In The Waters

In The Waters

“What are you doing here?”

Victoria looks up from the pool, setting her glass of wine down on the cold stone ground. “Does it matter?”

His eyebrow jumps when she stands, watching as she reaches for a towel and dabs at her long, milky legs. “I guess not.”

Just as he turns to leave, he feels small hands wrap around his wrist and hold him to a stop. Victoria grins. “Not going to stay? It’s awfully quiet tonight. Maybe you could keep me company.”

In the background, he can hear the small waves of the pool waters and Victoria’s soft breathing. “What if I don’t want to?”

“Don’t be so mean, Tao.” Victoria feigns a whine. She walks in front of him, encircling his neck with her slender arms.

Out of instinct, Tao raises his hands to either side of her waist. She grins wider.

Her stomach presses against his as she leans back slightly, cupping one of his cheeks with her warm palm. Tao catches her by the wrist and pulls her hand away.

“Are you drunk?”

Victoria almost laughs aloud. “When aren’t I?”

He couldn’t agree with her more. They stare into each other’s eyes, the cool breeze blowing through her hair. The long strands slide against his arms and tickle him, but he doesn’t move.

Everything was so perfect in that one moment that it was surreal, and Tao wanted to sigh against her lips.

“What are you doing here?” He asks again, eyes firm but voice wavering against his will.

Victoria leans up and presses a kiss against his lips—fast, dry, painless. “Looking for something I lost here.”

He frowns, squeezing the hand of hers that he’s still holding, and pulls her closer. “What would that be?”

When her lips quirk into an odd smile, Tao feels the pace of his heart accelerating at an impossible speed. He wants to push her against a wall and kiss her until she suffocates; he wants to pin her against a table and explore every inch of her body; he wants to love her, until they both numb at the very thought of being in love.

“What is it?” Tao presses, and he leans forward until their noses are centimeters apart.

Victoria smirks and his breath hitches. The next thing he knows, he’s pushed into the water, soaked from head to toe.

The glass of wine is toppled over with him, the red liquid seeping into the cracks of the ground.

“WHAT—“

His sight is blurred by the water that attacks him when Victoria jumps in with him. She pushes him back until his spine is against the pool wall, water dripping from their hair. Their clothes are slick against their skin, hugging their body.

She’s whispering against his ear, breath warm and inviting. He can feel her hands snaking down his arm, resting just over his chest. Her words make his heartbeat stop altogether.

“You.”
 

~~~~~


A/N: Tao and Victoria are the iest pairing alive, okay? Can't not ship. Short drabble because I am incoherent. Comment, please? ^____________^