Chapter 11

Love Bites

---SHINee---

If anybody asked Jonghyun, why, he decided that going out with Jessica was normal, he would just point at the rest of his group members and say, "You ask them first." Seriously, if Taemin could go on a date with Yoona, he could go out with Jessica. The big problem was, he didn't have the guts to ask Jessica out. Ever since they'd met, Jonghyun had a big crush on Jessica. Well not exactly, ever since they two met... During the few weeks after Jessica met Jonghyun at the entrance of the training center, she struck Jonghyun as a scary noona. Then after a time when Jessica talked to Jonghyun, he totally changed his point of view about Jessica. She was actually very, very nice. Then afterwards... Yeah... You know. It was very nice to see Jessica when she laughed and smiled.

Okay back to reality, Jonghyun was sitting on the sofa back in SHINee's dorm. It was a nice Saturday afternoon. The sunlight was shining through the windows. And guess what all five of them were doing. They were watching SNSD's reality show which was airing on KBS. The only person complaining was Taemin, because Yoona had to act in her drama and couldn't join the rest in the show. Jonghyun was like 'I don't give a heck.' when Taemin complained. He was only looking out for Jessica. Key kept laughing when Sooyoung did something wrong, which was like, most of the time. So the rest of them were like staring at Key with a flat face. After Taemin complained about five times, Jonghyun couldn't take it anymore. He quietly slipped into the bedroom without the rest noticing.

Jonghyun sat on his bed and stared around the room. It was seriously empty except all five of their beds, a desk, a few family pictures (yeah, real cozy), and their own album CDs. Key had insisted on buying them, even if the rest said that they could sing their songs anytime they liked. You should be wondering: Then isn't your bedroom so cluttered? Nah, it wasn't that cluttered. They got a bit of help from the Super Junior hyungs when they moved into the dorm. They could have also asked SNSD, but at that time, they weren't exactly that close with SHINee. Hey, you also have to be gender biased at times right? Doesn't make sense if you stuck with an opposite gender when you're a newbie in a school or training center.

Jonghyun sometimes wondered, seriously wondered if he really wanted to go on this 'star' path. He spent so much time considering the offer from SM after he knew he got through the audition. Or even the time when Lee Soo Man told them that the five of them were going to debut as a new group. He still could remember the shock on Onew's face when the news broke and what Lee Soo Man said too. "Your lives will definitely change. It will also be more stressful. Change for the best or the worst? Its up to you all. The new magic word is Team Work. You all chose this path, together. This is what I said to SNSD and Super Junior too. Consider the offer..." It was almost like magic. Boom. The five good friends were chosen to debut. Seriously. Coincidence? He didn't think so. "Oh! Super voice! Go try for audition.", other people would tell him. Actually if not for his sister and mother, he would not be part of SHINee. On the bright side, if he was in SM, he should be somehow crazy. Another obvious trait found in SM artistes other than being good in singing and dancing, they were roughly all about crazy, crazy in a good way. Excellent. So he was slightly insane too. Whoopee. Yeah right. Seriously...

Okay, no more disscussions about the 'dark' side of being a star. Jonghyun looked at the ceiling in silence. After a while, he could hear the rest talking suddenly to each other excitedly outside. Then, the silence was disrupted by the Key crashing into the room. He sat down at the edge of Jonghyun's bed with a totally crazy grin on his face.

"Guess what happened."

"Okay. The show ended. Taemin is complaining again, Onew is speaking like an old grandfather, Minho feels like smacking both their heads and you died. The end fullstop."

"Nothing like that! I mean, we are invited to a party! Tonight!"

"Eh? A party. What kind of party?"

"A birthday party. Its Jun Ho's 15th birthday."

"Wait wait wait. Jun Ho's birthday?"

"Mmm hmm."

"And its tonight?"

"Yep."

"Is Jang Min going? If he is, I'm-"

"No Jang Min's not! That's the whole point! It means that we can finally relax without that annoying boy!"

