Love is Equivalent to Death

Love is Equivalent to Death

A/N: This kind of a long oneshot... SO BEWARE. It's actually about 7k words.

This story is also on my LiveJournal profile here: Love is Equivalent to Death

I do not own any off the members, just the plot. Enjoy~


 

"Kim Jongin. Kim Jongin, you must now report to the shuttle station. I repeat: Kim Jongin, report to the shuttle station. Over" 
  
Jongin reached for his communication device and pressed and held the red button on its side.  
  
"Affirmative. I'll be there as soon as possible. Over," he said into it. He put it back into its pouch on his slender waist and sighed.  
  
Jongin quickly blinked away his tears. He turned back to the angelic face sleeping on the couch and leaned in to kiss those sweet, plump lips he loved. He pulled back reluctantly and let a tear fall from his eye and onto Kyungsoo's naturally pale cheek
  
"I'm so sorry, Kyungsoo," he whispered. "I'm so sorry to leave you like this... B-but this--," his voice cracked, "--is for the v-very best. I promised you that I'd always protect you no ma-matter what... I guess this is my last time pr--," another voice crack, "--protecting you... I love you, Do Kyungsoo. So much. Don't ever forget me... Goodbye..."  
  
Reluctantly, Jongin rose from his kneeling position and walked out the door. He wiped the fresh tears that fell from his dark chocolate orbs and let out a shaky sigh. Little did he know, Kyungsoo was awake.  
  
And he heard everything.  
  

 

Jongin stepped into the building as the automatic doors closed behind him. He noticed the many eyes on him, filled with sadness and sympathy. He understood why.  
  
"Kai!" a deep voice called his pen name. Jongin turned to the right to face Chanyeol, Kris, and Tao running towards him. He gave them a sad smile once they were infront of him.  
  
"Are you INSANE?!" Chanyeol yelled. "This is a ing SUICIDE MISSION! How could you do this to us?!"  
  
"Kai-ge," Tao interrupted. "Chan-ge is right. What are you thinking? This is so stupid!"  
  
Jongin sighed. "I have to do this, guys."  
  
"No, you don't," Kris said, his voice firm. "Are you ing kidding? How could you say that? You're going to go get yourself killed, and you're saying you HAVE to? Do you know how much pain we'd be in, then?! Are you really gonna put us through all this pain again?! Huh?! Are you that stupid?! Think about how we'll feel! THINK ABOUT HOW KYUNGSOO WILL FEEL!"  
  
Jongin's eyes narrowed at the mention of his lover's name. "Security, take them away," he yelled.  
  
"What?!" Chanyeol yelled as Jongin walked passed them. "Kai!"  
  
"Hey, off!" Tao demanded as the guards took hold of them.  
  
"Kim Jongin, get your back here!" Kris hollered as he began to get dragged away. Tao began to beat off the guards, but more came each time one fell. Chanyeol tried to use his powers, but collars were attached to their necks, forbidding them to use their abilities.  
  
"Get the off of me!" Chanyeol yelled.  
  
"Kai! Kai!" the said boy heard Kris call. "Kai! Jongin, wait! Stop!" But Jongin left before he could hear anymore.  
  
He walked in the launchpad control room and walked towards his deer-like and dimpled friend.  
  
"Hey, Luhan, Lay," he said lazily. "You ready..?"  
  
Luhan scoffed. "Did you really just ask that?" He turned to face Kai with an irritated expressions. "Do you really think I'll ever be in' ready to send one of my best friend's off into space to die? I've seen too many people die right now."  
  
Yixing placed a hand on Luhan's shoulder, calming the older down a bit. He gave Kai a sad and hurt expression, causing Kai to become even more guilty.  
  
"Let's get this over with..," Yixing said while turning back to the controls.  
  
Kai could only sigh and nod in response. He knew all of his friends were all broken inside. It was all the aliens' fault.  
 

 

Kai changed into his uniform for the job and walked bravely towards the elevator that connected to the shuttle launch room. He stopped in his tracks and sighed.  

  
"I'm so sorry, Kyungsoo... I love you..," he whispered, finally letting a single tear slip from his eye.  
  
"I love you, too, Jongin," said an extremely familiar voice from behind. Jongin widened his eyes and spun around, only to be met by a blunt object striking his left temple. The impact caused him to fall to the floor, a bit dazed.  
  
"I'm so sorry, Jongin..," he heard Kyungsoo say.  
  
Jongin laid down for a bit, head throbbing and room spinning. After a few seconds, he managed to slowly rise. He wobbled for a bit, but disregarded the pain and dizziness trying to overcome him when he saw Kyungsoo in the elevator.  
  
"N-no..," he rasped out, eyes widening and body trembling. He staggered towards the closing glass doors in attempt to pry them open and pull his lover out. He was so close to holding the doors open, but was still too late.  
  
