I'll Back Off So You Can Live Better

I'll Back Off So You Can Live Better

MGE3MDkyMGEwNDQ5.gifhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eL3lKPVq-0


The sun poured through the window, casting a puddle of warmth and light at the foot of your bed. You groaned and opened one eye, then the other. You turned your head to the right. It was 7:35 A.M. You tried to get up but felt an arm across your midsection. You looked to the left. Taecyeon was still fast asleep on his stomach with one arm under his head and the other across your belly. You tried to pry his arm off but it was too heavy.

“Yah! Oppa!” You tried to wake him. It was no use. “Oppa!” You tried again. You suddenly got an idea. You leaned close to his ear and cooed. “Yeobo~” You saw the edge of his lip curl up to a smile. “WAKE UP!!!” You yelled into his ear.

“AH!” He bolted upright. “Yah Kim ~~~~~! What was that for?” You put on your innocent face.

“What was what for?” You saw him glare at you. “Oppa, don’t be mad.” You pouted and hugged his arm. He looked at you then turned away. “Oppa~” He turned to you but looked away once again. “Yeobo~” You saw him bite his lip in attempt to stop himself from smiling. “Jagiya, saranghaeyo~” He finally surrendered. You smiled and saw him get closer. You closed my eyes and readied yourself for the impact, but instead he just pecked you on the nose before falling back onto the bed. You opened your eyes and stared at him. You saw a smirk on his lips.

“Were you expecting something?”

"A-a-aniya!” You said. “I’m going to go take a shower.” You were about to flip the covers off and storm away, but looked down and saw that you were . You grabbed the covers and wrapped yourself in them before dragging them off of the bed with me and out the door.

“Yah! I’m going to catch a cold!” You heard him yell. You went back to the door and poked my head through. You stuck out your tongue before turning back once again to go to the bathroom.

"Mehrong~" You . You heard him get off the bed and you turned your head back. He was chasing you with an annoyed look on his face. You picked up your speed and jogged, well semi-jogged since you can’t really jog with a blanket surrounding you. He easily caught up to you since he was only in his boxers and back hugged you.

“Let go of me!” You squirmed.

“No.” Taecyeon held on to you tighter. You finally gave up and let your arms fall limp at your side. He loosened his grip and that was when you took advantage. You slipped out of his arms, though you really didn’t want to, and ran into the bathroom, slammed the door, and locked it. You heard him pound on the door several seconds later.

“Hey! Let me in!” His voice was slightly muffled by the door.

“No.” I told him and the water.

“Come on, I’ll behave! I’ll even wash your back for you!” You pondered on whether or not to open the door. “Please?” He added. You sighed and went over and opened the door. No later than you opened the door a crack, he came in and picked you up, princess style. He walked over to the tub and placed you in.

“I could have just walked over there!” You protested.

“I know, but this makes it more romantic.” He said with a lopsided grin.

“You are such a dork.” He climbed into the tub and grabbed the washcloth and body wash. He turned you around so your back was facing him and started scrubbing gently.

AFTER BATH

You two were sitting on the couch with you in between his legs. His arms were around your stomach and his head was on your shoulder. You were watching "My Princess" when suddenly his phone rang. He stood up from his comfortable position and he went into the kitchen to take the call. He came back a few minutes later. He had a huge smile on his face.

“Yeobo, guess what?” You looked up from the screen.

“What?”

“I got the job! I passed the audition!”

“Really?” He nodded. You jumped up and hugged him.

“That’s great! When are you going to start working on the drama?”

“Next week.”

2 MONTHS LATER

Taecyeon’s drama got extremely high ratings and he was practically an A-list celebrity. He even had his own fan club. Girls practically threw themselves on him, and when he was on a t.v. show, the female MCs swooned. It was harder to keep your relationship a secret since paparazzi would stalk him everywhere.

You moved to a bigger and more expensive apartment where they had high security, which you desperately needed. It was hard for you to get in or out because the outside perimeter was surrounded by paparazzi, reporters, and crazy fans that somehow found out where he lived. They all believed that you was just some rich girl that lived in another place in the apartment and not Taecyeon’s girlfriend.

Taecyeon got back extremely late too. Sometimes it was because of work, but other times it was because he went to a party with other celebrities. He never brought you along since he feared the safety of you. The only other person who knew about you was Taecyeon’s manager. You called him Ahjussi and he was like a father to you.

Today was not different from any other day. You had gone shopping for groceries and when you came back, the fans, paparazzi and reporters were already there. It was only 7:30 in the morning! You s your way through everyone and when you tried to get past a group of fan girls, they didn’t let you pass.

“What do you think you’re doing?” One of them sneered.

“Yeah! We got here first so back off!” The other said.

“Um, I live here…” You tried to explain. All they did was laugh at you.

“Yeah, and I’m Taecyeon’s girlfriend.” A girl said with heavy sarcasm.

“No, I really do.” You said and took out your keys, which was different from other keys since it was blue and platinum, and dangled it in front of them. Their eyes widened.

“Omo, you really do live here.” They exclaimed.

“Yep.” You said while nodding your head slowly.

