Waiting For Only You

Waiting For Only You

I sat on the bench by myself, eyeing the clouds in the sky. The wind pushed them around slowly, their shapes changing. “Hey, that one looks like a turtle,” I mumbled, beginning to smile.

A little boy walked by me with his mother, looking up at the same cloud, pointing and laughing. “Mommy! It’s a turtle cloud!” The little boy sang. I could only smile wider at the boy’s happiness at a little cloud.

I waited and stared at the clouds for a few more minutes, the colour of the sky and chirping of the birds calming me down. A little squirrel ran up one of the trees, his cheeks stuffed with what were probably acorns. I loved the park, it was so relaxing with few distractions.

“Excuse me, Miss? Could I sit down?” A voice asked me. Not taking my eyes off of the little squirrel, I just shrugged, not bothering to look at the stranger. I was waiting, and waiting for one person only. Right?

But that voice; it sounded so familiar, like I had heard it before. Whatever. I’m probably just imagining things. But the longer I sat there with the stranger, the more it annoyed me. Finally, I looked over to see who it was, and there sat a blonde man, probably a year or two older than me, looking off into the distance. He seemed familiar, but I just couldn’t put my finger on it. He didn’t seem to notice me staring, but the longer I stared, the harder it was to recognize him.

Until I saw the turtle sitting in his lap.

The one and only Kim Jongwoon everyone.

“J-jongwoon? Is that you?” I stuttered, surprised he was actually here, and not sitting inside his room obsessing over his damn turtles. He turned and looked over at me with a soft smile. Oh how I missed that smile, I hadn’t seen it in what seemed like forever. His hair was still the same as when he had left, despite his obsession with dying it.

He took one of my hands in his, kissing the back of it. “You don’t know how much I’ve missed you baby.” I just about fainted. I didn’t think he’d remembered me, let alone missed me. We went on one date together, and I couldn’t stop thinking about him since. But military service was mandatory for men in South Korea. I promised myself that I would wait for him, as long as it took. No matter how many guys came along, I would still wait for him. “I hope you missed me as much as I did.”

I couldn’t take it. I needed to feel his embrace again. I wrapped my arms around him, feeling comfortable when I felt his arms around my waist. Ddangkoming was stuck somewhere in between our hug, but I didn’t care. As long as I was with him, everything was perfect, and nothing else mattered.

“I can’t even begin to explain how much I missed you,” He whispered, his voice low and quiet. I felt his grip tighten around my waist, and I was in heaven. “Did you wait for me Steph?”

Steph. No one had called me that since...

Well, since he had left. He was the only one I ever let call me by the nickname, because it sounded so much better coming from his mouth than anyone else’s.

“Yes, of course I waited. Just like I promised you.” I would never lie to him. We may have only known eachother for a month or two, but it was love at first sight, and I would never deny that. We were meant for eachother, and the both of us knew it.

Jongwoon pulled away from the hug, using his finger to push my hair back behind my ear. I had missed this. The silent moments between just us with no one else around, not saying a word, just enjoying each other’s company.I looked into his eyes; they were filled with love, care, and kindness. Just like how it was before.

Two years may have separated us, but it wasn’t enough to hurt our love for eachother. I leaned up, carefully kissing him on the cheek. I saw him smile, letting out a quiet chuckle before I felt his soft lips on mine. Slowly, my hands found their way around his neck. It felt like we were two puzzle pieces that were made for eachother.

Two years without a kiss, without a hug, without a hello from him. it hurt, and it was hard, but our love was enough to keep us together and strong.

I felt Jongwoon pull away for just a moment to whisper the one thing I longed to hear the most.

“I love you Stephanie. Forever and always.”

 


I wrote this for you ClouDYesung~ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