His thoughts.....

Once in a Lifetime

 

"Beautiful," Jiyong exclaimed as he saw the sunset.

 

He went to the province, just to unwind. His life in the city is quite messed up.

 

His father was asking him, no, pestering him to get married.

 

His sister kept introducing him to her socialite friends.

 

And Kiko, don't let him get started with Kiko.

 

His phone rang. Looking at the caller ID, it was his father.

 

"Hello Father," Jiyong answered the phone.

 

"Jiyong, where the hell are you!?"

 

"South Korea," Jiyong said, making his father pissed.

 

"Come back in Seoul this instant!"

 

"No can't do Father. I'll see you in three months," Jiyong said and ended the call.

 

He's about to put the phone back into his pocket, when his phone rang again. It's his sister. He took one look at the screen and then he threw his phone in the sea. He's here to unwind, not to get stress from his family.

 

He rented a house, and wore cheap clothes. He dyed his blonde colored hair brown.

 

He looked himself in the mirror and smiled, hoping that nobody would recognize him.

 

He walked along the shores, enjoying the view and the peacefulness of the place.

 

He saw a little guy and a girl making a sand castle. He approached them.

 

"Need help?" he asked.

 

The two nodded. He started helping them and they created a big sand castle.

 

"Wow oppa! It's huge!" the girl exclaimed in delight.

 

"Yes, it fits you. You're like a princess Minzy-ah," the boy said to the girl.

 

The girl blushed and mumbled a "Thank you Daesung-oppa," to the boy.

 

"Daesung-ah! Minzy-ah!" a girl about Jiyong's age called the two.

 

"Seonsangnim!" the two shouted and rushed to the lady.

 

The lady hugged the two. She held their hand and approached me.

 

"Thank you for playing with my students," she said, bowing.

 

"Oh, she's a teacher," Jiyong thought.

 

"You're welcome. I had fun with them."

 

"I'm Sandara by the way. I haven't seen you around. Are you a tourist?"

 

"I'm Jiyong. I just moved in that house over there," he said, pointing to his house.

 

"Oh, I live in that brown house, beside yours," Dara said.

 

"Really?"

 

"Yup. Welcome to the neighborhood. Well, we have to get going. Come on guys," she said to the children. I waved goodbye and they're gone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's about five in the morning, and Jiyong is already wide awake. He decided to take a walk on the beach. The light summer breeze is refreshing for him. "I wish I could live here forever," he thought.

 

He saw a figure emerging from the sea. It was no other than Sandara.

 

Jiyong is mesmerized. She looked like a water nymph with her white bikini and dripping wet brown long locks.

 

"Jiyong-sshi?" Dara asked.

 

"Yeah, it's me."

 

"Good morning," she said, smiling. Jiyong approached her.

 

"Good morning to you too. Taking a dip so early?"

 

"Yeah, it's a habit. It's pretty fun, watching sunrise while swimming. It's about sunrise soon."

 

"Is it okay if I join you?" Jiyong asked.

 

"Sure," Dara replied. Jiyong started to strip, luckily he's wearing his boardshorts.

 

They took a dip, and talked about stuffs. Jiyong enjoyed talking with her. She's very opinionated and smart, well she's a teacher after all; unlike those spoiled girls in Seoul he knew.

 

"I had fun talking with you Ji," she said. In a short span of time, they got along so well.

 

"Me too Dara. I'll talk to you later?"

 

"Yeah, see you," she said with a smile.

 

 

 

 

 

That evening, Jiyong went to the supermarket. He shopped while looking on his list so he won't over-spend. Even though he has a lot of money, he doesn't want to waste them on things he won't use.

 

As he was shopping, he bumped into a shopping cart.

 

"I'm sorry!" they both blurted out.

 

"Sandara?" he asked.

 

"Oh, Ji. Sorry!" she apologized.

 

"Nah, it's my fault."

 

"No, it's mine."

 

"Nope, it's mine."

 

"Well, let's consider this as both our fault."

 

Jiyong laughed. "Sure."

 

"So, wanna shop together?" Jiyong asked and Sandara agreed.

 

 

 

 

Jiyong carried Sandara's shopping bags despite her protests.

 

"I could carry them!" she protested.

 

"I know you could. I'm not doubting your strenght, but if I let you carry these, I wouldn't be gentleman right?"

 

"But-"

 

"No buts. Just walk like a pretty lady that you are," Jiyong said which made Sandara blush.

 

They arrived at her house and she ushered Jiyong inside. Jiyong helped her put her groceries in her refrigerator and cabinets.

 

"Well, I'll get going," Jiyong said.

 

"Uh, do you want to stay for dinner?"Sandara asked.

 

Jiyong smiled. "I don't want to be a bother."

 

"You won't be. You helped me with my groceries, it's the least I could do."

 

"Well, thank you. Bu could I drop my groceries in my house first?"

 

"Sure. I'll cook dinner."

 

Jiyong bade goodbye and rushed to his house. He smiled. He thinks he's smitten with Sandara Park.

 

 

 

 

"That's the most delicious meal I've ever had," Jiyong said.

 

Sandara blushed. "Thank you. But I bet that's not true."

 

"You know, I've never eaten a meal cooked by my mother. She's always away. You're cooking is really good, it's filled with something else you know."

 

"Thank you," was all Sandara could say.

 

 

 

 

Jiyong didn't notice that a month already passed. He enjoys his time in the province. He met nice and honest people, and nobody befriends him because of his status nor wealth. Life is perfect.

 

More than perfect actually.

 

"Sorry to keep you waiting," Sandara said.

 

"No, it's okay."

 

He invited her to a dinner, just the two of them. He enjyoy her company and he can see that she enjoyed his.

 

"Wow Ji. I.. it's perfect."

 

He smiled. He prepared this dinner on the beach himself after all.

 

"I'm glad you liked it," he said as he pulled out the chair for her.

 

They started to eat and talk. He noticed that she smiled upon seeing carrots.

 

"You like carrots, don't you?" he said.

 

"I do. I love carrots," she said, happy that he noticed.

 

Jiyong notices little things about her. Her habits, favorites, just little things. And those little things made impressions.

 

And Sandara notices little things about Jiyong too. She noticed that he loves music and that he's passionate about it, though his father objects that he pursue a career in music.

 

She noticed that he loves pasta and hates mushrooms. That he loves the color red. And so many other things that even his family didn't notice; or more like didn't bother to notice.

 

"Sandara?"

 

"Hm?" she asked.

 

"I like you," Jiyong blurted out and blushed. This is rare, he's blushing!

 

Sandara smiled. "I like you, too."

 

Jiyong smiled. He took Sandara's hands and kissed it. They sighed in contentment, feeling happy with each other.

 

 

 

 

Jiyong woke up and heard knocks on his door.

 

"Urgh, who knocks on this hour..." he thought.

 

He opened the door, to find his father's bodyguards outside.

 

Two of them grabbed both of his arms and dragged him.

 

"Where are you taking me!?" he angrily said.

 

"Seoul," one of them said.

 

"Let me go!"

 

"No young master. Master Kwon asked us to take you back."

 

"Let me at least say goodbye to my friends here," he asked. Let me say goodbye to her at least.

 

"Sorry sir, but we have strict orders."

 

"Please, just a minute."

 

"No sir."

 

"Please, please," he begged, but they didn't even let him write a letter.

 

And with that, he left the province with a heavy heart.

 

And a thought on his mind, Sandara.