“Have you ever seen Taecyeon before? Have you ever talked to him? What is he like? Is he hotter in person?” One of the girls bombarded you with questions.

“Uh, no, I live on a different floor than him so I never saw him before.” You smoothly lied.

“Oh.” They said, disappointed. They moved out of your way so you could get in. You easily got passed the security as they have seen you million of times before and went up the elevator into your room. Like usual, Taecyeon wasn’t home and was probably working. You sighed. All of the sudden, the doorbell rang. That was extremely weird since no one, not even our neighbors visit. Also, Taecyeon isn’t home so it couldn’t be like his friends or something. You cautiously opened the door and it was Taecyeon’s manager.

“Ah! Ahjussi!”

“Hi, can I come in?”

“Yeah, but Taecyeon is not here…”

“I know, I wanted to talk to you.” You moved out of the way and opened the door wider. He came in with a magazine.

“Here, sit down. Would you like some tea to drink?”

“That would be great.” He sat on the black leather couch as you went into the kitchen and prepared the tea. You placed the hot cups filled with green tea on a tray and carried it into the living room. You set it on the glass coffee table and gave him his cup while taking yours to your seat, which was opposite of him.

“So, what did you want to talk about?” You asked. You was really curious since this was the first time he ever visited me alone. He drank his tea before talking.

“Have you seen this yet?” He tossed the magazine over to me. You picked it up. It was a celebrity news/gossip magazine that was popular among teens. On the front cover there was a picture that was a little fuzzy. It was obvious it was taken at night. The guy, you recognized, was Taecyeon and the girl was his costar in the drama he starred in. They were walking side by side with their hands close but not touching. They were both laughing like one of them said something funny. The text on the page said, “TAECYEON’S SECRET GIRLFRIEND?”, “WE CAUGHT THEM ON A DATE!”, “TAECYEON IS DATING HIS COSTAR?”, and “WE HAVE ALL THE PHOTOS!” You stared at it in disbelief. Ahjussi was calmly sipping his tea as he watched your reaction. You had so many questions that you wanted to ask, but before you could ask them, Ahjussi spoke.

“We don’t know if it’s true yet. I haven’t spoken with Taecyeon yet and I’m not sure he even saw the news yet.” You nodded. You put down my cup since your hands were shaking so badly. “Did you see the other photos yet?” He asked me. You shook my head and opened the magazine to page 24. There were four photos in total. The first one was the one on the front cover. The second was Taecyeon and the actress in a car. Taecyeon was driving and the actress was sitting on the passenger side. The third picture showed him parked in front of her house with him opening the door on her side. The last one was him walking into her house. You couldn’t even read the article since your eyes were filling up with tears. You tried to hold them back but one tear escaped. It trailed down your cheek and you hurriedly wiped it away with the back of your hand. “Are you alright?” Ahjussi asked with concern in his eyes.

“Y-yeah.” You said, my voice cracking a little.

“Anyway, this came out four days ago and the actress has already gotten death threats and hate mail. She checked into rehab this morning because of this. This made me realize what could happen if fans found out about your relationship with Taecyeon. This would not only destroy you, but it would possibly destroy Taecyeon’s career. You see, the reasson his career took off was because of his fans and if they find out that he has a girlfriend, who knows how they will react. Also, if Taecyeon tries to protect you, he might get hurt.”

“I’ll leave him.”

“Wait ~~~~~, I didn’t even suggest that.”

“You’re right. Nothing good is going to come out of this relationship.”

“But—” You interrupted him.

“This is my decision. I’m going to break up with him, but I need two things from you.” You saw him think.

“Let me hear what they are first.”

 “Don’t tell him until I leave and please help me buy a ticket to New York City for a flight as soon as possible.” There was a silence that lasted for ten minutes.

“All right.” He reluctantly agreed. You could tell he really didn't want to agree.

“Thank you.”

“I’m going to call for your ticket right now.” He said and got off the couch.

“I’ll go pack.” You told him and went to your room. You got the big suitcase from the closet and opened it. You took all of my clothes out of your closet and drawers and neatly folded them and placed them in the suitcase. You zipped it up and went to grab your other suitcase. You placed your makeup, shoes, and other random stuff such as your toothbrush in there. You left all of our photos and things that were considered “both of yours.” By the time you had finished it was 5:00 PM. Ahjussi told you that my flight was at 8:30 PM tonight. He stayed and helped you pack some things. While he helped, you went to write a letter.


Dear Taecyeon,

I’m sorry that I’m breaking up with you through a letter. I know that you probably have another girlfriend. I know you are probably sick of me and that’s why you are practically never home. I know all of that so that’s why I’m leaving. You can forget me and you probably will. I’ll try my best to forget you as well. I know you’ll probably hate me. All I can say is I’m sorry. Don’t try to look for me because I can promise you, you’ll never find me. There was a time when I loved you. There was a time when all I cared about was you. There was a time when I wanted to protect you. There was a time when I believed in you. There was a time when you were all I wanted and the reason I lived, but now, all those things are getting harder to do and they will make life hard for you. I’m backing off so you can live better.  You’ll be happy without me. Live well.

