Someday / Post-it-notes

Someday

 

Jessica skimmed through a few pages from a picture album. She smiled, laughed, and even shed a few tears as she saw the pictures.

 

“Sica”

 

She turned her head away from the album and saw her best friend –Sunny – standing near her door. She didn’t even hear it open.

 

“Yeah?” she saw Sunny’s hand reaching out to give her something; an envelope.

 

Jessica reached out for it and opened the brown paper. A small frown appeared on her face. “That fast huh?”

 

“She’s serious about this Jessica.”

 

A moment of silence.

 

“Jessica you have to move on!”

 

“I will…someday”

 

#

 

“W-what?”

 

“I’m-I’m sorry Jessi…we…I can’t do this”

 

Jessica backed away from the girl she used to call her girlfriend. Shaking her head from side to side, she tried to let those words leave her mind, but no, it kept echoing, like a cave with a never ending path.

 

“W-why?” her sobs choked her but she didn’t care. It was better if she died anyways.

 

“Cause-“

 

“Jessica.” She opened her eyes to meet a friend.

“Hey Soo.” She was obviously uninterested. She sat at the end corner of a café she came to love. She met Tiffany here, a bittersweet memory.

 

“You’re eyes…they’re bloodshot red.”

 

Jessica rubbed her eyes. “Yeah, I slept late.”

 

Sooyoung obviously knew the lie but gave up. “Do you want coffee?”

 

“Nah. I’m good.” She gave Sooyoung a simple smile.

 

“Tiffany’s an idiot Jessica. Don’t mop around like a dead person and move on.” Sooyoung stood and gave Jessica a piece of ‘Post-it-notes.’

 

Jessica sighed. She is moving on, it’s just taking time. She plucked the post-it-note from the table and read the line.

 

Someday you're gonna realize
One day you'll see this through my eyes
By then I won't even be there
I'll be happy somewhere even if I cared

#

 

“Jessi let’s buy this!” Jessica glanced at the price and hung open.

 

“Tiff, its more than $200 that’s like 3 months of my salary” a pout was the only thing she received.

 

“Fine” Tiffany cheered and grabbed the bag. She proceeded to the cashier area and Jessica stayed back. She opened her wallet and sighed. “There goes my grocery.”

 

*

 

Jessica walked through the corridor of their school. She glanced at the few cheerleaders left, ‘Late Practice’ she thought. She stopped by Tiffany’s locker, she missed the girl badly yet it seems as if they can’t stay together for too long.

 

“Wow Tiffany! Is that the newest Prada bag?” she heard a voice just a few meters from her. Jessica hid behind a think column, thick enough to hide her. She recognized the girl and recognized which bag she was exclaiming.

 

“Mhmm” the other girl proclaimed proudly. Tiffany twisted her body to show off the more-than-$200 bag.

 

“Jessica bought it?” Tiffany nodded. “You should really stop doing that you know.”

 

Tiffany furrowed her brows. “Doing what?”

 

“Free loading off of Jessica, she’s gonna get tired of this and YOU’LL end up crying.”

 

Tiffany scoffed, taking the statement as if it was a joke. “Jessi won’t ever leave me. She loves me.”

 

The two left after that sentence while Jessica slumped down on the floor, spreading forward her legs and staring into the setting sun.

 

“Free loading…”

 

Jessica remembered that painful past as she watched the sun set once again. In her hands was a small piece of paper, another post-it-note given by Hyoyeon this time –it may have been a thing for the Hyoyeon and Sooyoung to hand out post-it-notes –and read the last two lines over and over again.

 

“When will I move on?”

 

I know you don't really see my worth
You think you're the last guy on earth
Well I've got news for you
I know that I'm not that strong
But it won't take long, won't take long

 

#

 

Yuri looked at the unmoving body of Jessica Jung; she looked at the watch and sighed. ‘3 hours.’

 

“Hey Sica” the said girl looked up from the table. “Uhm, we should get going now before –“

 

“I wanna see her”

 

“Sica-“

 

“Just for closure.” Yuri slumped back at the restaurant’s soft chair and scanned the room.

 

‘Where the heck are you?’

 

As if on cue, a beautiful woman stepped out of a private room. She wore an elegant pink casual dress that matched her, by her side was another lady, shorter, but was as beautiful.

 

Yuri looked at her friend. Jessica had empty soulless eyes that if you look hard enough, you couldn’t see anything but darkness. Her eyes followed the every move of the lady in pink, her eyes frowning at the sight of the entwined hands.

 

With a sigh she lifted herself up and walked towards the back door. Yuri ran after her.

 

“Hey why’d you–“

 

“Already had my closure.” They both walked on silence until they reached Yuri’s car.

 

“Hey Sica, you know there’s someone out there, someone who’s gonna love you the way you wanted Tiffany to love you. Someday someone’s gonna take her place, and she’ll be nothing but a bittersweet memory, and who knows, you might not even miss her.”