"K-Kyungsoo!" he yelled. The said boy smiled sweetly and placed a small, pale hand on the glass. Jongin looked at the hand and back to the older's gorgeous, flawless face. A shaky hand made its way up and onto the glass, placing so that it was right on top of his lover's. Kyungsoo smiled more tenderly as his eyes lit up with love and loyalty.  
  
Those soft, plump lips began to move, mouthing the words Jongin loved to hear the most from him.  
  
"I..," he began. "I love you, too..."  
  

  
Jongin sprayed the window and used the cloth to wipe it clean. He used a circular motion to get all of the unwanted particles off. When he pulled away, a cute and lovely sight greeted him. Kyungsoo was bent over, tending the the daises and orchids, in the air for all to see. He grinned and lifted the window, resting his arms on the window pane with a goofy grin.  
  
"Nice ," he called out. Kyungsoo immediately shot up and spun around. His cheeks were tinted a pretty pink and his large orbs were bigger than usual. He scrambled to Jongin and shooed him away from the window cutely, closing the window after. The younger pouted which earned a muffled giggle from the doe-eyed boy due to the thick glass in between them. Jongin smiled lovingly and placed one of his tan hands on the glass.  
  
Kyungsoo blinked, confused, but then got it and placed one of his much smaller hands on top of the glass so that their hands were only separated by glass. He grinned at the cheesy, yet cute, act of affection.  
  
A long finger tapped the translucent screen, gaining the older's attention. Jongin mouthed three words. A blush overcame Kyungsoo's face once more as he smiled sheepishly.  
  
"I love you, too," he said, earning a victorious smile from his lover. "But you're so cheesy." Jongin pouted again and they shared a chorus of melodious laughs.  
   

 
Kyungsoo smiled; smiled a smile too forced to even be considered a smile. The elevator began to rise at the press of a button, taking Kyungsoo up with it.  
  
"N-no!" Jongin cried. "No, Kyungsoo! Stop! No! Come back, come back!" He begged and clawed at the glass. As the elevator got higher and higher, Jongin got more scared and anxious every second. He turned around and bolted to the control room.  
  
"Luhan!! Lay!!" he screamed when he busted through the doors. The two men snapped their heads towards the tan male.  
  
"What's wrong? Wait..," Yixing paused and looked at the screens. "Aren't you in the elevator?!"  
  
"No, it's..," he panted. "It's KYUNGSOO!" The others' hearts stopped for a second.  
  
"WHAT?!" Luhan yelled. "How'd h-he get in..."  
  
"Don't just stand there! DO SOMETHING!!" the youngest screamed. Yixing began to push buttons while Luhan switched on various things and turned knobs that Jongin had no clue about. The screens changed images to inside the elevator and the shuttle launch room. On some screens stood Kyungsoo. Jongin's heart broke in pieces when he saw the tears rolling down his soft cheeks. Those cheeks that he loved to kiss and squish together for laughs.  
  
But now he might not even get to touch Kyungsoo ever again.  
  
"Stop the ing elevator!" he shouted, disturbed by the thought.  
  
"I can't!" Yixing shouted back.  
  
The elevator halted and the large, transparent doors opened, allowing the petite male to exit. He made his up some steps and stopped right infront of the shuttle.  
  
"No, no, no," Jongin whispered.  
  
"..!" Luhan cussed under his breathe. ", Kyungsoo. The  are you doing..."  
  
The said boy took a deep breath to hold back his tears and slowly opened the panel. He shakily steeped inside and scanned the whole interior.  
  
"I guess it's a pretty nice coffin..," he mumbled.  
  
"Kyungsoo! Come in, Kyungsoo! Please!" a voice called. Kyungsoo looked around before grabbing the communication device in his pocket and placing it near his mouth. He pushed and held the red button.  
  
"Luhan..?" he said.  
  
"You ing ! What were you thinking?"  
  
The doe-eyed male sighed. "I'm... I'm so sorry, Lulu."  
  
"Don't you call me that! I can't believe you! Why the are you doing this?!"  
  
The younger closed the shuttle's panel door and sat down at the pilot's seat.  
  
"Do Kyungsoo, you bett--" Static was heard over the line, making Kyungsoo worried.   
  
"Kyungsoo!" a firm and familiar voice called out. Kyungsoo's heart cracked a bit as he heard his lover's distressed cry for him.  
  
"Kyungsoo! Get out of there, this instant! Please!!"   
  
The older fought back the insanely strong urge to burst out of the shuttle, speed to where Jongin was, and fly into his comforting, muscular arms; the ones that fit so perfectly around him. But that would be practically begging Jongin to go and kill himself instead.  
  
"I-I can't, Jonginnie..." he replied wearily. "You know I have to do this. For everyone; for the people; for our friends; for us."  
  