Goodbye


You didn’t even bother signing it, since whom else would it be from? You placed it in an envelope and wrote Taecyeon’s name on the front. You handed it to Ahjussi.

“Can you give this to him after I leave?” He silently nodded. You cooked dinner for Ahjussi and yourself and covered Taecyeon’s dinner with plastic wrap and placed it in the fridge. You ate wordlessly and when it was time for you to leave, Ahjussi picked up your suitcases and carried them downstairs. You walked through the dark, silent apartment one last time. You touched every wall and looked at every picture. You took a picture with your mind and walked out of the door.

As the elevator descended from floor 12 to floor 1, you cried. You were alone in the elevator since Ahjussi was already down there. By the time you reached my destination, You had dried your tears and put on a pair of sunglasses so Ahjussi couldn’t see your red eyes. The reporters, fans, and paparazzi were still there as you pulled my luggage to the curb and hailed a taxi.  No one bothered to look at you. When the taxi came, you waved goodbye to Ahjussi while the taxi driver placed the suitcases in the trunk. Before you got into the passenger side and shut the door, Ahjussi placed an envelope in your hand. You looked inside, it was money.

“Ahjussi, I don’t need it.” You tried giving it back.

“You’ll need it, trust me.”

“But I’ll be living with my sister and her family. I already called them.”

“Just keep it to keep my mind at ease. I still feel guilty as if I caused you to leave.” You hugged him.

“Thanks. You’re kind of like a second father to me even before Taecyeon became famous.” He smiled. When the door of the taxi shut, the taxi driver asked you a question.

"Where to, miss?”

“Seoul Incheon International Airport.” You replied and looked out the window as signs, billboards, apartments, people, and other things passed you by.


AHJUSSI’S POV:

It just didn’t feel right for her to leave. I had a feeling that Taecyeon wouldn't be very happy about this. I know I promised her that I couldn’t tell Taecyeon, but I'm sorry ~~~~~, I have to break that promise. I quickly got into my car and drove as fast as I could without breaking a law to the restaurant where Taecyeon was eating dinner with the director of his next drama. They were sitting by the window so Taecyeon immediately saw me when I pulled up. I waved him over and he got up from the table and walked out of the four star restaurant’s door.

“What is it?”

“Quickly, get in the car. I’ll explain on the way there. It’s about ~~~~~.” When I mentioned her name, he immediately got into the passenger side.

“What happened to her?” He was anxious. He was obviously not caring that he just ditched dinner with a famous director.

“Call the director first and say that there is a family emergency and put on this hat. We don’t want anyone to recognize you when we get there.” I handed him a baseball cap which he took and wore it. He pulled out his cell and called the director. After finishing he turned back to face me.

“Now will you tell me what the hell is wrong with her?” I reached into my coat pocket while still keeping my eyes on the road. I handed him the envelope that had his name written on it. He opened it and his eyes quickly scanned the page. “Damn it.” He swore. “She saw the magazine?” I nodded. “Did you show it to her?” I nodded again.

“I had to.” I explained. “Otherwise she would have probably found out in a more painful way.”

“I didn’t even get to ing explain that to her! It’s nothing like what the magazine wrote. The cast of the drama was celebrating that we finished filming and that we were getting high ratings so we were all drinking and she got a little too drunk to drive. Since her house was on the way to the apartment I volunteered to drop her off.”

“You can worry about that when we get to the airport and find your girlfriend.” I told him.


YOUR POV:

You sat on the chair waiting. you decided to look at the plane ticket since you were bored. Your mouth dropped open. The ticket was for FIRST CLASS!


TAECYEON’S POV:

When we arrived at the airport, I literally jumped out of the car and ran in. I remembered that Ahjussi told me she was going to NYC but unfortunately he didn’t tell me which plane. There were three that were all taking off tonight. I rushed to the first gate, but there was no one there that looked a tiny bit like her. Just as I was about to rush to the second gate, I heard the intercom state that flight SS 501 at gate 36 was boarding. I rushed over to gate 36 and that was when I saw her. She was looking at her plane ticket while standing in line. As I was going to run over to her, I crashed into someone.

“I’m so sorry.” I apologized. My hat had fallen off from the collision.

“Omo, you’re Taecyeon!” I grabbed my hat and put it back on but it was no use. Everyone knew now. As fans and reporters gathered around me, I craned my neck to find her.


YOUR POV:

There was a bunch of commotion several feet from the line. Then you heard someone shout, “Taecyeon, can I get an autograph?”

“What are you doing here, Taecyeon?” A reporter asked. *Taecyeon was looking for me?* You thought.

“Miss, may I see your ticket and passport?” A voice interrupted your thought.

“Ah! Y-yeh.” You handed them to her. She handed them back.

“Next.” She called out. You took one last look at him before walking down the ramp to my flight.     *I’m not going to regret this* You told yourself. *It’s for the best.*

*Goodbye Jagiya*


Thank you for reading! See you at my next story!

Rated Sequel:

I Want You Back (Sequal to I'll Back Off So You Can Live Better)

Should I make a non-rated sequel? Tell me in the comments!