I'll Catch You When You Fall

Catch You

 

"What are they doing?" you asked Han Geng, pointing to the large machine going around the ice rink. You'd never been ice skating before so this was all new to you.  
 
"That's an ice resurfacer. It lays down water so when it freezes, it's smooth ice again" he explained. 
 
"Ohh..." You nodded. "But that means I'm more likely to fall if it's all slippery again!"
 
"Not if you hold my hand" Han Geng laughed and you blushed a bright red color.
 
You and Han Geng had been dating for a few months now, but you were still hesitant to open up to him completely. You had gone through horrible relationships in the past, so it was hard for you to trust others. Although he was still in the process of winning your heart, every thing he did made you blush, smile, give you butterflies, or any combination of the three. You were a little resistant to getting into a relationship, but he was so nice, outgoing, and funny,  that you were starting to fall harder for him. 
 
The ice resurfacer finished so Geng gently took your hand and led you back on the ice. You hardly lasted a few seconds  though before slipping, but luckily he steadied you. Then he chuckled, teasing you, and you jokingly smacked him. He took both your hands now and started skating backwards, pulling you forwards. "Are you ready?" he asked. 
 
"Ready for what?"
 
"We're going to go a little faster."
 
"Wait no! I'm going to fall!" you shrieked a little when he started leading you. 
 
"Don't worry, it's easier once you get moving. Trust me." He winked playfully.
 
You smiled and held his hands tighter. He took you around the ice rink a couple of times, encouraging you every now and then and checking over his shoulder to make sure he wasn't going to run into anyone. You soon got the hang of things so Geng let go of one hand and skated by your side. It was a nice, relaxing time just gliding around, talking about whatever came to mind, with his fingers interlocked with yours. You did have some more random, spastic-almost-falling moments, but Geng always caught you before you hit the ground. A couple of times he'd skate behind you and wrap his arms around your waist. You felt so safe and secure like this - you felt yourself liking him a little more each minute. 
 
After skating, you guys went to a small cafe. You sat down at a table and he brought over 2 cups of hot chocolate. "Did you have fun?" he asked. 
 
"Yeah I did!" You smiled. "Except for the parts when I almost fell."
 
He laughed a little. "Well I'm glad you had a good time." After a moment he said "Y'know, I really like ice rinks in general."
 
"Why?" you asked.
 
"Because an ice rink is like a heart. No matter how many people get in and scratch it up, there's always that one person who will come around to sweep them off and make it brand new, like the ice resurfacer." He smiled at you and you noticed how incredibly cute he looked. He reached across the table and held your hand. "And ice rinks are reminders that I'll always catch you when you fall." :)