Love at first sight

Melody

 

During her free time afterschool, Yoona would help her mom with the flower shop. 

Somedays she would go out and play music on the street just for fun but of course, sometimes pedestrians would stop to listen and maybe toss in a few dollars. 

Her mom's flower shop had been opened even before Yoona was born. Because of that, Yoona spent her childhood learning names of flowers and their meanings.

Yoona smiled at the flowers infront of her as she tilted the watering can above it.

She turned around after feeling a tap on her shoulder.

She raised a brow as a group of five boys appeared infront of her.

"Flowers are dumb." A boy told her and stuck his tongue out shortly after.

The rest of the group laughed with him as if he had said the funniest thing ever.

"Kids have weird humor these days." Yoona unconciously said out loud and stared blankly at them.

One of the kids took the watering can from her and tilted it onto her shoes, causing another laugh explosion from the kids.

"YAH!" Yoona jumped back to reality. "Give that back to me!"

"You want it?" The boy snickered and threw it onto the ground causing all the water to spill out.

Another boy thought it would be funny to kick one of the flower pot down.  

"Stop that!" Yoona shouted and then kneeled down to look at the sad flower on the ground.

She frowned as she tried to remember the flower's name. "...Gloxinia." 

"Hey kids, what do you think you're doing?!" A voice shouted. 

Yoona could hear the foot steps of the boys running away.

"Hey, you alright?" Said the girl that had just kneeled down beside Yoona. 

Yoona turned to look at her. 

They stared at each other for a few seconds.

"Why does she look so familiar?" They both thought at the same time.

Yoona blinked a few times. "Oh..? Isn't she the one that dropped Tiffany unnie off at school today?" 

"Wow she's more prettier up close..." Yoona thought.

"Ahem." The girl cleared . "Are you alright?" She asked again.

"Y-Yeah." Yoona nodded. "Thank you for chasing those guys away." She smiled. 

"I'm Kwon Yuri." Yuri extended her arm to her.

Yoona stared at Yuri's hand blankly before shaking it. "Im Yoona."

"..."

Yuri grinned at her. "Um..You can let go of my hand now."

"Oh sorry.." Yoona quickly pulled her hand away from Yuri.

Yuri smiled at her. "It's fine."

Yoona stared at the broken pieces of the pot infront of her. "I should clean this up." She reached out for a piece but was stopped by a hand.

"You might cut yourself, let me do it." Yuri went to pick up the pieces before Yoona could.

"Ok." Yoona managed to say. She picked up the flower and sighed. "You need a new pot."  

She stood up from her spot and went back into the store, Yuri followed.

Yuri studied the inside of the store. "Smells nice in here." She smiled to herself.

"Yoon- Omo what happened?" Yuri turned to the woman's voice. 

"Uh.. A pot fell and broke." Yoona tried her best to hide the truth to not worry her mother. 

"You can throw those in the garbage." Yoona pointed and Yuri did as she was told. 

"Who's this?" Her mother asked as she looked at Yuri. 

Yoona smiled. "This is Kwon Yuri, uh..she saw the pot fall so she came to help me. Yuri, this is my mom."

"Ah, It's nice to meet you Mrs. Im." She bowed to the woman, earning a warm smile. 

"It's nice to meet you too Yuri, thank you for helping my daughter."

"Done." A smile appeared on Yoona's face as she finished putting the flower back in a pot. 

"Hey, Yoona." Yuri called for the girl.

"Yeah?" She turned around to face Yuri. 

"Can I buy that flower?" 

"Sure, I'll get you a new one!"

"No, I want that one." Yuri stared at it. 

"T-This one?" Yoona stuttered. "Why?"

Yuri just shrugged. 

Yoona nodded. "Okay then." She went over to her mom and placed the flower on the counter. 

"Yuri wants to buy this one." She told her mom, Her mom glanced at the flower then at Yuri.

"Yuri, Do you know what kind of flower this is?" 

Yuri shook her head with a small smile. "No, But it looks pretty."

Mrs. Im gave Yuri a nod. "It is pretty. It's a Gloxinia, It means 'Love at first sight'." 

After hearing those words, Yuri moved her gaze from the flower to Yoona, only to find herself having a staring contest with the girl.

Yoona blushed and looked away from Yuri. "A-Ah Umma, I'm sure Yuri has other places to be."

Her mother took the money from Yuri and smiled.

"Aigooo, my daughter is so obvious when she likes someone." She whispered to Yuri with a wink.

Yuri chuckled. "I can see that."

"Thank you for helping my daughter." 

Yuri took the flower pot into her arms. "No problem."

Just as she was about to exit she stopped and turned to Yoona. "Let's see each other again sometime, Bye Yoona."   

Yoona nodded her head blankly. "B-Bye.."

She let out a sigh as she watched Yuri cross the street.

"It's about time you found someone!" Her mother teased. "I thought you were never gonna get married."

Yoona turned to her mother with a pout. "But Umma, I'm only 23!" She whined. 

"Well, I think Yuri is a nice girl." Her mother smiled to herself.

"She already has someone."

Her mother raised a brow. "How do you know that?"

"A-Ah, I meant, she looks like she has someone already." Yoona said quickly.

Her mother shook her head with a smile. "It looks like she's interested in you."

Yoona felt her face get hot after hearing her mother's words. "Is she the player type? Aish I can't like her! I just became friends with Tiffany .."

She spent the rest of her day thinking about what to do with her feelings for Yuri.

