Kris Wu is A Lovely Prankster

Overcame The Jealousy

 

Vancouver, Canada

There is only one person I hate the most in the entire universe.

Kris Wu.

I hate him with all her heart and soul, I would sell my soul to Satan if I can get rid of him from my eye range. Too bad it’s really hard to do so, as he walk around grandly by my side and look forward like ignoring my existence at all.

“Stop glaring at me, Sunghee Kim. You’re going to drill a hole at my side if you keep glaring at me like that,” he said without looking at me at all.

I humphed him and look forward, “Then you should stop stalking me around, Kris Wu!”

“For your information, I was not stalking you. You run into me and now I’m kindly accompanying you in this boring activity you call shopping,” he kept walking with his hands inside his pocket.

I rolled my eyes and snarked back, “I never recall asking you to accompany me. I’m well off by myself,” I stomped and walked faster ahead before he stroll with those long legs of his and casually walk by my side again.

“Which part of I’m well off by myself you did not understand, Wu?” I groaned in frustration, he just would not stop making me crazy.

“All of it,” he shrugged and glanced to me from the corner of his eyes and smiled. “You are never well by yourself unless I’m by your side.”

I stopped walking and looked at him, completely baffled. After a few steps he stopped walking as well and turned around. He raised one of his brows.

“You’re so full of yourself, I don’t need you!” I stomped and walked away from him.

He caught my hand before I could walk over him. “You need me.” He said with that piercing gaze of him.

I scowled. “You’re not even my boyfriend! For goodness’ sake, you’re my neighbor!” I released my hand from his grip and stomped away. I could hear his chuckled as he followed me behind again.

I’ve known Kris since kindergarten, when he moved to the house next to mine all the way from China. Being Asian, just like me in the sea of Caucasian people who speaks English and French all the time, I decided to make friend with him. Which actually was not a good decision at that time. I have no idea what happened to him in the past but he’s not one cheerful kindergarten boy. He sulked all the time and refused to speak at all. But after a few kick and begs I finally befriended him.

He grown to be the best friend I ever had. Taking care of me like how a big brother I never had should. He over protective and all, and I believe that was for my sake. I let him do whatever he feel like doing around me, I always felt comfortable around him. Until that damned Valentine day.

I was walking home with him from school like usual, joking and tried to punch each other when this girl showed up in front of us. Being clueless, I stood there when the beautiful blonde girl said she liked him. I felt that weird thump in chest and wild bang on the top of my head. A girl I barely knew just said she was in love with this Wu. This Kris Wu! I did not understand what happened, but I felt that flame of growing anger inside of me. No one, I repeat, no one allowed to say they like my Kris.

Wait? What? My Kris? Oh God, what is happening to me?

I should not have feeling like this. Yet the anger keep gripping my heart and the next thing I realized was I walked home ahead of Kris, leaving him with the pretty girl behind.

I was confused and dazed. My childhood friend, that Kris Wu, just received a love confession and instead of feeling happy like how a best friend supposed to feel, I feel mad? This was not it. This was not healthy. What happened to me?

The next thing I knew was, I started to ignore him, not wanting to see his face in front of me. I avoid him as best as I could. I pretended that he does not exist and all, but he kept appearing in front of me. Like a shadow, he knew where I went and what I do every second. He irritated me much, too much. More when I knew he was seeing that girl from before. I started to hate him.

“I broke up with Heather,” he said again as I stomping in front of him, trying to move as far as possible.

I stopped in track and turned to face him. “What?”

“I broke up with Heather,” he repeated the last sentence.

“Why?” I gaped at the shocking news.

“He cheated on me with Justin,” he sighed and looked down to the floor.

I unconsciously came closer and wrapped my arms around his body. “I’m sorry….” He chuckled next to my ear and I quickly released him and looked at his bemused face in disbelief. “You tricked me, Kris Wu!” I bellowed.

Kris shook his head. “I’m not, I really broke up with Heather. It’s just, you finally come back to me and it felt really good. Come here,” he reached for me and hugged me while I was in trance because of his words. “I miss spending time with you, Hee… You’re my best friend.”

I felt that weight in my chest lifted up. “Me too Kris… I missed you too.”

He grinned and patted my head before taking my hand and dragged me along. “I’ve told you, you need me.”

“Yeah, right!” I rolled my eyes and he laughed along.

I didn’t know why I resented him before. Just hearing that he broke up with that girl lifted up all the resentment from my heart. I love that he’s being next to me again. He’s right. I need him.

***

“You’re joining what?” I spurted my coke out.

“An agency called SM Entertainment,” he took a tissue and thoughtfully wiped the remaining coke on my lips.

“What for?” I took the tissue from him and wiped my mouth clean.

“To be a staaar,” he raised his left eye brow then winked at me. I felt my inside melted at the wink, but I shook my head.

