One Week

One Week

 

Day 1

The cold wind lightly hit your hair as it lightly blew to the direction of the wind. She took a deep breath before letting words escape her tiny lips.

“Will you go out with me for a week?” You asked flatly, unlike typical girls who get flustered over a single word she said.

“Err, why a week?” He laughed weirdly, not getting what this girl that just confessed to him with an expressionless face and a flat tone.

“You don’t have to worry about that, I’ll give you a year pass to the karaoke bar from my family” You said with a glint in her eyes.

“Call!!” He replied enthusiastically, forgetting about anything she said before the deal

“Okay, we’ll start dating today from now on, please take care of me Nam Woohyun

 

Day 2

“Where are we going?” She putted on a curious face, trying to match his pace because of Woohyun’s pull.

“Of course to beautify you! I want to go out with a pretty girl!” He beamed; staring back at you and shift his gaze again towards the street, not wanting to bump into someone or trip over.

Both of then arrived in front of a hair salon, he smiled brightly and pushed you in. A stylish woman approached both you them with a bright smile plastered on her face.

“Hey Woohyun!” She greeted, Woohyun smiled back and waved. Her attention then moved onto Jiyoung “Who is this girl?” She asked, pointing at Jiyoung

“My girlfriend!” He beamed, slinging her arm around her casually, not getting flustered or embarrassed, like a typical playboy who already has many experience.

“Oh~ What do you want me to do with her?” She smiled

“Can you help her with her hair and stuff? Her hair is so thick and always tied up, her bangs is also so long, I cant even see her face” He frowned and looked at her with a puppy dog eyes.

She smiled and nodded “Come with me, err..”

“Jiyoung” Jiyoung spoke her name

“Yes! Come with me Jiyoung sshi!” She beamed

You nodded and followed her and sat onto an empty seat she provided. She grabbed a couple of hair clips and clip them onto your hair in weird spots making your hair looking ridiculous but she then grabbed her scissors and skillfully cuts your hair.

20 minutes have passed and she finally did her finishing touches, Jiyoung opened her eyes and froze in shock at the sight of a pretty lady at the reflection of the mirror. “You’re really pretty!” She complimented and smiled

You looked at her and mouthed ‘thank you’, your head felt lighter and you can finally have a much better vision.

You followed the hairstylist back to the entrance to meet Woohyun. You headed there and saw him reading old magazines that was provided in the salon while putting on a bored face. “Woohyun” You called.

Your voice immediately startled him as he immediately looked at you with a jaw drop. “Isnt she pretty?” The hairstylist smiled while tidying up the back of your head.

“Yeah..” He said dreamily, not taking his eyes off you. “You’re really pretty” He smiled and softly grabbed your hand, rubbing his thumb against the back of your hand affectionately while not taking his warm eyes to your face.

Your heart felt like melting at his words as it’s the first time you heard someone called you ‘pretty’

You replied him with a small smile “Thanks”

Day 3

“Since when did the school’s nerd become so pretty?” A random guy asked his friend upon seeing you passing by, with stacks of book tightly secured with your arm wrapped around it.

“Yeah, but she’s still emotionless.” His friend commented, while staring at you walking by, not caring of anyone’s stares.

“Woohyun” You called softly upon seeing him smiling widely with a girl. He turned his attention to you “Yeah?”

“Let’s have lunch” You said flatly, handing him a lunchbox which he gladly received

“Did you make this for me?” He asked, eyes twinkling while staring at a cute lunchbox in his hands.

“Yes” You replied with a nod and walked under a tree, wanting to sit under the cooling shade.

He sat next to you and opened his lunch, he was greeted with a mouth watering lunch. He smiled brightly and reached for his chopsticks, digging it in without a second

“Be careful or else you’ll choke” You smiled lightly, putting your water bottle in front of him for him to reach.

“Gufwmo(Gumawo)” He said with mouth full of food that splattering around the place mixed with his saliva.

You chuckled wiped a little bit of sauce at the corner of his lips, your skin lightly touched his lips sending loud thumps on his heart and shivers down his spine.

“T-Thank you” He said softly, lowering his head, not wanting you to see his blushing face.

