holding hands

30 Days Of Love

 

 

Holding hands;
Luhan/Sehun | sad | 852w

 

It can give feelings of comfort, protection and safety

Walking around any town or city, you are bound to see strolling couples almost unaware that they’re locked in palm-kiss. Why do romantic couples hold hands? Oh Sehun’s wondering this too. Since when is the holding hands with Luhan started? He doesn’t know. Though, he can’t ignore the feeling of comfort, protection and safety. It’s normal right for friends to hold hands and walk around? Sure. With Luhan by his side, palm in his, he feels like a person who needs to be led through the dark, it makes Sehun feel like Luhan’s being there to guide him if he ever needs someone to lean on. Because he knows, Luhan will be there, holding him. That kind of person is Luhan. You can count on him. The maknae is comforted to have Luhan offer a helping hand to catch him or at least help pull him up if he falls along the way. That’s why he is his favorite hyung.

From the time when they started to hold hands, Sehun kept saying to himself; it’s normal. It is normal. But not the single feeling that’s making him feel so high and… lost. He feels lost.

 

It says “I love you” or at the very least “I like you” without words

Why is he sitting on his bed, Joonmyeon left fifteen minutes ago, and he can’t seem to move a muscle. Deep in thought, eyes fixed on nothing in particular. His hand is still burning because Luhan wanted to hold his hand through the airport and now it won’t stop itching. Hurting. Sehun remembers saying no in his mind and trying to pull his hand back, with a smile, but Luhan didn’t budge. “Come on…” he mumbles and closes his eyes tightly wanting so badly to forget the feeling of his palm on his, trying to forget… “Damn.”

He doesn’t like this foreign feeling flaming his heart.

 

It says “you’re not alone”, “you’re accepted”, “you belong”

He doesn’t know when he has fallen asleep or why the moment he opened his eyes, a fluff blonde hair appeared in front of his heavy, sleepy eyes. “Hyung?” he says with a quiet voice and starts to nudge Luhan’s shoulder. The older boy pouts and shakes his head, leaning his cheek on Sehun’s shoulder, also taking his breath away. “You were crying, Hun.” Sehun holds his breath and tries at least to bring a chuckle out. “Oh, I was? Maybe in my dream…”

“No.” Luhan interrupts him and hugs his waist tightly, almost desperately. “I’m your Hyung. You can’t lie to me, Hun. Don’t forget… You’re not alone.” And holds his hand.

Sehun gives him a soft nod, tiny smile on his lips and hidden burning tears in his eyes.

 

It fulfills the basic human need for touch, which makes us feel good

Sehun needs his touch.

But why is he suddenly acting to strange towards Luhan? He is ignoring him. Avoiding him. Luhan is not dumb and the maknae could feel the desperation shining through Luhan’s eyes the moment he came to ask him what was wrong. Nothing is wrong, Sehun answers looking away and Luhan gives him a deep sigh before taking his hand. “Don’t!” the sudden yell makes Luhan walk backwards, shocked, and stutters: “I’m s-sorry, Hun…”

“Don’t call me that. Don’t touch me!”

This makes the other ten boys in the living room look at them confused. It is the first time. But Sehun continues: “Go away, Luhan.”

Sehun doesn’t feel good; he is looking into Luhan’s eyes with such pain and hatred that got the older boy shiver. “I’m sorry… I…” and then he fluff haired boy disappeared into his shared room.

“What’s wrong with you Sehun?”

He doesn’t know. He needs his touch.

It scares him…

…more than anything.

 

30 day otp challenge
day1: holding hands
go to master list.