Five Days of Autumn

Five Days of Autumn

  Day 1:

  I’m walking in the streets, minding my own business, wondering whether or not if I should go to school. I mean, it’s the first day! Who cares about the first day? All you do is listen to the welcome speech and see what class you’re in. Oh, and you get homework. I don’t need that on my first day back.

  It was cold for being autumn, but wait until winter comes. I’ll be wearing a huge winter coat rather than this jacket.

  As I was walking down the street, I blow puffs of smoke for the heck of it. Like I said, I’m still contemplating whether I should go to school or not. Under my feet, I could hear crunching sounds, annoying the crap out of me. Why do leaves have to make so much noise?

  I swing my bag around as if it was a baton. Boredom was getting to me and I know that was a bad thing. Suddenly, I swing my bag the wrong way and it hit me square on the face. Ouch. Yeah, I’m never doing that again.

  I stop just to rub my cheek where I was hit and look up. I never realize I was standing in front of the abandoned house, or so I thought it was abandoned. I stare closely at the house and find the window wide open, which I usually see closed, but find no one there. A shiver went down my spine as I believe the house was haunted. Who wouldn’t think that way? No one has seen anyone go in or out of that house. That’s what I heard, but people in our neighborhood lie a lot especially since the ones who told me are my friends. With a scratch of my head, I start my day once again.

  I’m right! My day did end up like I said. I listened to the boring speeches about the rules and how oh-so-happy to see that everyone has chosen this school to attend. Yeah, yeah. I bet they just want to kill us after the first week…

  Then comes the classrooms. I did find my friends, but they weren’t in the same class as me. They are either older, younger, or smarter than me, so I’m basically alone in my classroom with idiots who prejudge by their looks. Whatever, I can survive without making new friends. My friends now are enough.

  But the worse thing about today was the assignments. All in the first day, the teachers bombarded us with class work and homework to do at home! High school . I’d rather go back to elementary school and actually have fun on the first day. Oh well, this year will probably fly like the rest.

  Now walking home was even worse. The temperature drops and the sky is a smoky gray. Way to bring my mood up… Again, out of boredom I swing my bag around until it hit me on my face again, but this time my stuff fell. I really need to stop doing that.

  I pick up my stuff and look up. Once again, I’m standing in front of the abandoned house and once again, I feel a shiver up my spine. I shake it off and sling my bag over my shoulders but my things fall out again. “Oh my god! What is going on!” I notice my bag ped. Did I forget to zip it? I don’t remember.

  As I was picking up my things again, I hear a small giggle. My heads shoots up but I see no one around me. Out of instinct, I look up, finding a girl about my age staring out the window and out at me. But the moment our eyes meet, she gasps and retreats into her room.

  I continue to stare at the window, eyes wide and blinking. Did I just see what I think I saw? Was there actually someone in that house?! I grab my things and stand straight. “Hey you!” I shout. “Hey! You! Girly!” I continue to shout, trying to get that girl back to the window sill. “I’m talking to you! You know it’s rude ignoring people!”

  Moments later, I see the girl once again. This time I got a good look at her.

  Her skin was as pale as snow while her hair was a jet black color. Her eyes were a deep black and piercing as they stare deep into mine. They were intimidating but I didn’t feel threatened.

  “What’s your name?” I ask, still shouting.

  “Su Min,” she replies quietly but loud enough for me to hear.

  I just stare at her. Why have I never seen her before?

  “What’s your name?” Su Min asks.

  “Moon Jongup.” I say coolly. I turn my head away and look around. There was no one around, but I’m wondering if someone is watching us. I mean, people say no one lives there but here’s living proof that someone does, so I’m sure they were lying to me. They’re also probably pulling a prank on me! “What are you doing up there?” I ask, looking back at her.

  “This is my room.”

  “Why don’t you come out?”

  “I can’t.”

  “Why not?” I bet she is annoyed by me because I keep asking questions. I certainly will.

  She gazes around her room before answering me. “My parents won’t let me.”

  “What?”

  “They want me to stay here. They don’t want me to leave this house because they said the world is a dangerous place for a girl like me.”