*I think, I’m falling for her*

Day 4

“Woohyun” You called softly

He turned his attention to you and smiled brightly, showing you his rare eye smile that he saved only for special girls in his heart.

“What’s your result?” You asked, extending your hand, asking for a piece of paper students received that consist of their ranks for their mid term exams.

“Err.” He scratched his nape awkwardly, trying to avoid you possessing his result.

“Give it to me” You said with a glint in your eyes, stubbornly wanting his result

He gulped, he knew at that time that he couldn’t win you in a battle of protecting your result. He rummaged through his pocket and grabbed the crumbling paper and handed it to you.

You grabbed it, lightly touching your hand with his palm sending butterflies in his stomach. He tried to put on his poker face but eventually failed with a big blushing grin that replaced it.

You ignored him and straightened his paper, bewildered at the result. It was the worst result you have ever seen in your life. Your eyes traced to each subject’s result with a below average score leading him to #199 out of 200 students.

“This is really bad Woohyun, if you become the bottom you will have to repeat a year” You said worriedly, staring straight into his eyes that send him shivers.

“Err.. I am just stupid, I can’t help it.” He dryly smiled and scratched his head.

“No, I will tutor you, there is the makeup examination the day after tomorrow, and you have to study. Come to my house tomorrow” You suggested

His heart started thumphing loudly *Does that mean that she wants to do it??!*

He took a wrong meaning.

“S-s-s-s-sure” He smiled through his shaking lips. He mentally slapped himself, worrying about you thinking of him as a sore loser and how his pride of being a playboy was shattered into million pieces by a simple suggestion from the smartest student.

Day 5

*What a big house* Woohyun stared at a big mansion standing tall in front of him. *She must be living such a happy life*

He walked towards the gate and pressed the bell, someone answered it through the telecom. “Who might you be?” A man with a deep voice asked

“Nam Woohyun, I am Kang Jiyoung’s friend” He said, getting flustered.

“Oh, I’ve received news about you from young miss, you may come in” He said and pressed a button which opened the grand gate in front of him.

He stared at it in awe and walked in while looking around the beautiful garden that surrounds the big house.

Before he knocked the door, an older version of Jiyoung greeted him with a bright smile. “Annyohaseyo, are you Nam Woohyun?” She asked kindly

“N-Nae” He stuttered nervously

“Oh, hello I’m Jiyoung’s mother. It’s nice to see her having such a handsome boyfriend” She smiled sweetly

He could feel a rush of rising temperature through his body as he looked down in embarrassment. “Let’s not waste time and see Jiyoung, she has been waiting for you” She smiled and let him in

“Woohyun” You called, walking down the grand stairs and meeting eyes with him. He didn’t know why but he loved it when you called his name with your sweet voice while staring through his eyes with your sharp but warm eyes.

“I’ll leave you two alone” Your mum smiled and walked into the kitchen, you nodded and shift your attention back to him. “Come into my room” You said casually and walked in front of him, leading him through the house.

*It’s time! It’s time! It’s time!* He blushed as his head starting to get a bit dizzy

You opened the door towards your bedroom; your scent that was lingering around your room hits him lightly as he inhaled it softly and he immediately have a calm feeling in his heart. He loved your smell, the soft scent of a soft grassy field full of spring flowers.

“Sit down” You said and pointed at a sofa. He nodded and sat on it, immediately unpacking his stuff that was in his backpack and place it lightly onto the coffee table that was in front of him.

You grabbed a pen from your desk and immediately joined him onto the sofa. You sat next to him, not realizing that your soft skin touching his arm. He blushed for a moment and snapped back, mentally slapping himself to focus of studying.

“I’ll let you do the problems yourself. Ask me if you have any question” You said and opened a novel to read.

He nodded and stared at a piece of paper full of confusing mathematical problems that needs at least 10 lines to solve.

“Help me” He asked, pointing at the problem.

You bookmarked your book and lightly put it on the coffee table, advancing towards him and moving your cheek closer to his. Your scent can be smelled as he gulped, trying hard to control himself, you pointed at the problem and began explaining it, but your words couldn’t be digested into his head. All he thought was your touch and your scent that was lingering around him and your warm breath that could be felt from his ears.

