The Old Tree

Someday

 

A year. Jessica thought as she glanced at the snowy field. Nostalgia crept to her, like the icy flakes dancing on the grass.

 

“Jessica.” Her eyes moved away from the field and to her girlfriend. She smiled a bit and opened her arms, welcoming the shorter girl into her embrace.

 

“What are you thinking about?”

 

Jessica nuzzled her hair, inhaling the sweet scent of home.  “Nothing.” She murmured.

 

“I don’t like lying Sica.”

 

Jessica pouted with Sunny’s stern voice. She doesn’t like the pressure the girl gives.

 

“I was thinking…that…maybe, we can, you know, go home?”

 

A moment of silence engulfed them; Jessica tightened her hug on Sunny’s frame. Worried, yeah, she was worried.

 

“Sure.” Sunny pulled away and went inside the bathroom, leaving poor Jessica confused and dazed.

 

#

 

“Talk to me.” Sunny rolled her eyes on the childish behavior of the Jung Sooyeon. She passed by the pouting face, and grabbed more clothes.

 

“PWEEEAASSEEEEE?” Jessica was now desperate. One night without talking to her Bunny was torture and silent treatment was not helping.

 

“I’m busy.” Sunny said sternly.

 

“You’re not even telling me why you’re packing!” Jessica retaliated.

 

“You told me you wanted to go home right? I said ‘Sure’ so why are you acting like a baby?”

 

Jessica sighed and grabbed the packing hands of Lee Soonkyu. “Cause I have a feeling you’re not packing to go home with me.”

 

Sunny pulled her hands away and zipped the luggage close. “You’re right, I’m not.”

 

“But wh–“

 

“You need to this alone Jessica. You need to face your fear alone. For once, I’d like to sleep next to you without hearing the word ‘Tiffany’.” With that final statement, Sunny walked to the door with her luggage –and Jessica, in pursuit.

 

“Sunny I–“

 

Sunny stopped by the door and turned to face Jessica. “I’ll see you next month.”

 

Jessica flinched when the door slammed shut. She didn’t bother to run and talk to Sunny, when the girl was mad it was hard to convince her with anything.

 

She said I only snore when I sleep.

 

#

 

Ladies and Gentlemen, we will be arriving at South Korea within 20 minutes, thank you for choosing Korean Air (is this true?).”

 

Jessica sighed heavily. She called Sooyoung last night to pick her up from the airport. Knowing the girl, she’s probably told the entire nation.

 

We are now arriving at Incheon International Airport, enjoy your stay.

 

#

 

“JESSICAAAA!!! HEEREEEEE!!!!!!” the whole airport turned to loud girl.

 

“Who’s that?”

 

“Did anyone teach her manners?”

 

Jessica face palmed herself and apologized to the crowd. She ran/walked to the loud annoying shikshin but smiled anyways.

 

“Hey Soo.”

 

“JESHIKAAAA” she got a big hug from the giant.

 

“Ssup shikshin?”

 

Sooyoung grinned and grabbed the bags from Jessica’s hands. “Where’s Sunny?”

 

Jessica frowned and walked ahead. “She decided not to come with me.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I have…issues.”

 

Sooyoung laughed and received a punch from Jessica. “Issues, yeah. Moving on issues.”

 

#

 

Tiffany spitted her drink onto Yoona’s face. “JESSI’S BACK?!”

 

Yoona grabbed tissues and wiped her face clean. “Yes unnie, she’s back.”

 

“I-I need to go and see her, she –we need to catch up and–“ Tiffany stood up but Yoona grabbed her hand.

 

“Unnie, please…don’t hurt again.”

 

Tiffany felt guilty, like she has for the past 365 days. “I won’t Yoong.”

 

Yoona nodded and gave a small smile. Tiffany ran out with a big smile plastered on her face. She’s going to see her Jessi again.

 

Yoona looked at her untouched coffee. Here comes drama.

 

#

 

“Seoul has changed huh?” Jessica said, walking down the busy side walk.

 

“It has.” Tiffany answered.

 

They both agreed to meet each other and catch up. The past relationship they had that turned sour is slowly healing…or is it?

 

“So, what have you been up to?”

 

Tiffany laughed at the attempted conversation of her best friend. “The States has changed you, huh Jessi?”

 

Jessica sulked. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

 

Tiffany giggled again. “You never try to start a conversation. Even before.”

 

‘Before.’ A word used to substitute ‘Break up’ or ‘Our old relationship.’ A word used to shield a broken heart. A word Jessica and Tiffany often used.

 

“Uh, yeah, I guess. Sunny told me to be more sociable. I need it for my job.”

 

Tiffany felt a slight pinch in her heart when Sunny’s name was mentioned. She HAS moved on, right?

 

“Your job? You never told me what it was.”

 

“Oh, it’s a photographer. Sunny said I need to smile more to attract customers.”