 

Jessica smiled and laughed a bit. Yuri grinned when she saw that captivating smile. “You’re gonna get sued for plagiarism if you don’t quote that.”

 

They both laughed at it and drove away. Inside Jessica’s coat pocket laid a post-it-note containing the words Yuri just said.


 

Cause, someday someone's gonna love me
The way I wanted you to need me
Someday someone's gonna take your place
One day I'll forget about you
You'll see I won't even miss you
Someday, someday

 

#

 

Jessica wondered why Yoona called her. Sure there were numerous calls ever since the breakup but this call was unusual. For one, Yoona didn’t answer when she said “Hello” but the line was still on. She heard shuffling and ruffling on the other side and when she decided to turn it off a voice broke the silence.

 

“Hey Yoong.” Jessica almost dropped the phone. That voice, the oh so sweet melodious voice of Tiffany Hwang. Why is she on the phone?

 

“Hey unnie.” That was Yoona now. What the heck is happening?

 

“Do…do you have any news on Jessica?” Jessica sat down on the bench near the lake. It was frozen, like her heart but it warmed up when Tiffany asked about her.

 

“Yeah...Jessica-unnie and Yuri-unnie went out for dinner last night.”

 

“Oh…did she say anything about…you know my–“

 

“We don’t know unnie. Not even Sunny-unnie or Sooyoung-unnie knows.” Jessica stifled a laugh. Yoona cut Tiffany off before she could say the–

 

“Oh.”

 

“Unnie…you do know there’s a big probability she won’t.”

 

“But she seems okay now. I mean like you said she went out to dinner with–“

 

“You’ve been with Jessica-unnie for almost 5 years unnie…I think you of all people should know how good she is in hiding her emotions.”

 

“I know that Yoong…it’s just, I want her to be there.” Jessica heard Yoona sigh. Everyone knew how stubborn Tiffany is.

 

“You broke her heart unnie. If I was in her position, I wouldn’t go either.”

 

“I…I understand Yoong.” Jessica knew Yoona stood up when she heard a chair’s squeak.

 

“I know Jessica-unnie isn’t doing well but one day, her tears will run dry. She’ll get over this and move on. Someday...I know she will.”

 

The bells on a shop ringed and Jessica listened to the heavy breathing of Yoona. She realized Yoona was waiting for her response and that the younger was probably freezing outside.

 

“You and your girlfriend will be in jail soon. You plagiarize things too much.” Yoona laughed her alligator laugh and Jessica knew her worries are flying soon.

 

“That was a good idea right unnie?”

 

Jessica let out a laugh. “Yeah, it was.”

 

They bid their goodbyes and Jessica hung up. She felt a tiny piece of ice on her hand and looked up at the sky. It was snowing. This could’ve been their 5th year of snow together.

 

She felt the temperature drop and grabbed her gloves from her pocket. When her hand slid inside the material, she felt a piece of paper. She chuckled and what it was.

 

Right now I know you can't tell
I'm down and I'm not doing well
But one day these tears, they will all run dry
I won't have to cry sweet goodbye

#

 

Jessica walked aimlessly around her old house. She picked up a few decorations, papers, and photos. She walked past an envelope. She knew what it was.

 

She picked it up and read the cover page.

 

The Kim-Hwang wedding.

 

Her heart hurts every single time that sentence crosses her mind. She opened the card and read the rest of the line.

 

You are invited to the Kim-Hwang wedding ceremony on the 17th of January 2013. This will be held on the biggest church of South Korea. We hope you’ll come and be a witness of their love.

 

Love? They don’t understand the meaning of love.

 

“W-what?”

 

“I’m-I’m sorry Jessi…we…I can’t do this”

 

Jessica backed away from the girl she used to call her girlfriend. Shaking her head from side to side, she tried to let those words leave her mind, but no, it kept echoing, like a cave with a never ending path.

 

“W-why?” her sobs choked her but she didn’t care. It was better if she died anyways.

 

“Cause Jessi, I fell in love someone else.” Jessica scoffed.

 

“When?”

“NO! –“ Tiffany cried knowing what Jessica implemented. “ –I never cheated on you Jessi.”

 

 

“Then why? Why are you leaving me? After 5 years?! WHY DIDN’T YOU LEAVE ME BEFORE I FELL SICKENGLY IN LOVE WITH YOU?!” Tiffany cringed. Jessica has never shouted at her. Never.

 

“Jessi…I’m sorry.” Tiffany went forward to hold Jessica but the latter moved back.

 

“D-don’t touch me.” Jessica’s voice cracked. Rain suddenly fell from the sky. How ironic.

 

“Jessi please.” Tiffany went forward again, only to receive the same response.

 

“STAY AWAY FROM ME!” Jessica finally blew. She cried and so did Tiffany. 5 years…all gone to waste.

