Mr. Beauty

Your Beauty is a Crime

Everyday at the kingdom was a routine for prince of China Luhan. Eventhough being the prince, Luhan doesn't have much freedom. He yearns for it. He has only stepped outside of the palace a few times in his life time. Once when he was borned, another time was when they had to relocate for his safety. His servant told him he was outside the palace for a whole month. But he doesn't believe it as he doesnj't have any recollection of that.  He thought they were lying tp make him feel better. Nevertheless, he experience from the 2nd time made Luhan wants to go live a normal life like everyone else. He wants freedom and viewing beautiful flowers and the people.

During the attack at the palace a few weeks ago, Luhan sneaked out of the palace without anyone's notice. He dressed up more casual to avoid recognition. He brings with him a few bullion for travel expenses. 

Stepping in an inn after a long ride from the palace, Luhan found himself a table for a repast.  A server came over stuttering asking his choice of foods. The server seems to smile too much at Luhan. Luhan doesn't know why. He looks around and notice everyone were looking at him. Is something on my face? Luhan mentally asked himself. He beckoned the server to ask why everyone looks at him. The server said "Sir, this is the first time they see someone  as beautiful as you are. I myself think you must be goddess."

Suddenly, everyone scurried behind the server and nodded in unison "Beauty, in my entire life, I have never witness anyone as breathtaking as you" stated by a scholar. Some of the men, women who were more brave and proposed "Will you please marry me?" Luhan was flattered but felt a little a little overwhelming. Am I that beautiful? He asked himself. . Suddenly, a voice out from the distance exclaimed "What's going on here? " The man turns out to be a high ranking officier as everyone recognize his face. The crowd quicily bowed in front of the officer and backed away for his path. 

Luhan dropped his chopstick.  He pouted at his clumsyness as he cannot eat with chopstick being dirty. The officer looked at the pouting lad in front of him. A server nudge Luhan and said" put your head down, he's officer Kai" Luhan looked straight into the officier. There's no way he would bow. He's a prince of China. No one but the his parents can make him bow. Kai, the officier, was surprised at Luhan's beauty but what surprised him even more was that this young lad show no fright in front of him. Everyone feared of him because he's known as a sharpened sword. This young lad was different from everyone. Kai asked "What's your name? How dare you not bowing in front of an officier?" Luhan replied, "Why should I bow in front of you? You're not an officier right now?" Kai was surprised at the latter's respond. He looked at his attire and it's true, he's not in his duty uniform. Kai then laughed. "You're right" Kai said. Everybody were relief. Kai rarely laughed. The server whispered to Luhan "Don't anger him, he's not someone you want to mess with" Luhan hated when government officiers are that intimidating, scaring common people. He turned to the server "Can you get me a new chopstick" The server trickled out to the order. By this time, everyone already went back to their original place. Kai set his sword down on Luhan's table. He kept his eyes on the boy. He asked "What's your name?" Luhan replied coldly. He doesn't like officer like Kai. "Luhan" he said. Kai was about to comment on the respond. An announcement on the stage in front  of their table caught their attention. "Hello everyone, we're so sorry, our harp player today is sick, we'll have to skip the music show today." Groans were resonated everywhere. Everyone were anticipating for this performance. Harp music was one of the things that draw people to this inn. Seeing the disappointment  on everyone's face, as a prince, Luhan doesn't want to see people unhappy. He plays music at home too. An idea suddenly pop up in his head. "I can play, let me help out" he voiced out to volunteer. Everybody were excited at this beauty's suggestion. Someone from the crowd hollered "Please, let him play" The server turned to ask for the officier's approval. Kai nodded. Luhan smiled and mouthed "thank you" at him. He walked on to the stage. Sitting behind the harp, the boy prep himself.  He chose the piece that he has been playing for the past few weeks at the palace. The piece was not new to everyone but it was played by this beautiful boy. Everybody was entranced by his look. How can there be such a gorgeous looking person like him were kind so whispers among the group. 

Living outside the palace was a new experience for Luhan. Soon, he found out that bullion money was too big for change. His clothes were still too fancy for his own good catching many attentions from others. Luhan decides to stay at the inn longer as he was offered a job as a harp player for the inn. Luhan accepted the offer. He loves playing the instrument and were having fun. Every 3 days a week, he would perform. The remainding were used for practice and hanging out with the server Tao. Luhan enjoys hanging out with this new friend of his. Tao shares a lot of stories with Luhan. Luhan learns a lot about his people. He told himself to share these stories with the king once he's back to the palace. The officer Kai, at first Luhan didn't like the man. Kai turns out the same age as Luhan. Kai was actually very nice person as Luhan found out. He was very caring to Luhan. Kai would come everyday after his work to visit Luhan. Luhan slowly enjoy his companion. They shared stories to one another. His bravery was something Luhan admired. The officer was very skilled in his martial arts and saved Luhan severtal times during the trouble encounter with customers. One time, a performer from a competing restaurant pushed Luhan, Kai caught the boy quickly in his arm. They looked at each other's eyes. Luhan was shy. Kai's eyes were filled with care and love for him. Slowly, they spent more time together but never cross beyond that lover line. They started to hug one another when Luhan jumped on Kai seeing a spider on the wall. Kai smiled at the beauty's fright. He killed the spider at the spot. They continued the hug afterwards. Luhan looked at Kai's eyes. Kai was doing the same and saw it scintillating. In their embrace, Luhan smiled at the officer. A month passed by, the two's relationsip improved further.

One night, in Lu Luhan's room, the two were hugging. Kai said, "be my boyfriend." Luhan was happy at his confession and was about to nod. Suddenly, a door swings open someone at the front door, "Kai," a boy said looking straight at Kai with his eyes already brim with redness. Kai replied "DO, what are you doing here?" Luhan didn't understand what's going on. "Who is that Kai?" Luhan asked confused at the situation. "Kai, are you going to tell him or not?" DO quaver in his answer.  Kai looks contrite. He said "this is my fiancee, but Luhan, you will always be my love." Eyes already filled with unshed tears, Luhan walked backward from the hug and ran out of the room. Kai turned to run after him but was stopped by the crying DO fainting. He looks at DO. He can't bear to see DO crying. DO has always been weak one. He had promised to take care of DO eversince they were young. He never intends to break the promise. But what about Luhan? He loves Luhan but DO needs him more right now. So he decides to stay. 

Luhan ran as far as he could from the revelation. He never meant to be a third person. He hates being a third person. He cried running to an uncertain destination. His leg became weak. DO was the person meant for Kai. DO was so nice. He didn't come and claw at the third person but just stood there with eyes b tears. He stopped at the edge of a cliff. There's no way Luhan would commit suicide. He's a prince. The nation is still waiting for him. He can't just let love mar his ambition for his country. He still needs to save his people from poverty and war. Luhan plop down on the edge of the cliff, swinging his leg, enjoying the breeze warping through his body. Something seems dropping out of his pocket.  Luhan hunch forward to see the dropping object. A slip from his seating caused the boy's body further into the deep. Am I going to die like this? Oh no, this is not a very smart way to die. Luhan thought to himself while his body slowly falling further from the edge. 

Fortunately, someone grab his wrist from behind pulling the boy up from the falling.