"No, Kyungsoo! I don't care! I won't let you do this! I won't let you die!"  
  
"What's the point? We're going to be separated anyways. I want to you to live on."  
  
Kyungsoo fastened in his seatbelt as he continued to listen to the younger's rant and protests. He began to operate the switches and finally pushed the engine, followed by the auto-pilot. A series of beeps went off signaling the take off soon.  
  
"And-- ... Kyungsoo..? Wh-what's that beeping? No... No! Turn it off! NOW!" A sob was heard, followed by another crack of Kyungsoo's delicate heart.  
  
"Don't cry, Jonginnie. Kyungie doesn't like it when you cry, remember?" The sobs became more quiet and choked.  
  
"Please, Kyungsoo. Just come back..." The voice sounded desperate and tired.  
  
"I'm so sorry, Jonginnie. I've caused you so much stress and pain. But I promise it'll all go away sooner or later. You're strong, I know."  
  
The shuttle finally began to move after fueling up completely. He hung onto the arm rests tightly and braced himself. There was no turning back now. He has come way too far to stop.  
  
"Luhan, hyung!" Jongin yelled. "Close the ing doors!"  
  
Luhan nodded and began to press some buttons. He nodded to Yixing after he finished and the said boy nodded back. Yixing punched a glass window, not caring about what to break it with since it was too late to look for one and he had the ability to heal faster, and pulled the lever in it. They all looked at the screen of the launch room and silently cheered and hoped that the doors would close in time.  
  
Kyungsoo looked ahead, only to find the large metal doors begin to close shut. He gasped sharply and frantically scanned the panels for something-- anything to get him into space. A red button that said 'BRIEF TURBO BOOST' under it caught his attention. He quickly slammed his sweaty palm onto the button. Suddenly, the spacecraft launched forward in full speed, causing Kyungsoo to be pressed against the backrest of his chair. He prayed in his head as he got closer to the exit that he'd make it out. Doubting that thought, he shut his eyes tightly and waiting for the impact. After a few moments of silence, the doe-eyed boy cracked his left eye opened. He opened both completely when he saw the huge galaxy. The shuttle slowed down and he let it just float into the universe, preparing mentally for his life's end.  
  
"I made it out..!" Kyungsoo breathed out. His face cracked a huge grin which made his eyes turn into crescents. The expression slowly faded as he turned his head to the right and saw the shuttle launch control room's interior from the window that took up most of the wall. There, stood Jongin with Luhan and Yixing. Kyungsoo's heart cried out when he saw the tears in their eyes. His heart then leaped a bit when Jongin's distraught and shaken gaze met his own. Kyungsoo didn't fail to catch the glimpse of happiness in his lover's eyes that was soon replaced with anxiety and utter sadness.  
 
  
Kyungsoo watched as the younger ran towards the large window and began to bang on it. His heart became heavy with guilt and sadness.  
  
Jongin grasped his communication device on his waist pouch and brought it to his mouth. He accidentally knocked his teeth with the cold metal and cussed under his breath but quickly recovered and pushed the red button.  
  
"K-Kyungsoo!"  
  
The said boy sighed. He reluctantly picked up his communication device and held the button. Taking a deep breath, he spoke.  
  
"Jongin-ah..."  
  
"Kyungsoo! What the ?!" the other side of the line became staticky for a moment from the loudness.  
 
  
"Jonginnie, I... I'm so sorry."  
  
"I don't care if you're sorry! Turn the shuttle around right now!!"  
  
"I can't, Jonginnie. This is for the best." Kyungsoo looked to his right to see that he could see all of his town as his lover ranted on. He spotted a few places packed with so many memories in all of the time that the duo had spent together. That time that Kyungsoo wished to be longer.  
  
"Hey, Jongin. I can see the café from here... You know, Bom's Café."  
  
Jongin's rants ceased. "... That... That's where we had our first date. The same day, w-we had our first kiss..."  
 

 
A melodic chime sounded throughout the café, matching perfectly with the soft chatter and clanking of dishes. Two pairs of feet walked in and sat at a random booth next to the window, where they could onlook the surprisingly calm city life. The two males relished in the warmth that came from the room. Their hands and faces tingled from the cold outside. Jongin shrugged off his jacketwith Kyungsoo following suit. The older male took off his fluffy scarf after, folding it neatly onto the cushioned booth. He looked up and stared at the fogged window, thinking. Then, he began to draw all over the window with his finger. Jongin smiled at the childish and cute action before a bubbly voice interrupted his state of awe.  
  
"Welcome to Bom's Café, sir~" the waitress said. "Would you like something to drink~?"  
 
