Chapter 8

Back to 2012

 

 

Seoul, April 2015

Junho took me out to dinner at a fancy restaurant in Seoul. A romantic piano instrument heard throughout this room. I was a bit surprised when all of a sudden he took me to this expensive restaurant only just for dinner, cause usually we just go to the ramyeon stall or something for dinner even though we had enough money to go to this kind of restaurant every day.

Junho looked more handsome than usual. He was wearing a tuxedo that made him look 100000x more handsome, I guess. He was more quiet. He just spook a few words since he picked me up earlier.

Why is he acting strange tonight? He took me to a fancy restaurant ... By wearing a tuxedo ... He silently looked nervous ....

Ooh?! What date is  today?

I quickly took the phone out of my clutch bag to see what date now. Afterwards, I peeked my phone ...

2nd April 2015

I closed my mouth. It means ... Today ... Our anniversary... So ... Junho did this all  on purpose. Is it to celebrate our anniversary? Um ... I wondered what he would do secretly. Is he going to propose to me?

Ah ... I shouldn’t be expecting too much.

"Um ... Junho-yah, "I called.

"Hm?"

"Do ... you ... know ... what day is it? "I asked nervously.

He frowned. "Wednesday?" he asked innocently.

Ah ... it seems that he really didn’t remember that today’s our anniversary.

"Anii ... Forget it, "I said curtly.

His eyes rounded suddenly. "Aah ... Is today our anniversary? "

My eyes rounded. "So you remember it?”.

He nodded. "Ne," he said simply. Then, he continued eating I was a bit disappointed with his short answer. He was not enthusiastic about our anniversary.

I was a little disappointed tonight because it was not as I had imagined. We were silent for some time. There's no word that came from our lips. Only the sound of the piano was heard. And i thought it didn’t romantic anymore.

"Junho-yah ...," I called. Broke the silence.

He looked up. "What else?"

I mumbled a moment. "Um ... Are ... you .... not planning to propose to me, "I asked cautiously.

The look on his face changed, he seemed to think hard. I'm very worried about the answer. "I'm ... I'll think about it, "he said simply.

I breathed in disbelief. I was very disappointed to hear the answer. Mixed feelings. I feel like embarrassing yourself in front of strangers.

"Ah ...," I muttered. Then resume eating again.

We kept silent until we finish our meals. Somehow this to be very strange. We both became very awkward. In fact we have three years of dating and usually we never like this.

Is Junho are getting bored with me?

          After paying the bill, I and Junho back to the parking lot to get into the car. Again, we were not talking. I glance at Junho, he looked repeatedly wiped sweat althought tonight was cold.

He went to open the car door for me, as usual. I went and sat. He followed. But he was silent for a moment.

"So Eun-ah ...," he called. Broke the silence.

"Hm?"

"Can you take the red box on the dashboard?" he asked.

I hesitated, then opened the car dashboard. I picked up a small red box located in it. "This box?"

"Yes. Now open it" he said.

I opened it up ... Inside the box there is a very beautiful diamond ring ...

 

 

Suddenly I can not say anything. "Is ... Is ... This .... "

Junho looked at me closely, holding my hands a second later. "I know this is a little too late. I know it's not what you expected. I know you're disappointed in me," he said. "I'm just waiting for the right moment. Just you and me."

He looked straight at my eyes seriously. "Kim So Eun, will you marry me?"

 

 

 

 

Seoul, March 2016

          "Eeeee ... Junho-ssi, you should have proposed to her at the fancy restaurant, right? But why did you propose So Eun in the car?" asked Suzy.

Junho sighed. "Yeah ... I missed a great moment. But propose a girl was not as easy as you think, "he said. "I was very nervous at that moment."

I smiled. "But it's okay for me. I'm glad that Junho proposed me finally,"

Junho glanced at his watch. "It's lunch time already. Why don’t we have lunch togheter?"

I nodded, "Yes, we have to go now. Suzy-yah, would you go to lunch with us?"

Suzy hurriedly shook his head. "Anii ... I'm definitely not going to bother you ... Anyways I will also pick Jason up at daycare soon, "she said.

I nodded. "Arasso, we go first then. Thanks for the wedding invitations that you make, it's very beautiful. "

 

 

 

 

Seoul, April 2015

The next day...

"Did Omma allow us to get married?"

I asked Junho when we were both out of my house. Junho had just had a serious meeting with Omma. He had just asked permission to marry me. Had personally meeting with Omma, only with Omma, just Junho and Omma. Even I should not be there.

Junho just smiled teasingly, "Guess it?"

I hissed irritably. "You chincha....," I pretend to sulky. But actually I knew for sure Omma would allow us to get married. It’s not a big problem for Junho to convince Omma, because I know that Omma loved Junho so much, even more than she love me.

Junho took my hand, led me walking down the sidewalk. Junho unusually parked very far from my house. "Why did you park your car far away?" I asked him.