  What nonsense! Who in the world would believe in those tales? It’s kind of true, but not everything is dangerous in the world. There’s always some good sprinkled here and there. Of course I didn’t say that, instead, “Okay… Whatever.” I scratch the back of my head. “I guess your parents don’t want you to talk to strangers, too. So I’m just going to go.” I start walking away. After about ten steps I turn around, hoping to still see the girl, but she was gone. I shrug it off. I guess I was right about her parents not wanting her to talk to strangers.

∞∞∞

  Day 2:

  I’m walking to school once again at the same path, but this time I’m more conscious than the first. When I was close to the house, I keep my bag still and walk very slowly. I wonder if she goes to school or if she even wakes up this early.

  I raise my head and find the window open, but no girl. I guess she’s asleep. It’s not my problem, but why do I feel like talking to her? “Ah! it.” I grumble to myself and pace away from the house and to school.

  Define school.

  My definition:

  School (n): A place where students die while listening to lectures, doing class work, and receiving homework.

  Synonyms: Prison, Work, Hell

  Yes, that what basically happens in my mind. I’m dying as each hour passes with more and more work stacking up on my desk. I do them, but not full heartedly. I do enough to pass, but when it comes to the test, I actually study and that’s how I survive school and advance to the next grade level.

  And so, I’m walking back home, finding myself stopping at the same house and seeing the window open. I don’t know why but I shout, “Hey! Su Min! Are you there?” I wait for a couple of seconds, but she didn’t come out. I heave a sigh and was ready to leave until I hear and soft voice.

  “Jongup? Is that you?”

  I look up. I roll my eyes and shook my head. “Of course it’s me! Who else do you think it is? I am the only one who speaks to you right?”

  She shrugs. “Maybe. I really don’t remember who I actually talk to because they go away after five days.”

  My eyes widen. “What do you mean? Do they disappear? Are you a killer?”

  Su Min giggles. “No. They just don’t visit anymore.”

  “Oh.” I was sorry for her. She was like a caged bird, wanting to fly but never getting to chance to. Or so that’s what I’m thinking. I don’t even know this girl that well.

  “Do you have a lot of friends?” She asks.

  Now she’s the one asking questions today. “Mm… Enough.” By enough, I meant five. I only have five true friends and the rest aren’t even acquaintances. It’s always either you’re my friend or you’re not. It’s never in between.

  “Enough? What do you do with them?”

  “What do you mean?”

  “Do you actually go to the mall and hang out?”

  I chuckle. “The mall? That’s a girl thing! Guys don’t go to malls unless they’re checking out girls, but I don’t do that. Guys go to the arcade or game stores. That’s where we hang out and shop. Not like you girls who shop for clothes, make-up, and all those stuff.”

  “Which ones better?”

  “For you? Maybe shopping at the mall.” I cross my arms over my chest. “You never been outside that house have you?”

  “I have,” Su Min says and bites her bottom lip. “I never left the house for eight years.”

  My eyes widen. “And how old are you?”

  “Sixteen.”

  Huh. She is Zelo’s age. “So you never left your house since you were eight?”

  She scratches her hair and makes a face. “I-I think so?”

  “Can’t you do math?!”

  “I sure can!”

  “Then subtract sixteen from eight!” What is wrong with this girl? It’s simple math and she’s questioning me! I may be lazy, but I’m not stupid!

  “Okay, okay! That’s eight, but it doesn’t feel like it should be eight…” Her voice begins to trail as her eyes become distant.

  I face palm myself and groan. “Whatever. It’s eight and I’m done arguing about that because I know I’m not wrong unless you told me the wrong year.” I’m starting to get frustrated by this girl but I didn’t want to leave yet.

  “Maybe I did give you the wrong year…”

  “Oh my… Never mind.” I shake my head, ashamed of this girl. But after a while, I couldn’t help but laugh at this girl. Yes, she’s definitely annoying, but very interesting.

  Su Min laughs with me. She looks behind her, then back at me. “I have to go, Jongup, but I’ll see you here tomorrow?” She makes it sound like I’ll never see her again.