Without thinking of any consequences, he crashes his lips to yours. You froze in shock, your eyes widened as you did not respond. You two stayed like that for a minute before he pulled away.

He hid his face with his hands and sheepishly chuckled “That was really awkward, I’m sorry. You must be scared”

You stared at him intently, not knowing what to do. You lightly placed your hand onto his shoulder comfortingly “I wasn’t. I was just shocked. I… kinda like it” You said softly, getting embarrassed by your words.

He uncovered his face and looked at you, a smile crept up into his face as he grabbed your shoulders and then cupped your face. You looked at him with your reddening face.

He laughed softly before kissing you; you closed your eyes and enjoyed the moment that you might not be able to in the future.

Day 6

Woohyun smiled brightly while walking towards your house, upon seeing your home, he moved his hand, about to press the bell but stopped by someone’s call.

“Omo, is it Woohyun?” Your mum called at the sight of him being in front of her house

“Oh yes, ommonim” He said respectfully and bowed

“If you’re looking for Jiyoung, she’s not here” She said sadly

“What do you mean?” He asked, tilting his head but a rush of bad feeling surrounded his heart.

“She’s in a hospital getting her medicine. Didn’t she tell you?” She said, furrowing her eyebrows.

“Why is she in the hospital?”

“She really didn’t tell you”

 

Later… after school..

You walked weakly towards your house but stopped your tracks upon seeing Woohyun standing in front of the gate of your house with an angry look plastered on his face.

“Woohyun” You called, walking towards him

 “Why didn’t you tell me?” He asked, getting straight to the point and glared at you

“About what?”

“Don’t play dumb with me!! I know that you have been hiding about you having a tumor in your head and you’re going to the hospital tomorrow!!” He shouted, his heart felt like it was stabbed with million pieces full of mixed feelings of betrayal, lost, worry and sadness

“I told you it’s none of you to concern about and tomorrow is the last day of our dating time. Don’t worry, I will give you the pass” You said softly.

“I don’t care about the pass! I just want you!! Don’t you know??! I love you!!” He shouted, tears forming in his eyes as he quickly wiped it away, not wanting to show his weak side to you but it was too late.

You froze in shock and stared at him with wide eyes “I-“

“It’s okay, I just want to tell you this. There is a slight chance that you’ll be back right?” He said with a bitter laugh, trying to hide his feelings but it was no use. Tears kept rolling from his eyes endlessly.

“Woohyun-“ You tried to approach him, hovering your hand towards his face but he slapped it away

“I’m your boyfriend, but you didn’t tell me such an important thing. Forget it Jiyoung, I guess I was the only one who’s happy with this. Not you” He said, his eyes were cold as he stared intently at you.

He turned his back from you and walked away, not giving you a chance to talk anymore

Day 7

Woohyun walked weakly towards school, his eyes were red and he had dark circles under his eyes due to lack of sleep. His skin complexion was bad but he didn’t care.

“Woohyun!” Girls started to squeal and flock around him but he pushed them away with cold words and threatening glares. He opened his locker door and stopped at a letter sitting in his locker. He grabbed it and read every single word.

To Woohyun

Meet me behind the school’s building after school. I need to talk to you.

From: Jiyoung.

 

*I won’t go* He ripped the paper apart and threw them onto the floor. He shut his locker loudly making people around him jumped in fear.

 

Hours have passed, he kept looking at the clock for no reason. Finally, it was the last bell for the day. His mind wanting to go straight to a club but his body was moving towards behind the building of school. He finally arrived there and saw a thin figure leaning against a law while staring at a flower she picked up. Wind blew her hair softly and at that time, Woohyun can guarantee that she was the most beautiful person he had ever seen.

She shift her gaze towards Woohyun and stared at him with her sharp eyes. “You came”

“Yeah” He replied flatly “Make it quick”

“Come with me” You said and entended your hand towards him.

He grabbed it and at that time, he felt electricity going through both of you. You leaded him towards a place as he kept quiet and followed you. Both of them finally arrived at a grassy field full of flowers, soft wind blows the grasses and flowers softly and sent its smell to the direction of the wind.

*Just like what had I imagined of her scent*

She sat down on a spot and pulled him down, wanting him to sit down next to her which he did so.

