Just Like You

Lonely

 

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP

5:30 AM

He always woke up at the same time, never hit the snooze button. 

It was always the same routine. 

Wake up, exercise, practice, interviews, fan meets, practice, exercise, shower, sleep. 

Always the same; it was a never ending cycle that he engulfed himself in; his world, his life. 

His lonely life. When did it become so lonely though? He couldn't recall. Everything was a blur.  

He admitted it was a bit selfish of him to feel lonely when he lived with such great guys. Even so, his heart still clenched with loneliness. It was a loneliness that he could not escape, like a child realizing life wasn't rainbows and butterflies. 

Today was going to be different. Today he didn't want to feel lonely. Even if it was going to be for a day, he didn't want to feel it. He was determined to set up an illusion today that way when he did get lonely he could close his eyes, breathe in deeply and wrap himself in the illusion.

Getting out of bed he headed to his dresser. Picking out whatever he could grab first, he pulled a blue t-shirt over his messy hair. 

He furrowed his eyebrows before glancing at the clock. 

5:59 AM

Where would he go? What was he supposed to do exactly to stop himself from feeling lonely? How does humanity get rid of loneliness?

He mentally shrugged before putting on his jacket. Quietly stepping on the hard wood floor he bit his lip hoping the wood wouldn't creek under his weight. All the other members usually woke up at 7. For some reason he always felt some sort of duty to be awake earlier than others. It was kind of strange, he wasn't the mankae or leader; he was just JunHyung

He walked down the empty streets aimlessly. Hands shoved in his pockets he took in the scenery before deciding to sit under a tree. The moisture of the morning dew was soaked up in his jeans, though he hardly seemed to mind. 

He closed his eyes and shivered. He should have stopped by some where to get a cup of coffee. His eyes clenched softly before opening. He could feel someone watching him.

A girl stood in front of him with one book in her hand while the other held a hot coffee. She glared slightly before walking away and sitting two trees down from him.  

He quizzically looked over at the sitting girl. What had he done to receive a random glare? He tore his gaze from the reading girl to look at the sky. 

The rising sun; a deep bruise in the sky. He marveled at its natural beauty. He couldn't think of a time where he had actually seen a sun rise. And he was always up before the sun rose. 

He glanced back at the girl, who at the moment was also enjoying the sun rise. She smiled while talking a sip of her steaming coffee. Without realizing it, he smiled as well.

Suddenly, he didn't feel as lonely. As lonely. 

He breathed in deeply before picking himself up. He was determined to not feel lonely today. Gathering up the courage he walked over to the girl. 

Never once lifting her eyes to meet his curious ones she spoke, "Sorry, I just spent the last of my money on the coffee." He cocked his head to the side.

"I'm sorry?" She finally looked up at him "I don't have any money to give you at the moment, if that's what you're looking for."

He nervously laughed, "Oh, I wasn't looking for any money. I was just curious, why did you glare at me a little while ago?" 

"You were sitting under my favorite tree. It's sort of bothersome when someone or something messes with your routine, especially when you're so used to it."

She had a routine as well?

"Doesn't that bother you?" He asked, inviting himself to take a seat next to her. 

"Hmm?" She looked over at him shortly before returning to her book. 

"Having a routine; Doing the same thing daily. Doesn't all of that make you sick of it?" 

"Do you have a routine?" 

Wake up, exercise, practice, interviews, fan meets, practice, exercise, shower, sleep.

He rubbed the back of his neck, "well yeah but-"

 "Do you get sick of it?" "Well no...I love what I do. It's what I live for." 

"Then you just answered your own question." He shivered once more. 

"What do you live f-for?" His teeth clattered at the sudden wind. The girl lightly chuckled handing him her coffee. He smiled and took a sip of it, feeling the warm liquid spread through his body. 

"I don't know." She simply answered.  

They talked for what seemed an eternity. His phone constantly rang while he conversed with this stranger. There was something about her that was just so tantalizing. 

He never wanted her to leave. For the first time he realized how to get rid of the loneliness. Whatever this girl was doing it was working. 

She glanced down at her watch, her eyes growing wide. "Oh jeez! I can't believe it's already 1 PM! I have to go!" She quickly got up, JunHyung following her movements. 

"Nice talking to you!" Her run was cut short when she felt some one hold her back. "Don't go! Please...I...well..." what could he possibly say to stop her from leaving him? His sudden panic spread throughout his body when we realized that the loneliness was coming back. 

Her face softened when she saw the desperation in his eyes. Embarrassed he let go and smiled, "Yeah, nice talking to you."

She moved closer to him; placing a warm hand on his cold cheek, "I get lonely too." His eyes grew wide at her confession. He leaned in as she did the same. Chapped lips met and consumed each other. They held each other in desperation, if either let go it would be as if the other would vanish into thin air. 

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP

5:30 AM

He closed his eyes and breathed in deeply. 

"I get lonely too."

He suddenly didn't feel so alone.