Present

Not Again!

 

"Joon!” Mir shook the boy, attempting to wake him up. “JOON!” he screamed when he had no other choice. “Wake up!”

Joon barely opened one eye to look at the person who was bothering him.

“What do you want?” he muttered as he the other side.

“Didn’t you say that you wanted to prepare a surprise for your girlfriend’s birthday?”

“Yeah, I will but let me sleep 5 more minutes.”

Mir shook his head. “It’s already 9:30 pm. When are you going to surprise her? At midnight?”

It took Joon a few seconds to realize what his friend had just told him.

“9:30?!” he shot up from the bed. Now he wasn’t sleepy anymore. Damn, he was now wide-awake. He searched for his phone to check the time, just in case his band member had decided to prank him. This time, Mir was telling the truth. “Why haven’t you woke me up earlier?!”

“I thought you set your alarm to ring or something but seeing that you were still asleep, I realized I was wrong.”

"Not again!" Joon groaned. "It's impossible for me to do a thing right for her."

Joon ruffled his hair in frustration. Without losing another second, he changed his clothes, took his jacket and ran out the door. All the way to the jewelry store he kept cursing under his breath, complaining about his short memory. He should have bought the present some time sooner but his busy schedule and laziness prevented him from doing so. Now, he only hoped that maybe the store wasn’t closed. Who was he fooling? Of course it was. After all, nobody goes there to buy jewelries at night, a few days after the New Year. People would try and recover from the sleepless night.

 

CLOSED

That was the sign that hung on the store’s door.

What was he supposed to do now? Not only that he had no present but he also hadn’t sent a message to you yet. If he would send you one now and buy the present the next day how bad would it be? He had been busy after all and he barely slept a few hours a while ago…

But he couldn’t do that. He knew your parents wouldn’t be at home due to their job’s schedule. You would be all alone. He couldn’t let that happen either. He preferred risking and going there empty-handed…well, maybe not really empty-handed.

Joon’s eyes landed on a bakery where a really nice cake was sitting on the shelf, waiting to be bought. With a bit of luck, he would manage to improvise something and bring it you as a present.

 

Sighing, you sat near the window. It was the worst birthday ever. Your parents weren’t at home as usual, your friends were busy or tired…your boyfriend didn’t show any sign either. You looked at the screen of your phone one last time.

Nothing.

No message, no call – nothing.

“He is busy. We couldn’t even meet for the last month…it’s understandable.” You tried to convince yourself but it wasn’t working. Even if he was busy, couldn’t he at least call?

Another sigh left your lips as you put your forehead on the cold glass.

“He has forgotten.” You whispered, smiling bitterly.

Joon wasn’t bad at all. He was sweet and always happy. It made you feel better whenever you met him but he had some bad points as well. He forgot things easily and the most important thing, he was an idol which meant no time to spend with you. At the beginning of the relationship it didn’t hurt that much to not see him frequently but now it was a different story. You loved him to the point where you wanted to be beside him every single minute of the day.

Your heartbeat increased drastically when you heard the doorbell ringing. You were praying it was Joon. Without him, you wouldn’t be able to remember your 18th anniversary as a happy one.

With shaky hands, you opened the door only to be greeted by a bouquet of roses and a big box standing on the mat. There was also a note. The present was from your parents.

It was nice but you couldn’t help but feel disappointed. It would have been way better if it was Joon.

 

10:30

The clock showed.

“That’s it! He’s not coming! Stop hoping!” you scolding yourself. Tears were already threatening to form in your eyes.

Am I not important enough for him to remember? IS that 6 six years difference bothering him that much?

Your kept wondering. Your train of thoughts was interrupted by the doorbell which was ringing once again. This time, you went to the door and angrily opened it. You were already not expecting to see him anymore but there he was, standing right in front of you. Not saying a single word, you opened the door wider so he could get in.

“Happy birthday!” he said uneasy. He couldn’t understand what he was supposed to do now. Your expression was unreadable.

“So you decided to show up in the end?” you snapped at him. The tears you tried so hard to hold back were almost on the verge of falling down.

Joon panicked. He let down the cake he has bought and pulled you in a tight hug.

“S-Sorry.” He stuttered as he patted your back.

“I thought you forgot.” You cried loudly in his chest.

“How can I forget? It’s just that I kinda fell asleep…” he admitted. “Sorry.”

A soft giggle echoed through the room. How could you be angry on him when he was this honest?

“Fool.”

“I also had a hard time because of the present…the shop was closed when I woke up so I ended up not being able to buy anything but the cake.” Joon added.

You looked up and him and smiled. “I just wanted you.”

“That’s why I am you present.” Joon smiled while showing the red bow he had tied around his neck.

You burst out into laughing. He had done it again. He managed to make you smile even when your moral was down.

“But I wasn’t joking.” Joon smirked. He put his hand behind your knees and pulled you up in his hands. “I really meant it when I said I was your present.”

Joon carried you to your room and put you on the bed. No had no moment left for complaining. He silenced you by crashing his lips on yours. You hugged him tightly against your body. At some moment, you felt something tickling you.

“What?” you looked down.

“Ah, I forgot!” Joon smiled sheepishly as he opened his jacket and took out a cute little kitten with a red bow around his neck as well. “This is for you as well.” He handed you the kitty. “My cat gave birth some him and some other kittens a while ago. This Joon Jr will be the one to make you feel less lonely.”

“Joon Jr?” you asked, laughing.

“Whenever you miss me, you can hug him while thinking of me.”

“Then I don’t need you anymore.”

Joon pouted cutely. “Then I’m taking him back.” 

 

 

~~~~~~

Sorry if there are any mistakes...I am way too sleepy to correct them :) Maybe tomorrow :)

Also I can't believe I wrote such a happy fluffy greasy stuf!!! It's scarrying me!