Her voice made Jongin cringe, the squeakiness too obnoxious for hisears. She kept twirling a piece of her dyed blonde hair in a flirtatious manner, giving him the most cutest look she could muster. Too bad it only came out looking like a retarded squirrel to Jongin(and an ugly walrus to Kyungsoo, for jealousy began to taunt him). The thing that ticked him off most was that she was only talking to him. Kyungsoo sat there awkwardly, done with his artistic drawing. His gaze was downcast, obviously stating that he was uncomfortable. Jongin smirked.  
  
"Yes, I would, miss," he replied. "I'll have a coffee; black." He turned his gaze to Kyungsoo. "Babe."  
  
That had both Kyungsoo and the waitress looking at him in shock. "What drink do you want?" Jongin placed a tan hand on Kyungsoo's pale one, making the latter blush furiously.  
  
"H-hot chocolate..."  
  
Jongin nodded and looked up at the still shocked waitress. "You heard my baby. Now go get our drinks, please." The waitress huffed and left, humiliated and upset. Jongin smirked once more and brought his attention back to his date, smiling cheekily.  
  
"Wh-why did you do that?" Kyungsoo sputtered out.  
  
"Because she was flirting with me. And I don't like her. I like you."  
  
The last sentence had the blushing male's face turn a darker shade of red. Jongin chuckled in satisfaction and reached out to caress his date's rosy cheek.  
  
"You're so cute." He cooed. Kyungsoo immediately swatted away the 
hand and looking down again. The action made the younger laugh in 
amusement and made a mental note to tease his hyung more often. He 
adored the tint the other's cheeks turned when he was embarrassed 
or shy.  
  
Their drinks came and they ordered some light deserts(from a waiter this time). The rest of their date was spent with constant chatter, small intimate touches and acts, and loving looks.  
  
The couple exited the cafe, hand in hand. Kyungsoo would casually swing their hands in a childish manner, making Jongin coo at how cute he was inside his head.  
  
They walked around the park for a while, admiring the beautiful scenery. But, days don't last forever. They headed back to Kyungsoo's dorm together, being the overprotective person Jongin was.  
  
"I'll see you tomorrow, hyung. You get some rest."  
  
Kyungsoo nodded obediently and bit his lip.  
  
"Um... J-Jongin..?"  
  
The said boy raised his eyebrows, waiting for whatever the smaller had to say. The latter took a deep breath and looked firmly into Jongin's eyes. He placed both hands on Jongin's shoulders and stood on his tippy-toes. Jongin's eyes widened when he felt a pair of warm lips pressed gently against his own. He took no time to react to the pleasant kiss, placing his hands on the older's waist and closing his eyes. After a while, they pulled apart for air.Kyungsoo smiled sweetly and pecked Jongin's lips one last time.  
  
"Thanks for today. It was great," he whispered. "I love you."  
  
Jongin's heart soared and he grinned. "I love you, too."  
  
The raven-haired boy was about to turn, but his date stopped him.  
  
"Does that mean... We're together now..?"  
  
This had the other think for a while. "Yeah."  
  
The younger was speechless. Then, he broke out into a huge grin and showered his new boyfriend's face with kisses. The latter giggled and pecked the taller's lips. They parted ways after that with a few last 'I love you's and kisses.  
  
Kyungsoo went back into his apartment and Jongin made his way back home. Both of their hearts were filled with joy and love.  
  
It was truly one of the happiest days of their lives.

Kyungsoo smiled brokenly at the memory, his heart weeping. "Yeah," is all he said into the receiver.  
  
"K-Kyungsoo... Please come back. I-if you come back--" his voice cracked. "--I-I'll take you to the cafe again. We'll order our usual. Please, Kyungsoo... Please..."  
  
Kyungsoo let his eyes close for a moment, waiting for the pain in his heart to decrease before speaking.  
  
"I can't do that, Jongin. You know I can't. If I go back, you'll die. Either way, it's a lose-lose situation."  
  
There was a pause at the other line.  
  
"I..." Jongin began. His eyes stung and blurred from the salty liquid. He could still see the shuttle, but not Kyungsoo's face. He wanted to his face so badly. So badly that it hurt. It felt like a million knives were stabbing his heart.  
  
"I can't live without you. So either way... I'll die."  
  
Kyungsoo was taken back by the statement. He felt the sorrow seep in again.  
  
"How do you think I feel, Jongin? I feel the same. We'll both die. Both of us..! I can;t let you die like this. I can't. You're too important to me... I love you..."  
  
"Kyungsoo..!" Jongin's tired voice yelled. "Just come back already... I can't take it anymore... I can't..." A choked sob came out. Kyungsoo furiously wiped his tears away. He looked back to earth. He could make out more memories from what he saw. Memories that would soon be all that was left of Kyungsoo. Memories that he couldn't help make anymore. Memories Jongin couldn't relive anymore. Memories that weren't enough.
 
Just memories.  
  
"Jongin... I see Heaven Beach from here..."  
  
