Chapter 1

Falling In Love With A Happy Virus

So... I got to update a chapter before my busy weekend ^^

Hope you guys will like it.

Comments are loved <333

*************************************************************

“Yah! Park Chaehwan! Get back here!” Chanyeol yelled as he chased after her around her house. They were both baking a cake and let’s just say that somehow, flour flew into his face after placing the cake into the oven.

“Mianhaeyo Chanyeol oppa. I just couldn’t resist.” Chaehwan giggled.

Chaehwa’s umma chuckled as well as shook her head and turned her attention back to the T.V. As Chaehwan was slowly running out of energy, she sat next to her umma on the couch and hugged her arm.

Chanyeol later came into the living room and pointed an accusing finger at her, “You can’t use omonim as a shield to protect yourself!!!”

“Hmph. She’s my umma and I love her too much to let her go.” Chaehwan proclaimed.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and went forth to get Chaehwan. “Come here.” Chaehwan shrieked in laughter as he tickled her sides. Her umma laughed at the sight and went into the kitchen to get started on dinner.

As he saw that Chaehwan’s face turning a tomato color, he stood up and carefully helped her up. In the process, they both looked at each other. Everything became still as they only saw nothing else except for each other. Chanyeol felt his head moving forward. Chaehwan began to angle her head a certain way to match her lips with his as they were centimeters apart. As Chaehwan felt his breath on her lips, he quickly turned away. She looked up at him in confusion.

Chanyeol gave her a small smile before retreating back to the kitchen. She let out a sad sigh as she watched him leave her alone in the living room. This has been happening a lot recently. Why hasn’t he kissed her yet? With this type of situation happening, she has been growing feelings for her friend.

~Flashback~

The first time was when they had a snow ball fight with his friends. She, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol were behind a snow fort as D.O., Kai, Suho, and Sehun were throwing snowballs at them nonstop. “Yah! Give us a chance to attack! We have three people on our team; one of them being a girl.” Chanyeol yelled.

Chaehwan gave him a look, “Are you saying that we’re losing because of me?”

His eyes widened, “ANIYO!!! I didn’t mean it like that. I meant-“ Chanyeol leaned backwards as Chaehwan threw the ball of snow in her mitten covered hand into his face. “YAH! PARK CHAEHWAN!! YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO THROW THE SNOWBALL AT THE ENEMY, NOT YOUR OWN TEAMMATE!!!”

Baekhyun stood up to throw a snowball, but was pelted down to the snowy floor by the others. Kai and Sehun high-fived each other as the two older ones laughed. Chaehwan abruptly stood up and looked at the opposing team, “Suho oppa! I want to be on your team!!!”

“Sure! Come on over! It could be 5 against 2 this time!” Suho grinned happily.

But before Chaehwan could run over to their side, Chanyeol grabbed her ankle, causing her to fall beside him. “Go to their team Baekhyun!” Chanyeol yelled at his fellow, well former teammate. Baekhyun obeyed and ran to the opposing team, who didn’t want him at all and started pelting him with snow, having their own fun as Chanyeol and Chaehwan were still on the ground.

Chaehwan pouted and sent Chanyeol a glare. “You meanie! I wanted to be on their team!” He just stared at her. Chaehwan curiously looked at him. ‘What is he doing just staring at me? DO I have something on my face?’ She began to touch her face and fix her hair.

She froze as Chanyeol moved a strand of her hair behind her ear for her. “I got it.” He muttered softly and smiled as he had fixed her hair. “You know what Hwannie? You’re really pretty.” Blush crept up on her cheeks and looked at anything but him.

“K-Komaowo Yeollie oppa…” she said. Chaehwan then felt Chanyeol grip her chin, turning your gaze to look at him. He began to lean his head towards hers and before he could even touch a bit of her lips, the others yelled out to them.

“Yah! Park Chanyeol and Park Chaehwan!!! What are you two doing back there?” D.O. called out.

“Are you guys making out or something?” Kai teasingly said.

The other three laughed. Chaehwan turned her head to the side and lightly pushed Chanyeol away. She stood up with a red face and walked over to the five other guys, leaving Chanyeol still lying down on the snow behind the fort. Chaehwan didn’t know that one of the boys noticed her flushed face.

~End of flashback~

After Chanyeol arrived home, he laid in his bed. He covered his face with his large hands and inwardly groaned, “Why do I always lead her on?” He stared at the picture of Chaehwan and himself doing peace signs with their heads leaning against each other. His heart began to thump fast just by looking at a picture of her. “I can’t.” He shut his eyes while brought a pillow to cover his face.

During school, since Chaehwan was once known as a loner, everyone finally left her alone. They didn’t push pass as if she was nothing anymore. They just saw, Park Chaehwan, Park Chanyeol’s only real friend. Of course Chanyeol, being good looking, he still had some fangirls that adore him even though he hangs out with only Chaehwan. Chaehwan was putting some books into her locker when Chanyeol popped out of nowhere, scaring her.

She let out a breath of relief and her facial expression changed to a fake upset one, “Yah. Park Chanyeol.” She growled.

Chanyeol deeply chuckled, “Mianhae.” He did a playful bow to be forgiven. Of course she would forgive him.

“So what’s up?” she asked as she shut her locker and faced him as she hugged her books to her chest.

His smile faltered and looked down. “Um you know our usual plans for Friday nights?”

“Movie night at your place at 8 o’clock.” Chaehwan said. She tilted her head to the side as she looked up at him, “Wae? Do you have something to do tonight?”