  “I’ll be here.” I say softly.

  She smiles and disappears into the room.

  I stay there for a moment, staring at the empty space where Su Min used to be. I wonder how she’s able to live like that without leaving that house. Do her parents bring her food from outside and leave her there alone? Do they visit in the middle of the night and disappear to somewhere else? I don’t see any car or maybe it’s in the garage? Who knows? But I’m definitely not going to break that promise I made for her. I’m going to visit her no matter how much I hate this cold weather.

∞∞∞

  Day 3:

  For the first time I was in a rush to get ready for school. I actually was ready in half an hour which was a first because I usually take my time, dreading another day of school. I just wish the weekends would come. Maybe I can get Su Min out of that house and come with me to wherever she wants to go.

  I grab my school bag and head out the door pacing as fast as I can to reach the house. If I’m late to school, it doesn’t matter because I hated school anyways. The closer I got to the house, the cooler the temperature got. Shouldn’t it be warmer since the sun is shining?! Oh wait, it’s not.

  I reach the house and find the window open but no Su Min once again. It seems like she’s never in her room in the morning or she’s asleep. Whichever one it was, I didn’t want to bother her. What if she gets in trouble and her parents would never let her open the window ever again.

  I didn’t take the risk and heave a deep sigh. Maybe I’ll talk to her after school like I always do. It doesn’t hurt to wait right, but that also means I have to wait eight hours, being tortured by teachers and principals. I wonder how long that will take…

  I walk away from the house and towards school. I’m early and I don’t like it. I kind of wish I didn’t wake up so early just to be disappointed in the end.

  I head straight to my classroom and sit at my desk, putting my head down. Might as well catch some sleep while I’m here.

  “What are you doing here at this time, Jongup?” I hear a voice next to me.

  I raise my head, finding Zelo next to me. “Why? I can’t be here early.”

  “Calm down. I don’t mean to offend you. I’m just asking cause I never seen you here so early. You usually come here five minutes before the bell. Did your parents kick you out?” He chuckles.

  I smirk. “No. I just felt like it.”

  Zelo tilts his head. “Are you okay?”

  “Why?”

  He presses his hand on my forehead.

  I jerk away and slap his hand away. “I’m fine!”

  Zelo rubs his stinging hand and pouts. “No need to be so grumpy Grumpy! I’m just asking and checking if you’re okay because you’re acting weird suddenly.” Suddenly, he gasps and snaps his fingers. “You found a girl!”

  “What?!”

  He continues snapping his fingers in rhythm. “So I’m right?!”

  “N-no!”

  “You’re stuttering!”

  “Shut up!” I could tell my cheeks were bright red but I continue to deny it. After all, I don’t like this girl! I just think she’s interesting! I slam my hands on the table and stand, still not reaching Zelo’s height but that doesn’t mean I can’t be intimidating.

  “Hey! Chill! I’m just teasing!” Zelo mutters under his breath and straightens his uniform. “There definitely is a girl if you’re acting this way.”

  I open my mouth but words wouldn’t come out.

  He smirks. “I knew it, so who is she?”

  “I don’t want to tell you,” I mumble.

  “What?”

  “I said I don’t want to tell you!” I say much louder.

  “No need to shout. Gosh…” He rubs his ear and makes a face, cringing his nose. “Girls really do change guys, huh?”

  “I-”

  “No. Stop denying,” Zelo interrupts and continues, “I’m thinking this girl is older than you, hotter than you, and too good to be true.” He pats my back.

  I glare at him.

  “I’m kidding! I’m kidding! But I’m serious. Who is this girl?”

  “I’ll tell you later.”

  “Alright. You better!” He exclaims and spins on his heels. “Well, I’m going to my classroom. I’ll see you at lunch!” With those words, he leaves me at my desk, alone.

  I sit back down, taking deep breaths. My heart was beating fast and loudly in my chest and I didn’t know how to control it. Well duh, no one can control their heart beat. What am I thinking?

