First Verse - Part 1

Love Story

We were both young when I first saw you
Close my eyes and the flashbacks starts
I'm standing there
On a balcony in summer air


"Why don't you go talk to him then?"

That line was still repeating itself, stuck in my head, even as I walked home that evening after taking a small detour to the grocery store. I know Key-hyung was just trying to be helpful, but now that possibility was bothering me to no end. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight because of it.

Wait... Possibility? Yeah right, more like... probability?

I mean, it's pretty rare to see the guy with less than at least five people trailing after him, never mind getting him alone to speak with me of all people.

Me, the practically invisible bookworm lurking in the backgrounds all day and cooped up in my dorms all night, either stuck in front of a computer screen or with my nose halfway through a book.

Me, the one sitting quietly in a corner observing other people make fools of themselves getting pregnant or smoking weed.

Me, the loner who only a few people outside family knew I existed.

I mean...

"Choi Minho and I are exact opposites."

I blinked once, twice, then stopped walking altogether.

Key-hyung had claimed he always sees me sneaking glances at Minho's back, and I knew that he is almost always right,. But I also know that he's  a hopeles romantic. If Minho-hyung is not the right one for me, then he's not the right one for me. I mean, there are other fish in the sea... right?

No there isn't.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Oh great, I'm hearing things now.

"Taemin!"

Yep, definitely hearing things.

"TAEMIN!! WATCH OUT!!!"

Wait... Onew-hyung?

I opened my eys and turned around. Surprisingly, the first thing I noticed was not him running towards me, tumbling over his own two feet in the prcess while shouting on the top of his lungs. No, the first thing that caught my eye were the blinding twin lights that undoubtedly beloged to a vehicle of some sort.

My eyes widened and I think I just felt my brain freeze over, bringing along it the rest of my body. My legs were shaking, wanting to run but afraid to at the same time. I was vaguely aware of the plastic bags falling from my grip, my favorite banana milk spilling over cold asphalt.

You might ask me how it felt, getting hit by a car going at a thousand miles per-hour (you get the jest of it). If it felt like your whole body was crushed and inflated at the same time, or if  it felt like as if a thousand knives were plunged to your flesh, etcetera, etcetera. But to be honest, it felt... sort of numb. A light tingly sensation was all it was, and that's about it.

And, like in a movie, it all went black.

The last thing I saw before passing out (if I did pass out), where the worried faces of Onew-hyung, another one I could clearly call 'friend' alongside Key, and the other was a bit blurry... wait a minute...

Minho?


Yah!! Hello guys~~! I know it's short, but that's why I titled it 'Part 1'.

Today is my birthday~~!! 21 January... Turning 12 and all that... *sigh* ...I don't want to turn old...

But who cares!! Here is chapter 1~~~!!!!!!