THIRTEEN

When The Fever Starts

                We all took turns driving down to Busan. Once I was in the driver’s seat, Kai and Sehun both fell asleep in the back seat. Luhan and I sat up front and talked for a bit. I recounted the events that had led up to the zombies finding me in the woods and although he seemed angry, I could tell he was more relieved than anything.

                “I thought you got…” his voice trailed off as he reached out and grabbed onto my hand that wasn’t on the steering wheel.

                “I’m not bitten.” I said quietly.

                “I have no idea what I would do if you were.” He mumbled.

                “You would kill me.” I said quickly.

                “No, I wouldn’t.” he replied instantly. I shook my head.

                “You would.” I argued. “Because if any of the other guys did it, I would never forgive you for putting them through that. It would ruin them.”

                He stayed silent for a few minutes. “What about me? What it would do to me?”

                I didn’t have an answer so he continued. “You think I would be okay with having to shoot you? You don’t think that would destroy me?” His voice was getting louder with each word. I didn’t realize just how upset he’d get. I squeezed his hand and nodded.

                “Okay.” I said quietly, because there was nothing else that could be said.

                Luhan pulled his hand away rather suddenly and turned to glare out the window. “You can’t just say that and think I’d be okay with it.”

                “I’m sorry.” I said, trying my best to not get angry either. How complicated did he have to be? It was either put me out of the misery or let me become a zombie. I’d do the same for him if he asked me to.

                Then again, as I thought of that, I felt my eyes begin to water up. The thought of having to kill Luhan practically killed me.

                “I really am sorry I said anything.” I whispered, but Luhan didn’t respond so we spent the rest of the car ride in silence.

 

 

                We found a half-torn down hotel that was empty of any zombies. We checked every room then made sure to lock all entrances once we had all got in. Then we blocked all the doors with furniture except the front one, just in case. We all went to separate rooms on the second floor to go to sleep, but I felt like I wasn’t going to get any sleep until I talked to Luhan. He’d gone down the hall to another room, which meant he wasn’t in the mood to talk, so I was left with no options.

                After using one of the water bottles to rinse out my hair in the sink in the bathroom, I stood in front of the mirror and started brushing out all of the knots. The door opened, and Luhan came in. Without a word, he turned me around, backed us both into the wall and kissed me. It wasn’t a long kiss, but it was definitely meaningful.

                We stayed like that for a while, just staring at each other before he turned and walked over to the bed. He sat down and ran his hand through his hair.

                “Don’t say anything like that again, you have no idea how much it killed me to hear how okay you were about that.” He mumbled, staring at the carpet. I went over and sat beside him, hugging him tightly.

                “I’m not okay, but we don’t know what will happen anymore. I mean, think about Jayu and Shihoon—“

                “I’d do that.” Luhan said suddenly. He straightened up and looked into my eyes.

                “Do what?” I asked.

                “Stay with you.” He nodded, suddenly sounding determined. I studied his face for a second, speechless. I wanted to protest and argue and fight with him, but how far would that get me when his mind was already made up?

                “Okay.” I whispered, nodding and leaning closer to him. “Stay with me, then.”

 

 

                I woke up to a knock on the door. When I opened my eyes, I noticed that Luhan was still asleep, his arm wrapped around my waist. I gently moved it and got up to open the door.

                “You seen Luhan lately?” Suho asked, fighting back the urge to laugh.

                I let out a sigh. “He’s in here.”

                Suho nodded. “I thought so, just wanted to check and make sure he wasn’t doing something stupid.”

                “Don’t tell the guys.” I whispered. I was getting tired of their teasing.

                Suho smirked and shook his head. “They already guessed, I just wanted to check.”

                “Of course.”

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

short update for now :) i'm home alone for a few hours since my parents went over to friends house for "count the cost" which is like what our church does before someone gets baptized. just like a talk with her parents so she can get through some issues she may have with them and stuff. it sounds scary but i did it last year and it's not that bad :)

soooooo this morning, i thought i'd be able to sleep in after a long week of midterm exams and studying, but our puppy had another idea -_-

she opened my CLOSED door and jumped on my bed and sat on me until i woke up. she's a 90 pound rottweiler, so she's pretty heavy. haha but i love her ^^

well, later i might update but that probably won't be until late at night, because we're going over to my best friend brandon's house to watch the walking dead and play card games and eat and just hang out.

our families are pretty close :D

i'm not joking when i say my sister and mom ship me and brandon together...it's kinda awkward haha

ok this is long...well anyway!

enjoy :)