Chapter 1

Stubborn Love Between A Diva and A Nerd

You're POV

 

I walked towards the cafe carrying several books with difficulty, it was a typical saturday and being a nerd like I am I spent the first two hours of my saturday morning in the library, it would normally be three hours and a half but I wanted to eat ice cream so badly.

I entered the cafe, a soft bell tinkled above me to show the person in the cashier I was here.

I took my usual seat in the corner of the cafe next to the window, I dumped the books and my shoulder bag onto the table and settled down onto the comfy seat, A familiar waitress came over by the name of Hea, my bestfriend.

I'm a nerd but I can also stand up for myself, unlike others...

 

"Hey! You're early today! Any cute boys you flirted with in the library?" she asked me, I laughed and pointed at my appearance.

I was wearing a yellow t-shirt with the words '2πr', I was also wearing grey baggy sports pants with plain white scruffy high tops, I wore a white sleeveless hoodie on top of my shirt.

My hair was a different matter, it was in a messy bun, my bangs were too long and passed over my eyes, to complete the look I wore thick black nerd glasses, they were the only ones I could afford.

 

"Do you really expect cute guys to flirt with me looking like this?" I asked her, she settled down on the seat opposite me.

"You're cute in a nerdy kind of way, you just gotta get rid of those nerdy and out of fashion glasses, wear contacts and get a haircut!" she cried, I laughed at her even more.

"I don't have enough money! I'm barely even keeping up to pay my rent! If only I could find work in a place like this!" I replied, Hea formed her 'idea' face and squealed.

"The manager was asking if I knew anyone who needed a job! You can work here with me! You can earn some money to pay for your rent and get some new clothes!" she cried, I grinned.

"Can I ask the manager later then? But, can I have my usual miss?" I replied, I glimpsed the familiar shape of the cafe's manager and nudged Hea to warn her, she turned to look and got up.

"Oh! Ok! Coming right up ma'am!" she replied winking before leaving me again.

I laughed quietly before grabbing a book in front of me called 'Love stories Are So Cliché'

Even though I'm reading this, I still believe in true love...

 

After a few minutes Hea came back with a bowl of banana split ice cream, she placed it on my table.

"Here you go~! Enjoy 'You're Majesty'~!" She laughed and did a mock bow before serving a customer who just entered.

Why didn't she come up to me when I came in?

Must be another cute customer...

I picked up my book continued reading and ate my ice cream.

I could see Hea's figure leading the customer a few tables away from me, I ignored the customer and didn't bother looking up.

After awhile the customer coughed, I looked up and stared in shock.

Oh Wow!

She was very pretty and had curly blonde whitish hair tied up into a ponytail.

My heart fluttered, she was staring at me with a smirk on her face, I felt my face warm up.

Oh No! No! No! No!

I can't like a girl! I'm straight as a line!

I grabbed my ice cream bowl and ate some too quickly, which was a mistake because a few seconds later I coughed hysterically.

The pretty girl turned to look at me, I turned red and stopped coughing, covering my face with my book I set the ice cream aside and stood up.

I heard a soft chuckle from the pretty girl's direction.

I hurried to the counter, slamming my money down.

"Oh Hey ~~~~! Hea told me that you needed a job! Would you like the position of being a waitress here?" the manager asked me, I nodded.

"Ye-Yes please!" I stuttered, she smiled and called Hea.

"You'll start tomorrow then! Hea! I think ~~~~ needs you!" the manager said before leaving me at the counter.

Hea emerged moments later, she smirked and looked over my shoulder to the pretty girl.

"You like him don't you?" she asked, I stared at her.

I like him?

WAIT!

WHAT?!?!

HIM?!?!?!?!

"It's a girl Minjee..." I muttered, she laughed loudly which caused the pretty girl to turn around.

"No that's a boy, he's one of our regulars! You came earlier than you usually come and at the time he usually comes!" she laughed even more at my mistake.

"And you never flirted with him?" I scoffed in a low whisper.

"Believe me, I've tried! But that boy over there is you're typical flower boy, he's already gotten used to girls flirting with him, he told me we can just be friend..." she muttered before disappearing to get something from the kitchen.

I was about to leave, but Hea came back.

"The manager wants me to do something, can you give this to him for me? I have to serve those annoying fangirls of his over there." she asked me before putting on a fake smile and headed for the girls who just came in.

I watched the girls enter talking hysterically then giggling when they caught sight of the Flower Boy.

I grabbed the ice cream which was similar to mine.

Weird...

I'm the only one who orders this!

I didn't know someone liked this too!

 

I walked towards his table and he watched me coming over, he was ignoring the group of girls.

 

"Before you confess I noticed you blush earlier, but I would like to tell you that I'm not intrested in...Nerdy unfashionable girls like you-" he scoffed looking me up and down.

That hurt, even if I knew that already...

"Ha! Who said I was intrested? Anyways, who would like a jerk like you? At first you seem pretty nice but now that I've spoken to you, I can't believe those girls over there are intrested in you, I mean I even mistook you for a girl when you came in! Here's you're ice cream dude!" I scoffed back at him, he looked taken aback, I placed the ice cream on his table and walked back to my table.

"He-Hey! Can I speak to you for a sec-" flower boy cried, the group of girls made a sqaucked.

"No can do! Bye~!" I replied, before putting on my shoulder bag, I stacked the books on my table and had difficulty picking them up but managed.

I walked out of the cafe, pushing the door with my and walked out without looking back.

I returned to the library and gave the librarian my books but keeping one called: 'You're Prince Charming'.

 

 

----------

 

Wheeew! The first part is done! ^O^