Jongin looked down and sniffled. "That's where we had our first ."  

 It was a beautiful day. The sun was out and shining down on everyone; The gulls cawed and flew through the soft breeze; The waves moved elegantly towards the shore and receded. It was the perfect day to go to the beach.  
  
Jongin parked his car into the parking space and unbuckled his seatbelt. He got out of the car and hastily made his way to the passenger seat. He opened the door and Kyungsoo thanked him as he got out. They went to the trunk of the convertible to fetch all of their belongings.   
  
Once they had picked a nice spot on the beach, they laid everything out. Jongin wiped the sweat off of his forehead with his forearm and removed his shirt to cool off a little. He didn't fail to notice the small blush on his boyfriend's face. The taller smirked and stretched his arms out, showing off his muscular build. He was satisfied when the older's face turned into a darker shade of pretty pink.  
  
"You wanna swim now, babe?" Jongin asked. Kyungsoo bit his lip and nodded sheepishly. He took off  his shirt as well, unaware of the his boyfriend's hungry eyes scanning over his pale and small frame. He took both of their shirts and folded them into a neat pile by the cooler.  
  
"Um... Jongin?"  
  
"Yeah?"  
  
"Why isn't their anyone here?"  
  
Jongin smiled. "I rented the whole place to ourselves!"  
  
Kyungsoo's eyes widened. "Huh?! B-but, isn't that expensive?! Like, really, really expensive?!"  
  
The younger chuckled. "My father and mother are billionaires who own the largest fashion company in South Korea. I think I have enough money to rent a little beach."  
  
"Little?! This isn't a little beach!"  
  
"Okay, okay. I rented half of the beach. That way, people can still use it. I thought you'd get more amazed if I said that I rented the whole thing..." He put on a pout.  
  
He earned a giggle from his lover. "I guess that's better. And don't lie to me! Or else!" Kyungsoo tried to give a warning glare 
to his boyfriend, yet the latter took it as a cute gesture.  
  
"You're too cute," he said, pinching the older's cheeks. It was the doe-eyed turn to pout, yet it earned another coo from the younger.  
  
Kyungsoo giggled. "Let's go swim!" He hurriedly got up before his boyfriend could respond and dashed to the waters. He yelped a bit when his bare feet touched the hot sand, then sighed when the burn was soothed by the cool ocean. He turned back and waved.  
  
"Hurry up, slowpoke!"  
  
 Jongin chuckled and shook his head as he rose from his sitting position at how cute his Kyungsoo could be.   
  
His Kyungsoo.  
  
His.  
  
Jongin smiled. "Coming!" He charged for the water and dived in with
 a splash.  
  
Kyungsoo raised his arms in attempt to block the water from attacking him. He giggled and searched for Jongin in the water. His grin faded into a frown when Jongin didn't resurface. His tiny hands reached into the water until his shoulders were the only part of his arms that surfaced. He began to frantically swish his arms around in the water.  
  
"J-Jongin..? Where are you..?!" He retracted his hands and covered his mouth, shaking his head frantically. "No, no, no, no, Jongin, no, n--"  
  
"BOO!!"  
  
"KYAAAAAAAA!!" A shriek, a bang, and a splash.  
  
Kyungsoo peeked an eye open and was relieved when he saw Jongin's upper torso out of the water, rubbing his cheek.  
  
"You hit harder than I expected..," he said. He winced when he finished talking, the movement of his jaw making his punch hurt even more.  
  
"S-sorry..," the other said sheepishly. "I-I just thought that you d-drowned or something... I got scared and, when he snuck up on me, I didn't expect it at all. I d-didn't mean to hit you that hard. I swear! I was just... really... scared..." His voice continued to get softer and softer with each word. Along with his words, Jongin softened at his lover.  
  
"I'm sorry, " he said. "I shouldn't have snuck up on you." He got up from his sitting position and enveloped Kyungsoo in his arms. He smiled when he felt the latter immediately relax and sigh dreamily. "I don't ever wanna scare you again."  
  
"It's okay." Kyungsoo smiled up at him. The smile turned into a bit back laugh when he splashed water on Jongin. The younger released his grip.  
  
"Hey!"  
  
The smaller giggled and dodged a splash of water that was aimed 
poorly.   
  
"Miss me, miss me! Now you gotta kiss me!" he taunted while running
 away.  
  
"Yah! Get back here!" Jongin yelled, chasing him.  
  
They spent about two more hours playing around the beach's waters and shore before finally settling down in the cool shade of their umbrella for lunch.  
  
Kyungsoo pulled out two cute boxed lunches. He handed one to Jongin, which the latter open hastily.  
  
"Whaaa~!" he said in awe. "Did you make this?"  
  
