Through the Crowd

Gods Among Men...or Boys...Whichever

 

Baekhyun jotted down the last bit of his notes before closing his book and neatly placing everything back into his black leather bag. He left the empty classroom to enter a just as empty hallway, slowly making his way to the student council room.

“I know I left it somewhere….Ah Ha!”

The brunette picked out his laptop from the rare mess of papers and books. He his heels and locked the door before heading back down the corridor. The halls were coated with orange light that seeped through the windows of the school. Baekhyun squinted his eyes until he reached the shaded gates of the prep school. In a tired daze he leisurely made his journey home.

Tomorrow was going to be busy, painfully busy.

 

****

 

Jessica screaming.
“Baekhyun do you have that banner!?”
Sulli knocked over a vase.
“Sehun!! How many of those did you buy!?”
Onew tripped over the electrical wires.
“KAI! Don’t eat that!! Its not edible!!!”

The hustle and bustle of SM High during their Spring Festival was worse than Grand Central Station on Christmas. Classes usually built elaborate themed sets to compete with one another complete with rivers, trees, and anything else families could buy. For most of the students the festival meant a creative outlet, a good time, and a week off from school. But for the student council it was hell.

Sehun usually cried when dealing with the expenses, Kyungsoo ran into everything because he was too busy documenting on his iPad, Chen took it easy and took pictures, Kai did nothing, Suho ran all over the school doing everything else, and Baekhyun organized everything that Suho was too frantic to take care of.
To be honest Baekhyun didn’t mind his duty at all. He liked walking around the school, advising the different clubs, finally seeing the finished products of the students’ hard work. 

“Oppa look! I made this! Isn’t it cute?”
“Yes, it’s very nice.”
“Baekhyun oppa! Please taste this!”
“Maybe another time.”
“Oppa! Can you come here!?”
“I’m sorry, I have to make my rounds.”  
“OPPA LOVE ME!”
Baekhyun picked up his pace and scurried down another hallway filled with students. There was something different in this hallway. Unlike other festivals something caught Baekhyun’s eye and it wasn’t a prop or decoration. It was a mess of long orange, honey colored hair.
The brunette tilted his head, “Well, that’s not school regulation.”
Baekhyun ventured further into the crowd. The stranger was tall, taller than everyone. His height and hair color made him easy to follow. The more Baekhyun tried to steel a glace of the other’s face the more he realized the man’s beauty.       
“Who are you?”
“Who’s who oppa?”
“WHA!? Oh! Uh, no one.” Baekhyun smiled sweetly. Sometimes he disliked being SM High’s smiling prince.
Before he could continue his quest, Baekhyun’s name was called.

“Baekhyun!? What are you doing standing there!?” Suho pushed through screaming girls and immobile guys, “I need you to go to Junior Class B! They ran out of gas lamps!!”
“Oh! Yeah, I’ll be right there!” Before heading to the other side of school Baekhyun looked back.

 

Among the haze of the many students, the tall stranger was no where to be found.
 


Oh boy, okay, so I got this idea after....what was I doing....oh...it will give away the plot so i'll tell y'all later. 
I love supernatural but I don't feel comfortable writing it, i'll give it a try anyway <3

I hope all of you like it, please tell me what you think (no really, please tell me) I know this is really short but I promise the next chapters will be longer.
Love you all!