 

“I really did love you Jessi. I really did.” Jessica turned around and sighed. She tried to recollect her thoughts.

 

“Just go Tiffany. She’s probably waiting for you.” Jessica noticed the white car when Tiffany arrived. She noticed the driver too.

 

“Jessi…”

 

“JUST F***ING LEAVE!” Jessica never cursed. Not even by accident. Tiffany knows that.

 

With a heavy heart and blurry eyes she began to walk away. She looked back at the back Jessica Jung drenched in rain. Was this the right decision?

 

She dropped the invitation on the recycle bin, something she should have done that a long time ago. She heard a honking sound outside her home and grabbed her bags. She looked back one last time and walked outside.

 

#

 

Sunny kept looking at Jessica’s face. All she can see is that the girl finally gained weight. Maybe Jessica was moving on.

 

“What?”

 

Sunny shrugged at concentrated on the road. She felt Jessica’s fingers on her free hand. She looked over and saw the girl grinning.

 

“Are you sure about this Jessica?” she felt the girl’s fingers grip tighter around her hand, almost comforting.

 

“Will you be there for me?”

 

“Of course.”

 

Jessica smiled reassuringly at her. “Then I’ll be fine.”

 

#

 

 

“Do you accept Ms. Kim Taeyeon as your wife and be faithful to her in sickness and in heath…” Jessica zoned out after that. Sunny and her were standing outside the church the wedding was held. In her hands, she held an envelope. Sure it should contain the outmost rage in her heart, but she made it simple.

 

“I do.”

 

“You may now kiss the bride.” Jessica closed her eyes, letting the pain surged into her heart once more. ‘This is the last.’

 

“Sica-ah, they’re coming out.” On cue, Tiffany and Taeyeon came out along with all the guests. Surprisingly, the other 5 were there as well.

 

Tiffany stopped abruptly, so did the rest of the gang.

 

“Congratulations.”

 

“J-jessi.” She gave her a smile and asked if she could talk to her alone.

 

They walked a few meters away from the crowd and Jessica turned to Tiffany.

 

“You…you came.”

 

Jessica scratched the back of her neck and smiled awkwardly. “Uh, yeah… I actually came to give you something.” Jessica handed her the envelope.

 

“What’s this?” Tiffany asked looking at the brown paper.

 

“It’s a goodbye thing.”

 

Tiffany looked up from the envelope, “What? Goodbye?”

 

Jessica felt awkward again. “Hehe. Yeah. Sunny and I decided to, you know, move on.”

 

“By moving?!” Tiffany nearly screamed. She still wanted Jessica, she wanted her best friend.

 

“You have to understand Tiffany. I want to move on. I want to be happy like you are.”

 

Tiffany rushed forward and surprised Jessica with a hug. She heard Jessica sigh but hugged her back anyways.

 

“Understand this Tiff, someday someone’s gonna love me. The way I wanted you to need me, someday someone’s gonna take your place. One day I’ll forget about you, you’ll see I won’t even miss you, ‘cause someday I know someone’s gonna be there. I have to move on Tiff.”

 

“Will you come back?” Tiffany asked when Jessica pulled away. She watched as Jessica looked back and saw Sunny’s comforting smile.

 

“Probably.”

 

“I’ll miss you.”

 

“Me too.” Jessica gave her one last smile before turning back and walking to the crowd.

 

“I love you Jessi…and I’m sorry.” Jessica said nothing but nodded.

 

Tiffany watched as Jessica held Sunny’s hand as the walk away from everybody, their past, their pain, probably even their loved ones. She had to admit…the scene was painful. She clutched her heart. It was beating as painful as it did when Jessica told her to go and leave her, but this pain would probably be the last.

 

Tiffany opened the envelope and grabbed the card from the inside. She opened it and saw a simple blue post-it-note. Her tears finally left her eyes and dropped to her face. She would probably regret a lot of things in her life, but this would be on her number one list.

 

“I love you Jessi…”

 

Someday someone's gonna love me
The way I wanted you to need me
Someday someone's gonna take your place
One day I'll forget about you
You'll see I won't even miss you
Someday, someday


Not my best work T.T Thank you for subscribing and waiting for it. HAHAHA. It took toooooo loooong to finish. Well because of my exams and such.

 

I decided to finish this today because my I Got A Boy CD hasn't arrived yet. but the posters here TT.TT my heart...it hurts *tears*

Also because of the FREAKING TAENY MOMENTS! I mean seriously?! I thought 2013 was an Ace year...My OTP's slowly chaning to SunSica. TaeNy has more than enough moments SM, thank you very much.

Well, SUPPORT MY UPCOMING CHAPTERED STORY! Yes. It's angst. Lol. It will have a good ending..I think.

Anywaaays. If I recieve enough comments here, I'll probably make an aftermath of the story. What do you guys think?? Hehehe

AYO! GG!