He pointed to the kimchi spaghetti with side dishes of pickled vegetables and chicken strips in the box. Kyungsoo nodded shyly and opened his own. The younger's jaw was still hanging open. The doe-eyed male began to fidget uncomfortably when his boyfriend turned his stare from awe to... to... He didn't even know.  
  
"J-Jongin..?" he asked quietly. But the said boy seemed to be in a daze. Kyungsoo repeatedly called his lover's name, only resulting in the latter to lean in closer.  
  
"Yah! Kim Jongin!"  
  
Jongin blinked. "Huh?"  
  
Kyungsoo gaped at him. "You've been staring at me for the past bazillion years!"  
  
"O-oh... Sorry..."  
  
"Why were you so dazed?"  
  
"..."  
  
"..."  
  
"..."  
  
"... Hel--"  
  
"You're lips are really y looking."  
  
Kyungsoo widened his big eyes. "H-huh?"  
  
"Your lips," Jongin pointed to his own. "They're really succulent and soft."  
  
"Th-thank you..?"  
  
Jongin smirked. "You can thank me another way." Cue the suggestive eyebrows.  
  
Kyungsoo blushed. 'If he wants it that way... Then let it be..!" he thought.  
  
In a moment's notice, Kyungsoo was straddling Jongin's lap, tracing every curve and crevice of the taller's built and y torso.  
  
"Ky-Kyungsoo..?!"   
  
"Hmm~?" Jongin gulped. His boyfriend purred. He ing purred. Like a ing y leopard or something. He wasn't even sure if leopards purr.  
  
"Um... What--what are you, u-um, doing..?"  
  
Kyungsoo pouted. "I can't sit on my boyfriend's lap~?"  
  
"That... We-- Whoa! Wh-wh-what are yo-you doing?!"  
  
The shorter began to slowly push his boyfriend down onto the blanket, then seductively whispered into the latter's ear.  
  
"Thanking you."  
  
And the rest of the day was spent with... Well, . Yeah... . Oh. and, later on, a very, very sore Kyungsoo  and very, very, VERY happy Jongin.
 "Yeah..," Kyungsoo whispered. He looked back at the station, only to realize that it was almost long gone from his sight.  
  
'I wanted just one more glimpse..,' he thought sadly.  
  
Suddenly, he felt the shuttle shake a bit, so he turned his attention to the wind shield. He gasped.  
  
"Oh, no..."  
  
Aliens. They were heading towards him with their huge, black wings while showing off their razor sharp claws and fangs.  
  
The doe-eyed boy bit his lip as he readied the combat gear on the space craft.  
  
"Kyungsoo? Yah, Do Kyungsoo! What's going on?! Ar--" Jongin stopped midway of his sentence. His eyes widened in a great deal of fear and his mouth hung open.  
  
"Kai? What is it?" Luhan spoke from behind. He walked up to the giant window, gasping as his eyesight fell upon the scene a few hundred feet away. Even though the distance was great, the mutant teens could still see the shuttle as a tiny, yet still visible, dot and the many aliens swarming at it and lighting speed.  
  
"..," Yixing whispered. "He might be dead before he even gets to the mother alien."  
  
"No," Kai said in a firm voice. "Don't say that. He's not going to die..!"  
  
"Kai, face it!" Luhan outbursted. The two others looked at him. "Kyungsoo is... He's going to be with Minseok now." The crack in his voice when he said his lover's name was too noticeable. "He's gonna die--"  
  
"NO!" the tanned male exclaimed, clenching his fists in tight balls and grinding his teeth. "He's not going to die! Not right now! He's... He's going to be fine! I know! HE WON'T DIE!"  
  
"Kai," Yixing said in a calming matter. The said boy softened at the older's voice a bit, who firmly took hold Jongin's shoulders. "I know this is tough for you, but... Kyungsoo is going to die. And he's going to die now; not later, but now. But, at least he's going to die a hero. Everyone will remember him as the brave and amazing person who saved the world from evil. And I know that he's going to be watching you from above with Joonmyeon and Minseok and everyone else. You guys will always be with each other, okay? You have to except the fact that Kyungsoo has to do this. It can't be changed anymore. Fate has--"  
  
"I don't give one flying about fate!" Jongin yelled.  
  
"Well, too bad!" Yixing shouted back, which was quite surprisingly, knowing what a calm and collected person Yixing was. "It's too late to change anything now! You have to deal with it, Kai. It's done."  
  
There was an unbearable silence.  
  
Kyungsoo had heard it all since Jongin's finger never left the red button of the communication device.  
  
"He's right, Jongin," he said into the device. "It's done. I'm almost there, Jongin, almost. Just you wait. I'll pro-protect you from above. I promise."  
  
He winced when one of the alien's shot bodies banged against the wind shield and left it's purple blood as a reminder of its death. The doe-eyed male drove the space craft and shot at the revolting monsters all on his own. He thought about what Yixing said; he would be remembered as a hero. People would remember him.  
  