He stiffly nodded his head, “Ne. My uhh…umma is having a get together at the house, so movie night is going to be cancelled.”

“Oh. That’s okay. We can have movie night at my place then. My umma wouldn’t mind at all.” She said as she started to get her phone out of her pocket to call her umma that Chanyeol was going to come over.

Before Chanyeol could stop her, the bell rang for class to start. She waved to him before running to class. He left out a deep sigh. ‘How am I supposed to do this?’ He tried to catch up with Chaehwan right after school, but she had gone home already, maybe preparing the house for their movie night. ‘Maybe I could cancel the plans I made with Hwijun ah. Aish~ But he begged me to go. What to do?’

Chaehwan quickly arrived home, not bothering to greet her umma as she began to clean the house. Her umma looked at her with a puzzled look. “Everything alright Chaehwan ah?”

“Huh? Ne! Waeyo?” she said as she began to move the couch a certain way. “Oh! What’s for dinner tonight umma? Remember that Chanyeol oppa is coming over.”

Chaehwan’s umma smiled at the enthusiastic girl, “Do you have a crush on Chanyeol or something?” she teased, which caused Chaehwan to freeze. It seemed like her umma got the hint and smiled widely, “Omo! You do!” she giggled.

“Umma!” Chaehwan whined as her cheeks grew hot.

“Are you planning on confessing to him soon?” her umma questioned. “Well, it seems like you two are already a couple since you are with each other 24/7. More like a married couple.”

“Umma!!!” she groaned.

Her umma walked over to her and gave her a reassuring hug, “I’m just kidding darling. It’s just that, ever since Chanyeol came into your life, everything changed for the better. Ever since your appa died…” Chaehwan grew weak at the mention of her deceased appa. “…you were all distant from society.” She pulled back from her daughter and looked at her with glossy eyes with a tiny smile on her face, “Chanyeol made this house lively again and I like living like this. If he’s only a friend, that’s okay. But if he’s more than that, that’s okay too.”

Chaehwan smiled back at her umma and gave her a tight hug, “Komaowo umma.”

As night came, she waited for Chanyeol to arrive. She started to grow worried as he wouldn’t pick up his phone or answer the multiple text messages she sent him. “Hmm… I wonder what happened to him.” She looked down at her phone, “Should I call the other oppas?” As she looked through her phone contacts to whichever friend of Chanyeol’s she saw first, the doorbell rang. “Oh! He’s here!” she told herself and ran to the front door in her pajamas. “Chan-“

Instead of seeing Chanyeol, he saw the other oppas instead. They each gave her a wave, “Annyeong Chaehwan ah!” they announced in their own pair of pajamas and hugging pillows.

Her umma came into the living room and saw them, “Omo! All of you are here? I thought only Chanyeol was coming over for movie night.” She looked at Chaehwan for an explanation, but she didn’t have one as she too didn’t know what was happening.

Suho rubbed the back of his neck nervously, “Uh… Chanyeol told all of us to take his place at movie night with Chaehwan ah because he had something to do tonight.” He bowed to Chaehwan’s umma.

Chaehwan’s umma gave them a smile and shook her head, “You don’t have to apoplogize. You boys here could get yourself settled in. I’ll just make more food for you guys.”

“Aniyo. You don’t have to ahjumma.” D.O. said. “We made our own food in advance since we knew you weren’t going to have enough for all six of us.” He held out an extra container to her, “Here’s some extra kimbap I made for you ahjumma.”

“Oh. Komaowoyo boys. I will eat these well.” She said. Chaehwan’s umma looked at her daughter. Chaehwan was staring blankly ahead as she slowly closed the front door and led the boys to the movie night area. She walked back into the kitchen and glanced back into the living room, ‘I wonder why Chanyeol never told Chaehwan ah ahead of time.’

Back in the living room, the boys were getting comfy and looking at the folder of DVDs Chaehwan had so they could pick which movie to watch. Chaehwan just idly sat there and stared at her phone. ‘Why didn’t he text me? I talked to him at school and he didn’t say anything.’

One of the boys glanced at Chaehwan with worry and wondered the same thing, ‘Park Chanyeol. Where are you? Why did you make us come here when she clearly wants to be with you?’ he thought as he wanted to beat up his tall friend.

“LET’S WATCH BREAKING DAWN PART 2!!!” Sehun announced jokingly.

“MOH?!” the others said and started arguing by shouting out different movie title names.

Chaehwan looked at the boys and spoke up, “Could we watch Lion King?”

They all stopped and looked at her. She stared at them, waiting for a response. The other four boys looked at the one boy that was worried about her. He made a signal meaning to go along with it. Kai smiled and nodded his head, “Sure. We could watch that.”

Suho began to look for it in the disc book. “It’s in my room. I’ll go get it.” Chaehwan stood up and ran up the stairs to her bedroom.

They all looked at Chaehwan’s figure and had worried faces, “Okay, do any of you know why Chanyeol is acting strangely these days? I mean, him and Chaehwan always have movie night together, not with any of us. Whenever we plan to crash the party, they’re always a step before us.” D.O. explained.

“My bottom still hurts from that fall.” Sehun pouted and cringed at the memory of him climbing into Chanyeol’s house window, but the tall one pushed him out , causing him to land on top of his hyungs.

“Ughhh… Don’t remind me. My back still hurts because of you maknae.” Kai whined.

Baekhyun was in much concentration as he thought of a reason for why his friend is acting this way. His train of thought got disrupted when Suho nudged him, signaling that Chaehwan had come back.