Two Frozen Snippets

Only One for Me

A/N: It's Valentine's Day and it's so cold here there was a weather alert so I thought it'd be the perfect time to post my two Frozen-related snippets. I'm calling them snippets because they read like parts of longer fics and they were meant to be but...hahahaha. You can imagine, I'm sure. They both have to do with Frozen but aren't connected to each other.


SNSD ft. Frozen

When the movie came out and became iconic, and Elsa in particular, they wasted no time badgering Jessica about it (because – an actual ice princess? Talk about perfect match), constantly singing “the cold never bothered me anyway” at her until she gave them a scowl that really seemed like it would freeze someone to death.

Tiffany vividly remembers Sooyoung telling Jessica, “Hey, that message you wrote me was really heart-warming.”

Jessica eyes Sooyoung warily, even though – or perhaps because – she said something sentimental. “Oh yeah?”

“Yeah, you made me melt,” Sooyoung says with a very touched expression, and then promptly adds in a doleful, Olaf-esque tone, “Some people are worth melting for.”

“That’s it,” Jessica says, and reached for the nearest weapon-like object to her, which happens to be a pair of tweezers, and they have to pull it from her hand so she wouldn’t stab Sooyoung with them.

“You’re so violent, Jessi,” Tiffany says. “I’m concerned.”

“Like she didn’t ask for it.”

“But I think you’ll just feel at ease if you let it go,” Tiffany says earnestly, and Jessica stares at her for a moment before heaving a sigh.

“Hey,” Sooyoung says indignantly. “How come when I make a Frozen pun, you try to kill me, but when Tiffany does it you just sigh?”

“Because Tiffany doesn’t do it ten times a day unlike you,” Jessica says through gritted teeth. “Also, she’s not as annoying as you.”

“Well, also you’re not going to cut her off if she pisses you off,” Hyoyeon says.

Sooyoung snaps her fingers. “That’s the true reason.”

“What do you mean as annoying?” Tiffany demands. “You’re saying I’m annoying, just not as much as Sooyoung?”

Jessica arches her eyebrows. “Do I really need to answer that question?”

Tiffany gives her best pout. “Jessi, you’re so cruel.” She dramatically clutches her chest. “I think you just froze my heart.”

“That’s it,” Jessica grumbles, and marches to the door. “I’m getting away from you idiots.”

“Don’t forget to sing your storming away line!” Sooyoung hollers after her, and Jessica’s only reply is to serenade her with a raised finger.

 

Actual Frozen AU

Jessica stares down at her shaking hands. “I can’t trust myself.”

“I trust you,” Tiffany says softly, reaching for her, but Jessica staggers back.

“No!” Her voice comes out like a whip. “Don’t touch me.” At Tiffany’s hurt expression, Jessica makes an effort to calm her own and points to her temple. Tiffany touches the silver streak in her hair, Jessica’s handiwork from years ago, and somehow even though Jessica’s always treated it like a scar Tiffany wears it like a crown.

Jessica swallows. “I can’t hurt you again. Don’t give me the chance to.”

Tiffany smiles. “Isn’t that what life is about? Taking chances, taking risks, even if we might get hurt?” She takes a step closer to Jessica, and then another, her eyes locked on Jessica’s. “I know you’d never hurt me on purpose. As for accidents – they’ll always happen.” By now she’s right in front of Jessica, so close their bodies are just a breath away from contact. “I want to take that chance. Tell me you do too.”

And how could she say no to that? How could she say no to Tiffany? Her fear of her powers, of herself, has dominated much of her life, only rivalled by one other force: her love for the girl in front of her.

Jessica closes that tiny yet massive gap between them as finds Tiffany’s, and for the first time in her life she feels warmth course through her.