People would try to comfort Jongin.  
  
Kyungsoo smiled. 'He'll have more friends,' he thought. 'And, hopefully, he'll move on...'  
  
"J-Jongin," he said into the steel box.   
  
"Kyungsoo..!" was the reply. "Baby, are you okay?!"  
  
'No.'   
  
"Y-yeah."  
  
"Kyungsoo, you can't die! I'll be nothing without you! You can't leave me! Please!"  
  
'I can't live without you, either.'  
  
"I'll be here, Jongie. I'll still be here; in your heart. I'll watch over you. It's just like what Lay said."  
  
"I-I can't do this! I'll be so alone without you! I can't be happy anymore! I won't be able to forget!"  
  
'I don't want you to forget.'  
  
"You h-have to let it go someday. You'll have to forg-get and move on."  
  
"What..?! No! I'll never forget! I won't move on! You're my everything!"  
  
'I don't want you to move on. I want to still be your everything.'  
  
"I'm so-- Crap!" One of the aliens had clawed off a piece of the shuttle. Thankfully, there were only about ten more to kill, then he would get to the mother alien. Just a little more, and he's gone. Gone from life.  
  
"Ky-Kyungsoo!!" Jongin sobbed from the other end. He banged on the window and fell to his knees when he saw no more aliens left to fight back. He secretly prayed for some weak aliens to come so that they could just buy him a little more time to talk to Kyungsoo; to know he was still alive. "P-please, Kyungsoo! Don't die! Don-don't l-leave me! I-I ca-can't!!"  
  
The earth manipulator sighed in relief when the aliens were gone from his sight. Then, a tight know formed when he saw the giant, ugly creature before him. It was a huge specimen that was an ugly shade of red and brown with a million beady eyes and a mouth the size of South Korea. It had yellow teeth and claws that were jagged at the sides. On it's tough-looking back were huge spikes that separated two huge black wings and ran down into the tip of it's clubbed tail. Disgusting was a good word to describe what it looked like, judging by its crinkled face and skin that oozed out a weird juice.  
  
Kyungsoo smiled bitterly. 'It's time to go...'  
  
He pulled the lever that activated the speed overdrive and held onto the armrest tightly as the shuttle surged forward.  
  
"I-it's time to go, Jongin." he whispered sadly into the device.  
  
"Wha... No... No! No, no, no, NO! Stop it! It's not time to go anywhere! No, it's time to go home! I'm sick and tired of this, Kyungsoo! You better come back right now!" There was more fear in Jongin's voice then it's usual confidence, the older noted.  
  
"No, Jongin. I have to... Leave now."  
  
"N-no, please, baby, PLEASE! Don't leave me! I'm begging you, please!!"  
  
"I love you, so much, Jongin. You have to move on--"  
  
"No..!"  
  
"--and find some-someone new who will take care--"  
  
"Stop it! Stop!"  
  
"--of you and love you more than I ever have--"  
  
"D-don't DO this! Stop talking!"  
  
"--but I'm not sure if that's really possible, because I love you more tha--"  
  
"Don't think about that! Stop it!"  
  
"--n anything and I can't imagine anyone l-loving you more that I do--"  
  
"You're not leaving me! You won't! I won't let you! I wont..!"  
  
"--So become someone great, Jongin. Make me proud. M-make my death worth it. Make--"  
  
"You are NOT dying! You're not!"  
  
"--the world a better place. Prove that I helped a world worth saving. But--"  
  
"Don't... Don't leave me..."  
  
"--the world is the best place God created because you're on it."  
  
"... Kyungsoo..! Please... I love you..."  
  
The shuttle shook immensely, causing Kyungsoo to brace himself in his seat. He began to shake himself as he grew closer and closer to the horrid monster in front of him.  
  
"Jongin, I love you so much. Don't you ever forget that."  
  
"..."  
  
"... J-Jongin..?" The smaller of the two became worried that something happened to his lover and, now, he couldn't say his proper goodbye now.  
  
"I... I've been ad-admiring you for too long. My name is Kim Jongin, a.k.a., your s-secret admirer."  
  
Kyungsoo cupped a hand over his mouth and let the tears swell up in his eyes.  
  
"And I'm madly in love with you, Do Kyungsoo."  
  
The said male let the tears fall from his eyes like an uneven waterfall. He sobbed and cried into the communication device, repeating the heart-filled 'I love you's and 'I'm sorry's. Jongin joined in, as well.  
  
Kyungsoo managed to steer and sob to his boyfriend at the same time. He drove into the mighty alien's mouth while it was roaring and began to make its way to the heart. He twisted and turned and finally caught sight of the giant beating organ.  
  
"I love you, Kim Jongin. Goodbye," he said shakily.  
  
