A Bond of Friendship

A Bond of Friendship

 

After bowing he went out and closed the door. This is the fourth time he’s here for his medical checked up. The word that he just heard kept repeating in his mind. ‘Lay ah, if you don’t really take good care of yourself you might not be able to dance ever again. Although you need to practice for a long period of time but please don’t overdo it’ said Dr.Lee. Dancing is the only thing that can make him release everything that he felt. Anger, happiness, and also disappointment. If he can’t dance how is he supposed to let everything go.

Lay enter the practice room with a heavy heart. Luhan who’s practicing stop and look at him. ‘Ya! Where have you been? You keep missing nowadays during our practices’. Lay who just don’t feel like talking right now stayed silent.

‘Did your waist still hurt? Do we need to go and see the doctor? Should we go after practice?’ Luhan asked non-stop. ‘No!’ Lay replied. Only that one short sentence make Luhan felt something is wrong somewhere. ‘He is not how he usually been. Did something bad happen?’ Luhan asked himself while looking at Lay who’s surprisingly practicing without anyone noticing when.

‘Bang’. The practice room door being pushed and someone went in. ‘Hyung, let’s have some bubble tea’. Sehun said. Luhan who is still immersed thinking by himself startled for a while.

‘Oh, Sehun ah, not now. Maybe we can go later. Hyung need to practice with Lay hyung for the upcoming performance’ Luhan said. ‘It’s ok, you can go and have a drink with him. Our practice is over for today’ said Lay suddenly out from nowhere. Lay then grab his backpack and leave.

When he’s on her way down the stairs he suddenly stop and squat down. He held his waist. The pain came again and this time it’s really hurt until his eyes is teary. ‘Please not now’ said Lay to himself. While he’s battling with the pain he heard foot step approaching. He looked up and there’s Kai standing right in front of him. ‘Hyung, are you alright?’ asked Kai while patting his back. Kai seems worry. Lay just looked straight at Kai eyes. He tried to answer and suddenly he felt light. ‘Bum!’ His body slide down the stairs. The last thing that he heard was Kai’s screaming.

                                                            ………………..

Luhan and Sehun entered their dorm quite late after having bubble tea and some free time together. ‘Hyung! We are back’ Sehun shouted right after he opened his shoes. Luhan who’s behind him follow too and enter the dorm. They saw everyone is there siting on the living room, like there’s having a meeting or something. Chanyeol and Baekhyun who’s usually noisy were sitting quietly next to each other on the couch. Kris is sitting down near to Chanyeol looked a little bit screwed. Suho who is standing keep walking front and back just like you keep repeating what you do over and over again. Chen and Xiumin who’s next to each other look stiff. At one side you can see that Tao is sitting alone near his hyung with a teary eyes and red nose. Kai in the other hand, looked really pale. Maybe he’s shocked on what had just happened. D.O suddenly approach with a plates of fruits and placed it on the table and take his sit next to Kai. ‘What happened guys?’ Luhan ask after a moment. He just can’t stand the silent. Sehun who’s next to him asked the same question too. ‘Ne, hyung what happened actually? Why is everyone being so serious?.

‘Do you guys finish having fun together!? Don’t you guys not knowing what’s happening!?’ Kai shouted. He seems really mad right now. He just can’t stand it. Lay is sick and both of them just came back from having fun. Luhan and Sehun startled. ‘Hyung, where did you go actually and not picking up your phone? We’ve called so many times’ asked Chen in disappointment. Luhan who’s still shocked with Kai’s reaction just now stay silent. Sehun is still puzzled on what is actually happening. ‘Kai ah, why not you go and get some rest now. You must be tired and shocked on what had happened’ said Suho who’s now sitting next to Kai. ‘Hyung, how am I supposed to rest in this kind of situation?’ Kai answered. ‘We know but it is better for you to go and get some rest now and don’t make thing worst’ Kris reply. ‘Hyung’ Kai assist. ‘Go Now!’ Suho raised his voice and make the people in the living room startled. All of them looked at Kai. Kai then went to his room and bang the door loudly.

Before Luhan even try to open his mouth to asked he heard his named being called. ‘Luhan hyung, Hyung. Hyung.’ The sounds really heard like someone cringing. Luhan immediately when into his room and he saw Lay’s laying on the bed with his eyes closed but his mouth keep calling his name. There’s sweat all over Lay’s pale face. Luhan touches Lay forehead. It’s hot. ‘Is he having a fever? Since when?’ Luhan ask himself. ‘He looked fine this morning’ Luhan muttered. Luhan then went out. ‘What actually happen? Please someone explain to me now!’ ask Luhan in a strict voice.

‘He fell down the stairs today. Luckily Kai were there when he fell’ Kris explain. ‘What? How is that possible?’ Luhan asked. ‘Well hyung, we also don’t even know how but Kai told us that he saw Lay hyung squatting before he fainted and fell’ Chanyeol said. Sehun who is now only knew the real situation felt guilty. ‘Hyung mianhae’ he said. ‘Let’s bring him to the hospital then’ Luhan said and immediately went back to his room to get Lay.

