. 

 

As the bell rings at noon, everyone head to their respective lockers to keep their freakishly large books in them, including Kyungsoo. He arrives at his locker and he meets it again. The yellow sticky note. He peels it off and it reads, 

if I could describe you, you are captivating at the same time vulnerable because of your innocence. 

He sighs and this time he scans the hallway for anyone who could potentially be the 'secret admirer'. When he sees no one is looking at him as if he is a suspected criminal, he opens his locker to keep his book and as he wants to close it gently, a student slams it for him. His eyes meets a tall pale boy who's face shows his smile but the meaning behind it is far different. If Kyungsoo believes in vampires, he will make a run for it, except he doesn't believe in one. But he believes that he is going to be in trouble and Kyungsoo wants no trouble, from the vampire.