The News...

A Sign of Love is Protection...

“Oh my gosh! Look, look! Look at what came in the mail for me!” I yelled over to my friend Samantha while grabbing the mail from my mail box. She ran over to me as I dropped everything I was holding in my hands. “What? What is it?” she asked me in confusion.

The sender’s information was YG Entertainment from South Korea.

“… oh my gosh …” Samantha said softly while covering and looking at me. “…open it…” she demanded.

I looked at her with a frighten expression. I wasn’t sure what it was going to say; either good or bad news. I was so scared and excited at the same time; my hands started to tremble.

“I need to sit down Sam.” I said while walking back to my house as Samantha follows picking up the things I dropped. We both sat down on the sofa as I looked at the envelope.

“Hurry up!” Samantha demanded in excitement. “If you don’t I’ll do it for you.” She joked. “Come on Cris. I’m sure you got it. Who wouldn’t pick you? You’re great. Have faith.” She reassured me.

Nodding at Samantha, I took a deep breath and slowly I unsealed the envelope. I took the letter out of the envelope and held it against my chest. Closing my eyes and taking another deep breath, I opened my eyes and finally started to read the letter.

It read, “Dear Christine. YG Entertainment has read your resume along with your cover letter and we feel that you were unqualified for the position that we were offering...”

“Oh no,” I said out loud while putting the letter down.

“What happened?” Samantha anxiously asked.

“I didn’t get it. I was unqualified.” I ended.

“What?! No way!” Samantha then grabbed the letter out of my hands. She began to read the letter herself.

“I knew it! Why even bother in the first place? Whatever; I’ll apply elsewhere… or just live my regular normal boring life.” I said while flopping on the sofa giving up on hope.

“No, no… wait, wait…” Samantha said.

“Wait for what? It’s over Sam! Let it go.” I demanded.

“…however, after watching the video that you submitted with your resume and cover letter, we saw a whole different person than the one we read on paper. You are perfect. Just the person we need…” Samantha read out loud.

“What?!” I said sitting up on the sofa. “Don’t mess around Sam! This isn’t funny.” I then grabbed the letter out of her hands.

“…we need you to come as soon as possible. If you accept the job offer, please contact YG Entertainment within 24 hours and we will arrange everything. Thank you for your attention upon this matter. Hope to hear from you soon. Sincerely, YG.” I finished reading the letter.

“…Oh my… gosh…” tears began to form in my eyes. Excited, Samantha grabbed my phone and handed it to me, “Call them Cris! What are you waiting for? Make the call!” I then grabbed the phone and started to dial the world’s longest number. While dialing, it felt like a life time until I finally got a ringing tone on the other end. “I told you you’ll get it.” Samantha assured me while smiling.

“YG Entertainment. How may I direct your call?” the person on the phone answered.

Clearing my throat I replied, “Hi… um… uh… I don’t know… umm… I guess you can forward me to YG himself?” I then hit myself on the head.

“O…K… what is this call in regards to?” She asked.

“Um, I’m returning his phone call regarding a job offer that I received in the mail…” I explained.

“Oh ok. Christine right?” she replied.

“Uh, yeah.” I answered while covering the receiver and whispering to Samantha, “She knows my name…” we smiled.

“Ok, we were expecting your call. I will be assisting you with this process. But before we go any further, can you verify for me if you are calling to accept the offer or denying it?” she questioned.

I thought to myself, “What the hell do you think? DUH! Of course I’m taking the job!”

“Ma’am? Are you still there?” she asked.

“Oh, yeah. I’m here. And yes, I am calling to accept the offer.” I quickly said in excitement.

“Ok. Thanks. Now we will need for you to fly in ASAP. Tomorrow morning would be great. Would that work for you?” she asked.

“Uh, sure. Yes, yes. Tomorrow morning is terrific!” I answered with no time to think.

“Great! Everything is all set up. Check your email for the flight confirmation and I will see you soon.” She said.

“That’s it?” I asked.

“Yes. Is there a problem?” she asked.

“Oh, no. No problem at all.” I replied.

“Great. If you have any further questions, email me back or call this number. My name is Lila. See you soon Christine.” She ended.

“Thanks!” I ended.

I hung up the phone and looked at Samantha speechless. Samantha looked at me, “Are you ok?” she asked.

“…I’m fine. I’m great…” I told her.

“Then why do you not look excited? I feel like I’m more excited than you are.” She said.

“Oh no. Trust me. I’m excited alright. I’m just speechless…” I then looked at her. “Sam… it’s happening. I’m going to Korea. I’m going to be a body guard. For who? I don’t know and I don’t care. As long as I’m there, I’m happy…” I explained.

“I know!” Samantha replied. “I’m so happy for you girl! Don’t forget about me now.” She joked. We laughed and hugged. “Not a chance in hell.” I told her.

We both then ran to my bed room giggling like little school girls and started to pack for my trip to Korea!

While packing, Samantha jokily pointed out, “Oh my gosh Cris. Imagine...” She started while grabbing my scarf and covered her head with it and then threw her hands in the air and tried to paint the picture. “Just imagine… if you were Taeyang’s personal assistant?” I quickly looked at her and grabbed my scarf from her head, “It’s not called a personal assistant; … and who’s Taeyang again?” I asked in confusion.

Samantha looked at me, “You still don’t know?” I just stared at her. “I told you to watch their videos! So you know who you’re going to meet. You said you did.” She started.

Chuckling, I just continued to pack my bag, “I’m sorry Sam! I have better things to do. I have to find a good paying job to pay for my bills. I don’t have time to watch ‘hot’ Korean guys on Youtube and fantasize…” I said while folding my clothes.

“And all this time, I thought you were happy because you were finally going to see hot singers in Korea!” she says.

“Well, I am happy Sam. I’m happy because I’m finally going to get to do something I love. And it’s far away from here; far from Daniel.” I said while looking down.

“You’re still thinking about him, huh?!” she asked while climbing onto my bed where my suitcase laid.

“Well, yeah. I did love him you know?” I tried to explain.

“Well, go on your adventure in Korea and have fun. Let loose. And do things I would do.” She joked as I threw my socks at her.

She then began, “Well, as long as you don’t flirt with my man then I’ll be happy.”

“And who might that be?” I asked.

She then lay down on my bed, took a deep breath while looking so much in love and said, “TOP…”

“TOP?” I laughed. “What kind of name is TOP?” I continued to joke with her.

She got up angry, “Shut up! He’s hot okay.” She threw the socks back at me. “His voice is just so y.” She explained. “Watch, you’ll see it for yourself. Oh, and you better get his autograph for me and cut me a piece of his hair.” I just looked at her and laughed, “Psycho!”

“Imagine if you were his personal assistant?” she began again looking so much in love.

“Yeah, sure; don’t we all wish,” I replied. “And anyways, I’m sure the only body guard needed is probably for YG himself; the big shot. You know big shots always need some type of protection. And stop calling it a ‘personal assistant’. That’s not the name of my job!” I demanded while giving her the evil eye.

“Call it whatever you like. But as far as I’m concern, if you’re running around doing errands for someone and getting paid for it, that’s called a personal assistant.” She says.

“Finished?” I looked at her. “And I’m not running errands. I’m protecting.” I ended.

“Yeah, sure.” She smiled. We both laughed as we continued to pack my things.