                                                           ………………..

He feels weird and uncomfortable. He tried to open his eyes. Then he feels like someone is leaning on his arm. He then saw Luhan is sleeping on the chair next to him with his head is on his arm. He tried to move but he can’t. He tried and tried but whenever he tried he can’t. He can’t feel anything now. It’s weird because he’ll normally feel the pain. So he tried to move and wake up again but he can’t. He’s starting to be worried and scared. He moves his hand so that Luhan will realise that he’s now awake. ‘Hyung. Hyung’. Lay said repeatedly. Luhan who’s just about to fall in deep sleep woke up. ‘Oh, Lay you are awake?’ Luhan said surprisingly. Wait I’ll call the doctor. Lay then grab Luhan’s hand. Luhan were shocked. ‘Hyung I can’t move. I didn’t feel the pain anymore. He said while tears falling down his face. Luhan seems panic then he shouted ‘Nurse, Nurse’.

It’s been more than hours now since he left Lay. He’s really worried. He already called all the member saying that Lay’s awake after being fainted for 3 days. The members said that they will be coming later after their practices. The door then slide and the doctor came out. ‘He really needed a person that he can really rely on now. For now he can only sit on a wheel chair and can’t walk because of his wrist injury had getting serious. He’ll be having hard time if he didn’t undergo the therapy strictly. For now don’t put too much pressure on him and please give him as much strength as he need it right now’ said the doctor. Before Luhan even can ask anything the member approached. ‘So how’s Lay?’ Xiumin asked.

‘No, no, no noooo! This can’t be happening’. They heard Lay’s screaming from inside. They quickly rush into the ward and seeing Lay continuously shouting non-stop.’No no no! This cannot be!. ‘Ya, what happened? Chill down’ Kris said while tried to calm Lay’s down. Luhan just stood far away from them and then he left the ward crying.

                                                          ………………..

‘Auntie I want a bowl of chicken porridge please. Take away’ said Luhan. After his dance practice he will buy the porridge for Lay every single day since Lay’s been discharge from the hospital 2 weeks ago. Although Lay seldom eats the porridge he bought, he still bought it. After being back at the dorm Lay didn’t let anyone else see him except Luhan and Kai. He said he doesn’t want to look useless in front of his teammates. Although his request is not acceptable by the member still they stick to it. ‘It’s for his own good’ said Suho tried to comfort the member. But whenever he’s there with Lay, Lay didn’t treat him like he usually does. Lay will spent most of his time talking with Kai even though he’s there. Lay treated him as if he’s invisible. Although he’s hurt but he knows Lay’s hurt more than he is. Sometimes he think that is it his fault by not being there when Lay really needed him. Kris once said that it is not his fault and all of them don’t even one this kind of thing happen though. After paying Luhan headed back home. He’ll try to have a conversation with Lay today. When he entered the room he saw Lay’s sleeping. He looked tired. Luhan feels pity for him. Lay didn’t even want to be out from the room whenever the member was home. He rather stayed in the room for the whole day than need to face the member sympathy towards him. Once Luhan saw Lay’s crying watching a dance competition on the laptop when he went back from their schedule. He knew that Lay really wanted to dance again but his condition didn’t allow him to. ‘Why are you crying? Lay asked Luhan when he saw Luhan who is sitting next to him and staring at him having tears falling from his eyes’. ‘Ah, nothing’ Luhan said while wiping his tears. He don’t even realised that he’s crying. ‘Here as usual’ Luhan said and pass Lay the porridge he bought just now. Lay took it and started to eat it. Surprisingly today he eats the whole thing. Luhan feel extremely happy. Lay then took a sip of water. ‘Hyung let’s talk’ he said to Luhan. ‘I know that I’ve been a little cold towards you for these past few weeks. I don’t want you to feel sorry for me and worried about me’ he said. ‘I am thankful because you really took good care of me till now, but hyung you also need to take care of yourself. If you are sick, who gonna take care of me then?’ Lay continued. Luhan smiled. ‘I’m ok so far. It’s my responsibilities to take a good care of you. If not your fan will blame me’ Luhan said jokingly. Lay laugh. ‘Hyung, sorry if I trouble you, bring such a burden to you and make you worried’ said Lay and then he hug Luhan tightly.

                                                          ………………..

 

Two and a half months passed. Lay’s now back to his usual routine, dancing and practicing. After having heart to heart conversation with Luhan that night, he decided not to hide himself again and pushed the member aside. The member felt really happy when he when out to talk to them the next day. With the support from the member especially Luhan being by himself, he’s able to recover sooner then he supposed to. 

 

p/s: sorry if the ending like hanging...considering to continue if i get positive feedback from you guys ^^