“I love you Woohyun” You said simply and looked down, he smiled brightly but you looked at him with serious eyes “But. I don’t think that we can be together” His face fell upon your words but nodded, trying to hold his tears.

“The reason I called you here is because I want to explain everything and this place is where I felt most soothing, whenever I’m sad or angry, I will go here. I love this place” You said, looking at the field.

“I loved you since a long time ago, it all started last year..

 

Flashback

You and Woohyun were in the same class, you walked pass him one day but was pushed by a popular girl. “Get lost you nerd!!”She shrieked as she glared at you coldly.

Woohyun saw the scene and immediately helped you up “Guys, you cant do that!” He smiled brightly, telling the mean girls kindly

“Aww.. Woohyun, you’re always so kind, but you don’t have to do that to the nerd!” She said and waved it off

“She’s a human being too~ You cant do that” He shook his fingers left and right, telling that it’s not a good thing.

“Arasoo” She pouted cutely and left.

“You okay?” Woohyun shift his gaze towards you, his eyes were full of warmth and kindness that you were mesmerized to it. “Yes” You replied flatly

He nodded and smiled, walking off after making sure of your safety. From then on, your feelings became stronger, you wanted to talk to him but you couldn’t.

You heard that he was the biggest playboy but his smile didn’t leave your mind. Everytime you walk by him, you always see his smile. You loved it.

When you found out that you had tumor in your brain and you only had 20% chance of surviving the surgery, that’s when it struck you. It’s a one lifetime chance to be with him before you leave the world.

When he agreed to your deal, you felt like you are flying to heaven. You knew perfectly that he will never love you back but at least you could be by his side until the day you leave the world. You never expected that he would love you back, that’s why you didn’t tell him that you’re leaving, you thought that he wouldn’t care.

End of Flashback

“So yeah” You said calmly, you looked at him and startled at his streaming tears.

“I-I’m sorry for not listening to you” He said through his croaky voice

You shook your head and smiled “It’s not your fault. I could only enjoy this one last time with you, promise me something”

“What is it?” He asked, wanting you to continue

“When I’m gone, find someone else that you love who loves you back the same amount as you do. I want you to be happy and I will always watch you from the sky” You smiled bitterly

“There is a chance!” Woohyun said desperately

You shook your head “I have 80% chance of dying. I don’t think so”

“I will wait for you” He said softly

You nodded and moved your face towards him, kissing him deeply. At that time, you felt like it was the best time you ever had in your life. Same goes to Woohyun.

You pulled away from the kiss and smiled for the first time, it was the most beautiful smile he had ever seen in his life “Thank you for being with me the week. It was the best week of my life and I will never forget it” You smiled as tear slides down to your cheek

He smiled bitterly “It was the best week for me too”

 

5 years later…

Woohyun walked towards your favorite place with a straight back and a bright smile. “Such a beautiful day”

“This is your favorite place” He whispered, recalling the week you spent with him during his high school days. It was the best time in his life and he will never forget it.

“Yah! Woohyun! Wait for us!” A man shouted from behind with group of people walking behind him. Woohyun turned around and waved at them but shift his gaze forward.

He walked to the same spot where both of you sat together and kneeled down. A grave was sitting in front of him.

Kang Jiyoung

1991 – 2007

She lived up her life and peacefully passed away from a brain tumor. Her last words was “Thank you for being with me”

Tear slid down his cheek as he let out a little sob. Someone then placed his hand onto his shoulder like what you used to did. He looked up and saw a small eyed man “Stay strong” He said softly.

Woohyun nodded and shift his attention towards your grave

“You know, I debuted in a group called Infinite, we became popular. If you were here, I can show you the new song. We won the Music Bank. There is a man here who looks really handsome, his name is L, he’s my dongsaeng, but I won’t let you fall in love with him” He bitterly chuckled

“They are my band members. Sunggyu hyung is the leader, Dongwoo hyung is the rapper, I am the main singer, Hoya is the rapper and the main dancer, Sungyeol is the vocalist same goes to L but he’s also the visual while Sungjong is the maknae. They are my second family, if you meet them, you’ll like them instantly”

“Jiyoung ah.. I hope that you’ll be happy up there. One day, I’ll meet a girl but I won’t forget you in my heart as you’re my first love”