"Today I'll take you to some place. But this time we had to take the train. Because it quite far from here, "he said.

"Chincha? Ooh ... is the place was out of town? "I asked curiously.

He looked at me with a smile teasing again. "Guess it?"

I hit his arm. "You're really frustrated me," I said.

He laughed and then pretended in pain. "How could you beat your future husband like that?" he said.

I hissed upset and pretend to be angry. He is getting laughs, and then put his arm on my shoulder. "Hahaha ... You'll see, you'll definitely know where we're going. "

He breathed. "Aaah ... This morning's cold, right?" he said, then he tighten his arms to me, "Is it warm enough for you?" asked him.

I glanced at him and nodded with a smile. All he did for me has always made ​​me comfortable. I feel protected when he is with me.

We turned towards the train station. Then took a train headed Jeonju who spent less than 2 hours.

 

Once up there, we took the taxi to get somewhere.

"Would you have guessed we will where?" Said Junho. We were in a taxi heading to some place.

I nodded slowly. I have guessed when I knew that we were going to Jeonju earlier. Because ... Jeonju is the place ....

"We’re here," said Junho. He got out of the taxi and went to open the door for me. I got out of the taxi slowly.

I looked at the place that located right in front of me with a look of sadness. There ... Is where Kim bum rest. There ... is a place where Kim Bum  sleep ... forever ...    

Because Jeonju is where Kim Bum was buried.

Junho took my hand into this cemetery complex. I bowed my head, hiding the look of woe on Junho.

Then we stopped in front of a tombstone bearing the name of Kim Bum. Junho headstone for a moment and then said, "Hey bro, you've probably never seen me before," said Junho. "I’m Junho. Lee Junho. I am taking care of your lovely besfriend So Eun while you're gone. Don’t worry, I think I have kept her well, although she often scolded me but that's okay. I also kept Omma very well, so you can rest there, "

Junho tombstone again. "Bro, you might know So Eun longer than me. You probably understand her more than I did. And I think ... I think you're the best person in this world who complete So Eun," Junho said softly. "I know you're still look after her from your place called heaven. But ... May I keep  So Eun in the world? May I be her fellow until she close her eyes and follow you up there?"

Both my eyes heated. Tears came out of the corner of my eyes. Memories of Kim Bum in my head was turned back on. As we first met on the first day of primary school ... As he was always waiting for me at the park near the train station to go to school together ... As we often buy ddokbuki and ramyeon at night ... As he often 'use me' to make women jealous love ...

I still didn’t believe it when Kim Bum's gone, still in disbelief. I still think he's still smiling, still laughing, still joking as usual.

"I promise to take care of her much better than this. I promise not to make her sad. And I promise not to disappoint you with this. Because ..., "Junho glances, then grabbed my head and leaning my head on his chest. "Because I love So Eun ... From the deepest of my heart .... I love Kim So Eun."

Kim Sang Bum ... In the letter you say that you're going to send someone to replace you. And now I believe that he's ... Lee Junho ... a person you sent me to replace you take care of me in this world. Thank you for sending me the best man in the world...

 

***

 

"Marry you ... requires a permit of many people," said Junho. He grabbed my hand while walking on the sidewalk in a quiet streets of Jeonju. The flowers were falling scattered around us.

"I've asked to my parents permission ... To Omma .... To Kim bum ... But there is one is missed. Actually I was asking his permission. But this time I'll take you to his house, we will ask for permission together, "he said.

I looked at Junho curious. "Who do you mean?" I asked.

He stopped for a while, smiling at me and then clean up the fallen petals in my hair. "God. He is the most important and we have to ask permission to Him," he said.

I smiled as i nodded. "I'm glad I found you."

 

 

 

Seoul, March 2016.

          Restaurant.

          "This wedding invitation is very beautiful," said me. "Now let’s think of everyone who will we invite? First ... Suzy and Taecyeon, Wooyoung and Ji Eun, Nichkhun oppa and Victoria unnie, Chansung-ie umm ..., "I said while write the names on the invitation.

          "I think there’s someone left," muttered Junho.

"Who?" I asked in surprise.

We looked at each other for a moment and then shouted together, "Mr. Park!!"

 

 

 

Seoul,  April 2015.

          We entered a church which located in the corner of the street. The church is very beautiful and very quiet. Just me and Junho was here. We went to sit in the middle seat and lift our hands to pray ...

          “Dear God, from the deepest of my heart, thank You for being with me all the way, for never leaving me, for loving me. And thank You for creating a perfect creature just like a man beside me. A man who always protect me, caring me and loving me... Thank You for bringing me  to him. If I was destined with him, i hope our love will forever and everlasting.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

sorry it's been a long time guys... one more chapter to go... 

hint: it'll be junsso wedding :)

PS: for the bumsso shipper, just be patient for the bonus chapter :)

thank you for reading :) and please leave a comment for what do you want for the next :) :)