 

“Your smile really does wonders to people.” Jessica coughed uncomfortably and Tiffany lowered her head. That statement really was something.

 

“Uh, thanks.” Tiffany gave a small smile and they continued to walk.

 

#

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow?” Jessica nodded. She dropped Tiffany off her shared house and turned around to go back to the hotel.

 

“Jessi?”

 

“Yeah?” she answered without looking at the girl.

 

“I had fun today.”

 

Jessica smiled and nodded her head. “Me too.” She walked towards the gate and as soon as the steel door creaked open, the wooden door slammed shut.

 

#

 

“So Taeyeon’s out of the country?” they met at their old favorite restaurant, one that holds many of their favorite memories.

 

“Yeah…Business stuff.”

 

Jessica mouth made a silent ‘aah’ and stared at Tiffany. It’s been three weeks and memories are engraving themselves into her mind. She has to admit, the month has been heaven but why did she come here again? Oh right, to try and forget about the girl in front of her. To try and be faithful to the only girl who has been there for her, to try and replace the broken heart, to try and make a new one. To try and start a new, but why…why does everything seem so hard?

 

“Jessi?”

 

Jessica snapped out of her trance and smiled at the younger. “Yeah?”

 

“You were staring.”

 

Jessica laughed nervously. “Yeah, I was thinking about something.”

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

#

 

“Today’s your last day unnie.”

 

Jessica ruffled Yoona’s hair while she packed her bags. “Yeah…”

 

“Did you tell Tiffany-unnie?”

 

“Yeah…”

 

“What’d she say?”

 

“We’ll meet under the tree.”

 

“Aaah. There”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“I guess that makes sense.”

 

Jessica stopped her packing and looked at her dongsaeng. “What does?”

 

Yoona gave a slight sympathetic smile at her slow unnie. “It’s where you started your life with her, and now, it’s where it’ll end.”

 

#

 

“Hey Jessi.” Tiffany appeared behind the tree. Jessica smiled at her and sat down by the big root.

 

Tiffany sat beside her and held her hand. “You’re leaving huh?”

 

Jessica gave a small chuckle. “Sunny only gave me a month.”

 

Tiffany laughed as well. A painful one. “I’m sorry Jessi.”

 

“For what?” Jessica asked as they stare into the sunset.

 

“For breaking your heart.”

 

“Naah. I’ll get over it.”

 

A laugh.

 

“It’s my fault we’re like this.”

 

Jessica stared at her sad face.

 

“It’s my fault you need to go. It’s my fault our dream of starting a family died. It’s my fault everything has to end.”

 

Tiffany turned her body and looked at Jessica straight in the eye. “Jessi, I know why you’re here. I know you want to forget me. I know that this is the last time I’ll ever see you again. I know that this is the last time I’ll hold your hand, so Jessi, for the last time, I want to hear that you still love me, or that you did love me.”

 

“Tiffany Hwang, you’re right. This is your fault. It’s your fault everything turned out this way, it’s your fault we both have to suffer, but seeing you happy, or making you happy is what I’ve always wanted, so Tiff, don’t blame yourself. We need to move on right?”

 

A nod.

 

“I love you Tiff, I always have, but now, you’re my best friend again. Nothing more, nothing less.”

 

“I love you too Jessi.”

 

#

 

“BYE UNNIIIEEEE!!!!”

 

Jessica laughed and waved goodbye to her friends. She scanned the area and saw a red head waving from afar. Tears accumulated her face and Jessica was afraid hers might be too. She gave the girl a simple smile and waved good bye.

 

As her footsteps became increasing heavy, her mind wandered to what Yoona said. She was right. The tree was the start of their friendship and love; it was now the finish line of their pain.

 

 

“Hi, I’m Tiffany!”

 

“Hey.”

 

“What’s your name?”

 

“I’m Jessica.”

 

“Cool! Let’s be friends!”

 

“No.”

 

“WHHHYYY?”

 

A smile.

 

“Let’s be best friends.”

 

An eye-smile.

 

“SURE!”

 

Love.

 

 


Alas. The awaited Sequel. It took too long? Yes. I'm sorry. I have Pre-Calculus this semester and it needs my entire attention so there probably wont be much Fics coming from me. I like the ending very much don't you think?

And please tell me whether my writing got better or worse cause I'm also taking a Creative Writing class. Lol. I want to know whether or not I'm making progress. 

 

I'M FREAKING EXCITED FOR SHINee's COMEBACK! I SERIOUSLY THINK JESSICA WILL BE THERE! AND YES! ANOTHER JETI SHOT! Lol. I love B.A.P's comeback too... THEY'RE AMAZING!

 

BTW, this is dedicated to Naughty_Girl unnie. She's been so nice. Lol. 

 

OH AND IS ANYONE WILLING TO BE MY BETA? LOL. PLEASE TELL ME! THANKS! SOOOOOO.... SEE YOU NEXT TIME? PLEASE SUPPORT MY UPCOMING STORY!