A Playful Relationship?

A Playful Relationship?

 

I looked over at the clock.

Dag nagit. It’s only 10:30?! I know he’s drained by now.

 

Every Friday at precisely 9:30 pm, he leaves to gym for an hour and a half to workout.

Of the 4 years we’ve been in this relationship, 11pm has never come this sluggish.

Come on, SuHo. It doesn’t usually take you this long~

Mid thought, my phone vibrates. I received a text from him.

From: SuHo jagiya

Hey loser, are you still up? Probably not… I was going to surprise you, but if you’re sleeping never mind. Sleep.

 

Aish! He knows I’ll stay up until he comes back. What time is it now, 10:45? He must be on the way home then.

 

To: SuHo jagiya

You know I’m still up, egg face, why are you teasing me?

Bammer chinga, shugga chum chum

What the heck?

That mean I love you =)

So cheesy, you are! you make me want to write “I miss you” on a rock and throw it at your face, just so you can know how much it hurts without you here. =D I know you’re not texting and driving again. Didn’t I tell you about that?

….

No reply.

I figured he was texting and driving. That pabo, I hope he gets my sarcasm. He’s so innocent sometimes.

I lie back on my pillow and wait. I looked at the clock yet again.

11 pm exactly.

That’s funny; he’s usually in the house by now. Him and his punctualities, tsk.

My phone vibrates again.

 

Come downstairs.

Uh, no. It’s late and cold outside. I’m not about to get sick. How about you come upstairs ;D

Come downstairs, please.

Do I have to? Is it important? Are you dying?

=’(

Fineee. I’ll be down in 5.

 

I put on some sweat pants and one of his hoodies and walk down to the parking lot of our apartment complex. I can see him leaning against his car with his arms crossed.

“Wae? Why am I outside at nearly midnight? Are you not cold? Where’s your jacket? If I get sick, I swear you’re gonna pay-”

He puts his hand over my mouth. “Shhh, I’m fine. Stop talking so much, geez.”

I smacked his hand away and sighed. “Fine. Just answer my question: Why are we out here?”

“Why so many questions? Can’t we just be outside for a while?” He chuckles.

“In this cold? Yea, no. I’ll see you when you’re sick.” I began to walk back inside, but he wouldn’t let me. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me onto his lap.

He snuggled his face in my neck. “You can’t go back in yet.”

“SuHo,” I pleaded, “it’s cold out here. Please let’s go back in.”

“If you love me, you’ll stay here with me.” He bargained.

“If you love me,” I countered, “You’ll come back inside with me.”

“I do love you, but I don’t want to go in yet. Look at the stars, aren’t they pretty? I thought you liked looking at the stars with me.”

Why is he suddenly so bizarre? What is he trying to prove here?

“You know these things already, why are you acting weird? What is it, tell me.”

“Nothing. I just want to be under the stars with you tonight.”

“Can we do this some other time? It’s so cold out her. Joon Myun, please~”

I called his real name, in hopes that it’ll work.

“Actually, there is something…”

“What? Is it work? Did something happen at the gym? SuHo…”

“What do you think of our relationship?”

“Umm…” his question caught me off guard. “ We’re very… playful?”

“Hmm. A playful relationship… Really?”

“Yea, I guess. Playful, but we know where each other's hearts are.”

“So, you love me?”

Again, with the random questions!

“Are we playing 20 Questions? I don’t have time for this, SuHo. It’s cold-”

“Do you?”

Oh… He’s serious?

“Yes, of course. You know I love you.”

“Yeah… okay… I love you, too.”

I narrowed my eyes at him from the side, “Prove it. Scream it to the world.” I challenged him as I sat on his lap still.

It got silent.

“Yah, did you hear-”

My words were cut off as SuHo softly spun me around to face him. He gave me a modest look. He stood up and lowered his lips to my ear.

“I love you.” He whispered.

“Why’d you whisper it to me?” I asked hesitantly.

“Because you are my world.”

-Speechless-

He gently kissed my cheek and pulled me back onto his lap as he leaned against the car again. He snuggled me again and slipped something into my hand.

I looked down and saw the small, black box. Dumbstruck, I got up and looked at him.

“Joon-Myu… Su- SuHo, wh-what’s this?”

He took the box from me and held it. “I promised you a surprise, didn’t I?”

My eyes began to water.

“Of the 4 years we’ve been together, I haven’t thought of anything else than making you mine forever. I just want you, that’s it. All of your smiles, giggles, jokes, flaws, your sarcasm.”

His heartily laughed made me weakly smile.

“I never want you to feel as if you’re in competition with any other girl. I want to make you feel secure and at home when you’re with me. It’s hard for me to do this because, well, as you know, my last proposal was thrown back in my face-”

“Shh,” I tried to stop the memories from replaying through his mind. I cupped his face with my right hand and held his free hand with the left. I saw the hurt starting to show in his eyes. “It’s okay now, I’m here with you.”

He looked up at me as a tear rolled down my face. He smiled and wiped it away with his thumb. “I know. That’s how I know I’m making the right choice. You don’t know how special you are to me. You’re everything good in my life. I’m so thankful for the life we’ve made together. This is this box is me giving my heart to you.” He opened the box and took my hand off his face. As he took the ring out the box, silent tears ran down my face.

“Do you…” He looked up and into my eyes. “Will you accept my love?”

He wiped my tears away as I shook my head ‘yes’.

“Yes! Yes! Yes!” I jumped up and down as he tried to put the ring on my finger.

“Okay, okay, stop jumping! You’re gonna make me drop it!”

“Sorry,” I sniffled and tried to stand still. Once the ring was on, I looked at it and threw my arms around his neck as he spun me around in the air.

“I love you, Joon Myun.” He sat me down and kissed my forehead.

“Do you really?”

“No, I don’t.”

His eyes grew big.

“That’s why I just accepted your proposal, pabo.” I flicked his head and tried to run, but he caught me before I could get anywhere.

He pulled me back into his arms and merely glowered at me. “Where do you think you’re going?”

“Err…” I melted under his gaze. Comeback, I need a comeback.

“Nowhere now.” I flashed my right hand to show him the ring and he smiled.

“I though you would say that.” He picked me up bridal style as he stole a kiss from me.

“Whoa~,” I giggled, “Now what are you planning to do?”

He walked through the apartment door and up the stairs. “SuHo~ tell me~” We reached the door of our apartment and he stopped.

He looked down at me in his arms and smirked, “You’ll find out soon...”

 

 

Whoot!

Whatcha think?? o.O

I might write more, I dunno yet =/

You'll find out soon...

Soori ♥