 


 

"Let's see each other again sometime, Bye Yoona." Yuri managed to say before leaving. 

She exhaled loudly after reaching her bike. "I like her.." She stared at the flower and smiled to herself.

"Oh! There you are!" 

She turned to the voice. "Kai? What are you doing here?" She raised a brow at the guy. "What's with the clothes?"

He was dressed in a business suit, very different from the plain shirts and jeans Yuri usually sees him in.

"I was on my way to my father's office but then I saw your bike and decided to stop by but you weren't here. So I watched your bike for you." Kai smiled. "And my clothes? This is what I usually wear to work but when I'm watching races clothes tend to get dirty, so I don't want my suits to get dirty." He chuckled.

"Ah, Thanks for watching my bike." 

"What's the flower for?" Kai asked. "Your girlfriend?" 

Yuri laughed. "Do you really think I have a girlfriend?" 

Kai could only shrug at the question. "You should, I don't see why a girl like you is still single."  He then reached into his shirt for something. "Here have these." 

Yuri stared at the two tickets in his hands.

"There's a piano concert going on tomorrow. My father gave them to me as a gift." Kai told her. "I don't have anyone to go with, maybe you can go with your girlfriend."

"Piano? Tiffany told me she likes piano... Maybe if I take her to this concert, she won't be as mad when I get home."

"Sure, I'll take em." Yuri smiled to Kai. 

She then hurried back home, not wanting Tiffany to worry much. 

"I'm home!" She shouted as she entered her home and the lights to find a crying Tiffany hugging her knees on the couch. 

Yuri quickly placed the flower down and walked over to the girl. "Are you okay?! why are you crying?"

"I-I'm sorry Y-Yuri.." Tiffany sniffed. 

"Yah... You didn't do anything wrong, Stop crying..." Yuri frowned and wiped the tears with her thumb.

"I shouldn't have yelled at you.."

"It's okay, I know riding my bike is dangerous." Yuri pulled the girl into a hug. "You really worried when you saw that I had hurt myself, It's not your fault Tiffany."

Tiffany smiled. "Okay.."

"Guess what I got for you?" Yuri asked as she reached in her pocket for the tickets.

"What?" Tiffany raised a brow. 

"Tickets to a piano concert!" Yuri showed Tiffany the tickets. "You like piano right? We can go together tomorrow!"

"Oh my gosh! I thought those were all sold out!" Tiffany gasped. "Did you buy them?! You didn't have to Yuri!" 

Yuri chuckled. "No, A friend gave them to me."

"Oh, how nice of them." Tiffany smiled. "Ah! there was something I wanted to ask you."

"What is it?"

"How do you get money?" Tiffany questioned. "You never told me about a job or anything.."

Yuri gulped. "Oh god, What to do? I don't want to make her angry again." 

 


 

Taeyeon walked up five flights of stairs to reach her home. The place was old and had no elevators. In the beginning she would complain about how tiring it was but now she has gotten use to it. 

She took out her keys and unlocked the door silently, praying that her mother was still in bed sleeping like a baby.

She cursed in her head after seeing her mother sitting on the couch, she had been waiting for Taeyeon.

They stared at each other intensely.

Knowing how her mother would react, Taeyeon didn't dare to speak up first.

"Where were you last night?" Her mother's voice was strict and stern.

Taeyeon took a deep breath before answering. "Out."

Her mother's eyebrows knitted closer to each other, annoyed of how Taeyeon was avoiding her question. "I asked Where, So where were you?!"

"Friend's house." A lie. She was actually out roaming the streets until her mother fell asleep, she could tell when her mother went to sleep by the lights of their apartment. 

Her mother sighed in frustration. "They called me again." 

"I know." Taeyeon mumbled.

"They moved you to a new school, again." She says. "Do you know why they moved you to the school that was ranked #3 in Seoul?"

Taeyeon shrugged.

"They say that maybe if they put you in a school with a better environment, you'll change." Her mother laughed as if it was a joke.

She stopped her laughter and became serious. "Today was your first day, Did you go?" 

Taeyeon nodded her head. "I did, It's not bad."

"You didn't cause any trouble?"

"Surprisingly no." She answered. "I think I like it there."

"You better not cause anymore trouble." Her mother warned her. "This is your last warning, can't believe I haven't kicked you out yet."

Taeyeon scoffed. "I don't even want to live here." She muttered under her breath. 

"Go to your room now. I don't want to see you." 

Taeyeon walked to her room. "Good night... Mrs. Kim." She whispered sadly before closing her door. 

 

 


 

Hi guys! This chapter was supposed to be up yesterday but I got bombarded with homework and exam stuff D: But it's here now! :DD hope it's ok :D Comment and subscribe new readers? :)

REPLIES! 

@blu_angie08 
I like how I made Taeyeon's character as well! though I do feel extremely sad for her at the same time :((

@JessFany293
Hahaha Jessica does have a lot of admirers in this fic let me warn you xD trouble is bound to happen. "Here comes trouble!" Says Tiffany Hwang xD hehe.

@snsdforeverandmore
Hehehehe poor Jessi and Yoong xD they both think YulTi are lovers 

@KalakiMae
Yep Tiffany does have a lot of rivals in this fic Dx poor girl.

@AsukaEnergetic
Hahaha Jessica is going to have many admirers. Sunny and Hara aren't the end of it. haha spoiler? D; oh no. don't kill me! 

 

 

 

Thank you for commenting and subscribing guys! love you <3 TT__TT you make me want to keep writing.