"I lo-love y-you, t-too, Do Kyungs-soo. Good... bye..," the other whispered as his heart shattered and burnt into ashes.  
  
Kyungsoo let the communication device drop to his side as he let go of the wheel. The shuttle went straight towards the heart and the raven-haired male let his last tear and breath be dedicated to his one and only true love: Kim Jongin.  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
Boom.  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
 
 
 
A faint and shy knock was heard from behind the door. Kyungsoo closed his book, got off his plush bed, and skipped towards the door. He opened it and looked around, finding nothing. He looked down and saw a note. Kyungsoo gracefully bent down and plucked the pink sticky note off the shiny wooden floor.  
  
'To the Innocent and Beloved Do Kyungsoo,  
  
Let's play a game. If you find all of the 13 sticky notes, I'll tell you a secret. Each of the sticky notes will give you a hint of who I am, so read carefully. Good luck, hyung!  
  
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      From Your Secret Admirer'  
  
Kyungsoo blinked. "Secret admirer..," he repeated stupidly. He searched the hallway from more of the notes, curiosity and disbelief eating him alive. Seeing that certain flash of hot pink, the raven-haired boy quickly got his shoes on and closed and locked the door to his apartment. He jogged towards the paper stuck to the wall and read it before snatching it off the yellow walls.  
  
'So you found the second note, huh? Good job, hyung~ Okay! First hint? Sure. We've met before.'  
  
Kyungsoo hummed. "We've met before... I wonder who it is..." He shoved the piece of paper into his pocket and began to walk down the hallway. He turned the corner and caught  a glimpse of pink on the wall. The doe-eyed boy hastily walked over and picked the note.  
  
'Third! Wow, you're pretty good. Anyways, you've helped me study in the library sometimes.'  
  
That could be a variety of people, since Kyungsoo signed up for tutoring for all of his years of high school. He was a very smart kid, who skipped second and fifth grade. Shoving the paper with the  others, his hunt went on. By the tenth note, Kyungsoo's memory began to kick in.  
  
'Tenth note, hyung. You're almost there~! You know, I've been a big fan of your singing. Bigger than how you're a fan of my dancing.'  
  
"Fan of dancing... Wait a minute..." Kyungsoo scanned the halls for the next clue. He eventually found it and read it.  
  
'Eleventh note. Apparently, I'm one of the school's so-called kingkas.'  
  
The doe-eyed male blinked. "Could it be..?" He needed confirmation. Could it really be him? Why would he like him? Kyungsoo wasn't special. He was an average nerd. Well, he didn't really get bullied, thanks to his sister's advice on style and looks.   
  
The small male quickly scurried off to find his next clue. He was very anxious to know if it really was him who was crushing on him. Another pink sticky note came into sight and was plucked off the exit of the dorm.  
  
'One more note left, hyung! Why don't I summarize all of my clues? Great. Junior; tan; dancer; huge fan of yours; a little rap; kingka; rich; handsome; athletic; admirer for a while; made sure you had no bullies; and, most importantly, madly in love with Do Kyungsoo. Can you guess who I am now, Soo hyung?'  
  
Kyungsoo exited the building and put the note away in his pocket. He then scanned around for any signs of the last note.  
  
There stood a tall, tan man with a bouquet of flowers that covered his face. The man approached Kyungsoo, stopping when he was only a foot or two away. He revealed his Adonis-like face that knocked the breath out of Kyungsoo's poor lungs. The bouquet of roses was handed over to the shorter. He took the roses and his sight was caught by a pink sticky note.  
  
"I've been admiring you for too long. My name is Kim Jongin, a.k.a. your secret admirer," Jongin said. The words were taken right from the small paper, word for word.  
  
Jongin stepped a bit closer and placed his  palm on Kyungsoo's naturally pale cheek.  
  
"And I'm madly in love with you, Do Kyungsoo."
 
A/N: FINALINGLY. UGH. I don't know why this took a million years to finish. It would've been finished in the first week that I posted the foreword and that , but, as I went to click on a tab, I pressed the ing Facebook link. . So, the whole story was ing deleted and I died inside. I was almost done, too... TTvTT And then school became a , since 7th grade is really important and got waaaay harder than 6th grade(mostly because my 6th grade teacher didn't know ). WHOO. Well, at least it's done. Now I can work on my other stories! Yay!

 


A/N: 

Aaaaand, I don't have a grudge on any of the members. I just... I don't even know, sorry. I also apologize for any grammar or spelling errors. If you want, please make a critical comment down below. Also... DON'T KILL ME. I know this story is reeeeaaaally angsty, and I was very... harsh in it. I'm sorry, but I have a tendency to make most of my stories very sad. Meeeeh. Just deal with it, 'kay?

I hope you all enjoyed! Thank you~