“This is silly, Kris. You’re a star basketball player! Why are you applying to be a…,”

“Talent,” he said helpfully.

“Talent,” I nodded. “Your talent is at Basketball.”

“I can sing too, you know…,” he looked at the twinkling reflection of buildings light on the river. Vancouver’s night lights are amazing. I could agree to that.

“Pfft… yeah right,” I rolled my eyes at his silly comment. Him? Singing? Then I can dance Swan Lake Ballet. “Where is this SM Entertainment? In California? Or New York? Don’t tell me it’s New York, it’s too far for a student like me to pay tickets to New York just to visit you.”

He shook his head. “It’s in Korea, Hee…,” he stared at me with that sorry gaze.

I was at loss. Korea? The place is like a million kilometers away. Korea? My parents were from Korea, I speak Korean all the time with them but never really step on the country and what? He said he’s going to Korea to be a talent?!

“I… don’t understand. Korea? YOU’RE TELLING ME THAT YOU’RE GOING TO MOVE TO KOREA?! KRIS!!!” I stared at him in shock.

“I’m sorry, Hee…,” he reached out for me to hug me again but I moved back.

“You’re kidding me,” I stated and stared at him in disbelief. “Tell me you’re kidding me.”

“I’m not…,” he shook his head.

“What did your Mom said about this?” I felt that heavy feeling on my heart again along with sick feeling in my stomach.

“She said… As long as I’m happy, she’s letting me doing whatever I want,” he looked away, not meeting my eyes.

“Kris!” I tugged his sleeve. “You’re leaving me again… why are you doing this?”

He turned his head around and met my eyes. “I’m sorry….”

I felt my eyes blurry and suddenly tears falling as I clutched myself to his sleeve and put my forehead on his arm. “Please don’t go….” I begged him.

He reached out and hugged me tight, pressing me as close as he could to his chest. I could hear his heart beating inside, pacing slowly as my own heart beating like a drum crazily. He was going to leave me. To another side of Pacific Ocean. I cried again harder.

“Why are you crying like this? It’s not like you at all,” he shushed me with that gentle voice he used to calm me when we were little and I cried of small wounds.

“I don’t know… It’s just…,” I raised my head to meet his eyes. “I don’t want you to leave me.”

His eyes softened. He took a strand of hair from my face and tucked it behind my ear.

“I think I should tell you something,” he whispered.

“What?” I whispered back.

“I never really date Heather,” he looked at me with this… longing in his gaze.

“What…,” I moved away from his hug but he held me in my place.

“I never date Heather. I just became friends with her. You should have seen yourself when I told you I went out with her. Priceless…,” he my cheek softly with the back of his hand sending electric chill all around my body.

“You were playing with me?” I looked at him, puzzled.

He snickered. “The fact is… I love seeing your jealous face. Although that mean you won’t talk to me for a whole month.”

“I was NOT jealous,” I looked away. He held my chin and made me looking back to him.

“You were jealous, Hee…,” he whispered those words to my ear and my whole body tensed up. “Tell me you’re jealous.”

“I was not jealous…,” I could feel myself losing to his voice and my body became weak.

“Tell me you’re jealous and I’ll tell you my secret,” he whispered in such a low voice and gazed deeply into my eyes afterwards, sending a fluttery feeling to my heart.

I looked back into his eyes and lost. “I was jealous,” I whispered back.

“I know…,” he smiled and then leaned over to me before he touched my lips with his. Warm and sweet long kiss.  I kissed him back and lost my sanity in his embrace.

After a billion years or a second, I lost count of time, he hugged me again and rested his chin on my shoulder. “I’m sorry that I have to go far away after I tell you this… but I love you, Hee. I love you.”

I nodded and cried again. “I love you too.”

***

5 years later, Hong Kong

I stepped toward the waiting room of Mnet Asian Music Award where I heard EXO were going to perform, hoping he will show up and I will be able to meet him after 5 long years. I waited for an hour already but he has not showed up. I waited again until I heard that familiar voice laughed among other laughing voices. I looked up and stood silently until he was on the range of my vision. I held my breath when his eyes met mine and he stopped walking.

“Duizhang?” A really cute boy called up on him.

“Duizhang, come on… we have to be on back stage,” a panda like tall boy calling him.

“Hee..,” he whispered when I felt a tear fell over my cheek.

I ran toward him and hugged him tighter than ever. “Kris!”

“Hee…, Sunghee Kim…,” he pressed his lips on my forehead. “It’s been a long time, love.”

I nodded with tearful eyes. “It’s been way too long.”

I kept hugging him and he would not release me either.

“Should we wait for him?” I heard voice behind me asking.

“Nah, Hyung… Let him have his time. Let’s go.” And they went along, leaving Kris in my arms. The way he supposed to be. In my arms, because I need him.