  I hit my head on my desk and let it lie there while I close my eyes. I hate waiting so I’ll just sleep until school actually starts.

  Of course I got in trouble for sleeping and was delayed after school for an hour. It was making me jumpy because I didn’t want to keep Su Min waiting. I’m mostly hoping she wasn’t mad at me.

  When I’m released, I run out the door and head straight to the house. To my relief, I find her staring out the window, longingly. Her eyes were distant as she was thinking about something. I hope she wasn’t thinking about me and how I almost abandoned her.

  Just when she was about to leave the window, I call out, “Su Min!”

  She stops and follows my voice. When she spots me, she gives a soft smile. “Hi, Jongup.”

  I, too, smile unknowingly. I stand in front of the house, on the driveway and look up at her. “Did you wait long?”

  “No. I don’t think so.”

  I shake my head. “You really need to count your times more often.”

  She doesn’t say a word.

  I scratch the back of my head. “Is there something wrong?”

  “Something wrong?” She repeats, distant.

  “You don’t seem so well.”

  She shakes her head. “I’m just thinking… I thought you left me.” Her dark eyes gaze at mine. “I thought you were like the others who would leave me after five days.”

  “I’ll never do that to you,” I mutter, not loud enough for her to hear, but what I did say out loud still applies to what she stated earlier. “I’m just late because my stupid teacher held me back.” I scoff. “School’s pointless.”

  “No it’s not,” she says softly.

  “That’s what you think because you haven’t been there! It’s just filled with stupid people who gossip and cause drama. Most of them have their own clicks and bully others who aren’t like them. And the teachers just talk and talk and talk and talk and nothing else! Then they give you work to do at home and want it by the next day! They don’t give you two days! They give you a day!” I could keep on ranting, but I didn’t want to bore her with facts.

  “At least you can go to school…”

  That hit me. She has never been out of that house for eight long years. She has missed so much in her life. I wish I can change that.

  “You shouldn’t take school for granted. At least you have friends and experience different events everyday. At least you have freedom!” Her voice was rising with each word she said, causing a sting in my heart. “At least you can live a normal life with people around you other than nothing!”

  Those words hit me hard and I flinch. “Su Min.”

  “At least you can continue your life learning new things unlike me!” With those words, she leaves the window.

  “Su Min!” I yell, calling her to come back. “Su Min!” I continue to shout her name, but she never came.

∞∞∞

  Day 4:

  I’m at my desk at school, feeling like crap. I didn’t check on Su Min this morning, afraid that she’s mad at me. I hit my head on the desk constantly, grumbling and mumbling to myself nonsense that I don’t even understand. I don’t know what I’m going to do since I’m scared to speak to her again. What if she gets even more ticked off at me for coming? What if she ignores me?

  “AH!” I scream, earning some bewildered stares. I pay no mind them and continue muttering nonsense.

  “And this is one of the effects and girl can do to a guy,” Zelo’s voice pipes in out of nowhere.

  Without looking up, I mumble, “What do you want, Zelo?”

  “I notice your strange behavior and as your friend, I want to help you.”

  “I don’t need help.”

  “Aha!” He starts nudging me playfully and laughing like crazy. “You’re love struck! You’re so in love that you’re feeling sick to the stomach!”

  “I’m not love struck!”

  “You’re even having those mood swings!”

  I shove him.

  “Oh! And now you’re getting aggressive! This girl really has changed the cold hearted Jongup to a mood swinging girl!” He laughs, but when he sees my hostile look, he got silent. “Gosh, you need to lighten up sometimes, Jongup. You won’t get a girl that way!”

  I just shake my head and roll my eyes. I’m tired of Zelo’s teasing, but I know it won’t stop until I tell her who this girl is. However, I don’t think this is the right time telling him.

  “Anyways, what did she do to you?” This time he was calmer than earlier.

  I sigh through my nose. “I think she’s mad at me.”

  “What did you do?”

  I didn’t want to explain it to him since I wasn’t comfortable with it. “Uh…”

  “Okay, don’t tell me, but I’ll tell you this. You should talk to her about it before it’s too late. Girls hold grudges and it’s scary when they get revenge on you.” He shivers. “That is why I will never get a girlfriend. I mean, have you seen what Himchan’s last girlfriend did?”

