Hidden

Hidden

Myungsoo was leaning against the wall, watching Suzy wash the dishes. He smiled a little to himself before walking over to Suzy. He stood behind her, still smiling, and back hugged her. Suzy stopped what she was doing and stared straight ahead. He buried his face on her back while Suzy sighed and continued what she was doing. 

When Suzy finished doing the dishes, she went and sat in front of the TV. She got a book out and began to read. Myungsoo went over and sat next to her, taking a peek at what she was reading. 

"You're so intelligent." He whispered to her.

Suzy continued to read, like she didn't hear anything at all. Myungsoo stretched and rested his head on her shoulders. Suzy, still busy reading, didn't have any reactions. When she got bored of reading, she put the book way and switched the TV on. Shut up Flower Boy Band, was currently showing. She leaned back, made herself comfortable and watched it. 

"This show just brings back bad memories." She smiled bitterly. 

"What do you mean?" Myungsoo asked. Suzy didn't answer him. "Do you remember what you told me? The first time we watched this, you told me that the guy called Hyunsoo looked a lot like me."

Still, Suzy didn't say anything. She turned the TV off and dragged herself to the bathroom to take a shower. Myungsoo stayed seated in the couch, opposite the TV. He looked around the place, taking in every detail his eyes could. His eyes stopped at a small table, near the window, which had photo frames standing on it. 

He stood up and walked towards it, his eyes focusing on one of them. He picked it up and looked at it, his fingers tracing the faces on it. 

"I remember the day we took this." He said, still tracing the photo with his finger. "It was our one year anniversary and I planned a surprise party for you." He laughed quietly. "You cried back then." He stared at the photo some more, the photo of which he was hugging Suzy tightly while Suzy stared right at the camera with red eyes from crying. 

He put the photo frame back down and picked up another one. This time, the photo showed both of them smiling while standing under the rain. He smiled as he saw how happy Suzy was in the picture. 

"You loved the rain so much. Why do you hate it now?" He asked the person in the picture. 

As he put that picture back to where he got it, he picked up the last picture. The picture from their wedding day. 

"The happiest moment of our lives." He whispered. "I still keep the promise I made that day. I still don't plan on breaking it." He said with a cold, deep voice. 

He heard the toilet door open and he turned around. He put the picture down before Suzy came out. He watched Suzy walked to the kitchen and make tea. He went over to stand beside her, watching her every move. They locked eyes for a split second, the knock on the door breaking it. 

Suzy opened the door, Myungsoo behind her. She smiled as the recognisable face looked up. 

"Hey." Kris said as a smile crept on his face. "What are you planning to do today?" He ignored Myungsoo like he wasn't there.

Suzy shrugged, "Stay at home"

"Again?" Kris asked, fed up. 

Suzy nodded, "Got a problem?" 

Kris sighed deeply, "Why don't you ever go out anymore?" 

"I just want to be home" Suzy looked at him, her smile disappearing. "What do you want?" 

Kris looked her in the eyes, "My friend back."

"You should go with him, Suzy." Myungsoo whispered in Suzy's ears even though his heart shattered as he said it.

Suzy shook her head, "I'm afraid it's too late for that to happen." 

Kris scoffed, "It's too late" As he said that, he walked away. 

Suzy watched his back as he slowly disappeared. "Take care" She whispered to him. "Take care" 

She shut the door and went back to the kitchen, Myungsoo following her. She sat on the kitchen bench with a cup of tea in her hand. Myungsoo stood in front of her and shook his head gently. 

"I'm sorry." He began. "Look what I've done to you. I thought I saved you but..." He trailed off. 

Suzy looked at her tea and began crying. She closed her eyes and a teardrop fell in her tea. 

Myungsoo attempted to wipe her tears away, "I didn't know that you'll end up like this. I didn't know this was going to happen." He continued. "Suzy, you need to go out there and face the real world. You need to go have some fun, meet new friends and enjoy your life. Don't lock yourself here. It's not fun here." 

Suzy looked up and took a deep breath, "Calm down, Suzy." She said to herself. 

"Suzy, please. Do it for me. Please, Suzy. Don't give up. Please." Myungsoo begged. He didn't know why he was saying this because Suzy probably wouldn't do as he says.

Suzy found herself breaking into a million pieces again. "You've done so well, Suzy. Don't let this ruin all your hard work." She said to herself again. 

Myungsoo hugged her tightly, kissed her forehead and took a few steps back. "Suzy... I've realised it now. I've known it all along but I was too stubborn to admit it. We both know I'm the reason why you're acting like this." Myungsoo lowered his head and silence filled the gaps between them. "This is why I'm going to leave you. It's for the best. I won't be able to see you again if I do this, but I know it'll do you good. Just remember, I'll always be watching you and protecting you from the sidelines. Always." 

Myungsoo took another step back, "I love you, Suzy. I'll keep my promise that I made, that we made." Myungsoo took another step back, "Until death do us apart." He repeated that one line he said in their wedding, a part of their promise they made to each other. 

As he said the things he wanted, Myungsoo left.

 

(One week later)

Suzy walked over to the window. She pushed the curtains aside and let the sun bounce at everything object it hits, including her. She looked outside and watched happy little children play. However, the reflection of the small table with photo frames standing still on it. The same small table the Myungsoo once went over to look at. 

She took a few steps to the table (it wasn't that far away). She picked up the wedding picture and smiled thoughtfully. 

"I'm never going to break the promise, Myungsoo" She said as she looked at her husband's smiling face in the picture. "I use to be able to feel your presence around me." Suzy's smile slowly faded away. "I can't feel it anymore." She paused as she put the picture down. She walked back to the window and looked outside.

"Where did you go?" She asked her dead husband.