 

Jonghyun slumped back in relief. So Jang Min was not going. Yippee! At least all of them could enjoy something. Oh yes, and about Jun Ho, he was one of the nicer people in the school. He did not have that ish attitude like Jang Min but they had one trait in similar, their families were both rich. Jun Ho had told them that he lived in a mansion and all of them were like "WOW". Key handed his mobile phone to Jonghyun and Jonghyun read the SMS Jun Ho sent him. After he read finished, Jonghyun looked up and asked Key, "You mean he lives so near us?" Key nodded and replied, "Yeah, I was surprised too. Its the mansion that we always pass by." Jonghyun nodded and passed the mobile phone back to Key. Jonghyun searched his memory and remembered a really big and modern mansion with a swimming pool. Oh boy. If they were really going there...

Jonghyun looked at the room clock. 4.00. The party would start at 6.00. "Did Jun Ho just send you the message?", Jonghyun asked. "Yeah. Five minutes ago.", Key replied. Key drummed his fingers on the surface of Jonghyun's bed. He looked at Jonghyun carefully and said, "So..." Jonghyun flashed a grin and stood up from his bed. He said, "So, we have a lot of things to do before we go. Especially you." and left the room.


 At around 5.00, the five of them were still choosing what to wear. More or less. Jun Ho just told them to dress casually so, all five of them just wore jeans and t-shirts. Talking about choosing the accesories they wore apart from the clothes, that would be another long story. So to save you from pain, lets just skip the part about them choosing their accessories. The worst part was when they were choosing what shoes to wear. Don't get Jonghyun started on Key -.-

Jonghyun was sitting around in the living room watching the rest scramble around. He wore a black t-shirt with wordings in bright yellow that said "GET READY TO ROCK THE PARTY". Jonghyun thought it was pretty appropriate for a party. Actually, honestly, Key found the shirt for Jonghyun. Jonghyun didn't even know how Key found it. Their clothes closet wasn't even a closet. It was more of a room. There were racks and racks of clothes. Onew had tried to separate their clothes but it was still messy. Okay, very messy. The main reason was because of SOME fashion diva and a young kid who did not put back their clothes after taking them out of the racks. Seriously. Then it was always either Onew or Jonghyun who helped them place back the clothes. Sometimes Minho if he wasn't doing homework.

Right then, Jonghyun saw Key walking out of the clothes room. He had a orange cap stuck backwards on his head and he was grinning madly. Either he had just messed up someone's day or he asked the rest to do something dumb. "Are you done yet?", Jonghyun asked Key for the millionth time. He was seriously bored waiting for the rest. Key just simply replied, "Not yet. Minho is done but he's helping Onew and Taemin to find stuff." Jonghyun rolled his eyes. "Are you just wearing like that?", Key asked Jonghyun. "Yeah. Any problem?", Jonghyun retorted. "You know, what if your bingo time is today?", Key asked slyly. He said 'bingo' as if it was very important. But if Key's point was to annoy Jonghyun, he had succeded. Jonghyun felt a electric tingle down his back and he instantly knew what Key was talking about - Jessica. "Hey!", Jonghyun yelled as he reached out to smack Key on the head but the diva had already disappeared into the clothes room.

Jonghyun sighed in exasperation. He muttered to himself, "But the girls are not even going later on." Jonghyun then stood up and walked into the bedroom.


Okay. Jonghyun took back his words. Key was right but that doesn't mean that he was always right. Maybe his bingo time was tonight. But he didn't want to get his hopes too high. What if Jessica didn't like him? Oh that was his happy thought for the day! Jonghyun wanted to smack himself but he figured it wouldn't do him any good.

Now, they were standing at the door of Jun Ho's mansion/house. They were all gaping at the swimming pool the sat in front of the mansion. Really impressive. The pool was about half the size of an Olympic sized one. It was surrounded by tiles. Outside the tiles? A garden surrounded it. Jun Ho popped out of his house and gave them a grin. He had those intimidating eyes and his eyes were hazel nut brown, which was slightly surprising. Other than that, he had an athelete's body figure. There was a joke running around that he was Minho's twin. "Hey! You all made it. I thought your schedules would clash." "You're lucky man. We're usually not this free.", Key snorted. Jun Ho rolled his eyes and replied, "Okay chill. Glad you could come." Jun Ho then said, "Let's go in first. Gyu Min and a few of them are here already." Jun Ho sounded like he was still expecting some more people to arrive. Jonghyun perked up and asked, "Are you expecting some more people?" Jun Ho nodded. "Who?" Jun Ho was about to answer when Taemin yelped at the back, "Yoo... Yoo... Yoo... Yoona! They're here!"

