PROLOGUE

Listen To My Heartbeat [ON HOLD]

Most people would think that being married is like a blessing, the very best thing that happened to them as the couples who are so much in love are finally able to live together under the same roof, bind forever by the promises they had share at the church. This is the moment that they have been waiting for.

But not for this certain couple, Choi Hyeji and Kim Jongdae, who had just got married nearly a month ago. They are not the couple who usually goes lovey-dovey with each other, like most newly-weds would do. Each has their very own reasons. Hyeji had hope that she will get married with her long-time boyfriend, Byun Baekhyun, but fate did not sided with her. Her parents forbid their relationship as he does not have a proper job. Instead, she was being force to marry with other guy whom she did not even know.

Chen falls in love at first sight with Hyeji when his parents bring him to meet her along with Mr and Mrs Choi to discuss about their upcoming wedding. Yes, their marriage was arranged by both Chen and Hyeji’s parents. But after being married to her, he can sense that something was not right. Every time he tried to talk to her she would ignored him, and when he got home from work Hyeji did not even prepare lunch/dinner for him, unlike most housewives. She just locked herself in her room which hurts Chen a lot. He did not know what is the cause of all this. Being the calm and gentle guy, he did not want to get angry at her. He loves her too much and the treatment that he received only proved that his love is only a one-sided love. He always tried to convinced himself that one day, Hyeji would love him as much as he does.

Until that fateful night, all secrets were revealed.