Jonghyun almost crashed into Onew as he spun around and saw Jessica laughing and talking to Sooyoung. They were all looking terribly stunning. Jessica was wearing skinny jeans and a strapless shimmery black blouse. She had a matching black sling bag. (AH JESSICA!!!) Sooyoung clearly went for a punk style. She wore a black halter top and black tights. Sooyoung had 3 metal bangles on both her wrists and she apprently decided to wear a cap too. (Oh why?!) So, in all she looked like she was about to stomp on people except that she was grinning and laughing so she looked less intimidating. The rest of the three girls- wait. Three girls? Nevermind. Jonghyun would ask them later on. As he was saying, the rest of the three girls had decided to go on the cute style. Yoona had tied up her hair in a fancy hairband. She wore a light yellow blouse and a denim shorts. A bright pink bag slung on her back. Yuri? She probably had insisted on being twin with Yoona on her dressing. Not surprising. She wore everything about the same except that the colour of her blouse was apple green and she carried a white bag. Taeyeon wore a white coloured... What do you call them? Oh summer dress plus a pair of white ballet flats. 

Jessica almost tripped when she saw Jonghyun. Her eyes widened very obviously but she didn't say anything. Jonghyun turned around and saw Onew closing his lips tightly as if he was afraid that his chin would drop to the ground if he opened his mouth. The rest were grining madly at each other, right until they noticed Jonghyun and Onew glaring at them. The girls looked, shocked. Though THREE of them were trying hard not to smile.

Taeyeon walked straight up to Jun Ho and demanded, "You did not tell us that they were coming!" Onew chimed in, "Yeah!" Jun Ho protested, "Hey I obviously told you all right?" "Or you suddenly had amnesia...", Taemin muttered. All of them glared at Jun Ho. "Fine! Fine! I'm sorry. Let's go in now.", Jun Ho sighed as he turned away and walked into the house. The Key and Sooyoung looked at each other and shrugged before walking into the house together. The others looked at the opposite groups carefully before warming up to each other. ( P.S. They were still a little awkward with each other. Except for Minho and Yuri.) Yoona walked towards Taemin with big smile on her face and smacked his head playfully while saying, "You silly boy. Give me a potrait eh?" "Hey! I drew that specially for you!", Taemin retorted, his face turned a light shade of pink. Yoona didn't say anything but she grabbed his arm and disappeared into the house. Minho and Yuri winked at each other and walked into the house. Taeyeon gave Onew a curious look. Just when Jonghyun thought that Taeyeon was going to give Onew a lecture, she observed, "Your hair is sticking up everwhere." and walked into the house. Onew had a pokerfaced look on his face and went in a few seconds after Taeyeon. So only Jessica and Jonghyun were left in the walkway.

Jessica kicked the ground randomly and stared at the ground. Jonghyun kept looking at her. He couldn't believe how his opinions had changed so much. If he had seen Jessica like this a year ago, he would have steered clear of her way. But now...

-Awkward silence-

Jonghyun finally managed to speak after observing Jessica for a while. "Um, Jessica? Why only five of you came today?", he said, although the words were still sort of stuck in his throat. Jessica looked up instantly and looked at him straight in the eye. Jonghyun felt like electricity rwas running down his back. She then said, "They had something on their schedule." "Oh.", Jonghyun wished that he had something more to say. It was very rare that he got time alone with Jessica. Maybe he could ask her out... But he didn't even have the chance to say anything else. Jessica suddenly looked up and managed a smile. She then said, "Let's go in now. Before Yoona comes out to find me." Jessica smiled again and walked into the house. Jonghyun took in a deep breath and thought; Okay. A good start. Let me worry about this later and enjoy myself first. He then walked into the Jun Ho's house.


OKAY GUYS THIS IS MY LATEST CHAPTER. I'M SORRY FOR NOT NOT UPLOADING FOR SO LONG. SCHOOL IS JUST TIRING. PLS COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE. THANK YOU VERY MUCH :)  NEWS FLASH: FOR SHAWOLS, THE FULL AUDIO FOR THE MUCH ANTICIPATED LATEST JAPANESE SINGLE, FIRE, BY SHINEE, HAS BEEN UPLOADED ONTO 4SHARED.COM.  LINK: http://www.4shared.com/mp3/d85gSSOy/SHINee_-Fire.htm