  I laugh. “Yeah I remember.”

  We shudder at the same time.

  “So yeah, you should speak to her today.” Zelo continues, “Seems like this girl is special. I mean look at you! You look like .”

  I look at him. Zelo wasn’t the type to cuss, so it was weird hearing him doing so. “I’ll do it after school.”

  “Why not now?”

  Again, I didn’t answer.

  He gasps. “Is she a college student?!”

  “Shut up! No she’s not! She’s your age.”

  “Really?! So I know her?”

  I shake my head. “No.”

  He ruffles his hair. “I give up. Just tell me when you’re ready. I can wait.” Zelo crosses his arms across his chest and looks away from me. Slowly, a smile creeps up on his lips and his eyes trail to me. Suddenly, he grabs my arm, shakes me, and pleads, “Tell me who this girl is! Please! I want to know!”

  “Not yet! Now get off me!” I jerk away from him.

  “Hmph! Fine. Be that way! I’m going to class.” He turns towards the door and waves me goodbye.

  I relax as he was gone and think about what he told me. I should confront her today. I don’t want her to be mad at me because of something simple. But now, how am I going to do that?

  After school, I rush to Su Min’s house and find the window open, but no Su Min. “Su Min!” I yell and rummage through my bag, getting out what I made in class. “Su Min!” I didn’t get a response, so I look around, searching for something to throw. I find a small pebble nearby and throw it below the window. “Su Min!” Still no response. “Whatever.” I don’t care if I don’t see her. I need to at least apologize to her.

  I clear my throat. “I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to offend you yesterday! I was just speaking my mind! I’m an idiot. I know that, but I didn’t think I would actually hurt you like that. So… I’m sorry!” I hesitate before throwing the paper airplane I made, causing it to glide into the room.

  I wait for her, but to my disappointment, she never came. I was hoping to see her again, but not this time. This time she wasn’t there. I hope the airplane got to her and no one else because I only want her to see it.

  I head home without seeing her today. It feels strange, not being able to see her. I mean, it was a routine since the day I met her and once that routine is broken, it seems as if a piece is missing in you.

  Once home, I actually did my homework. I might as well do something to take my mind off of her. Sulking wouldn’t do any good. I still have tomorrow to make it up to her and hopefully I’ll see her.

∞∞∞

Day 5:

  I wake up late, knowing Su Min wouldn’t be at the window this early in the morning. As usual, I go to school, get teased by Zelo, and survive the rest of the school day. By the end of the day, I already knew what I would say to Su Min.

  I stand at the driveway, staring up at the open window. I don’t even remember seeing that window close ever since the day I met Su Min. I’m guessing she has been waiting for me everyday to see if I would come. I wonder if she’s looking at me right now!

  “Su Min!” I call out.

  Immediately, Su Min appears out of the window. She was paler than before and more distant, but I know she’s still there. “Jongup?” She says weakly.

  I bow. “I’m sorry! I don’t know if you heard me yesterday, but I’m sorry! I’m so, so, so, so sorry! I didn’t want to offend you-” I was cut off by her small giggle. Did I do something funny?

  “I heard your confession. It was kind of faint, but I heard it.” She smiles. “And I accept your apology.

  I laugh nervously and ruffle my hair, feeling a bit embarrassed. I hope no one saw me apologizing to her like an idiot yesterday. “Are you busy tomorrow?”

  “Saturday?”

  “Yeah. I was thinking of taking you somewhere. If you can’t leave, I can help you sneak out and we can spend a day together. If your parents catch you and say we can’t see each other again, it’s okay because at least I’ll be with you for a day.”

  “But today is the fifth day…” She mutters.

  “I’m not going to leave you like the others.”

  Su Min’s eyes soften and she stares at me. I feel a shiver down my spine as her dark orbs pierces into my gaze. “You’re not?” She says, voice quivering slightly.

  I shake my head. “I’m not. I promise you. Did you not see my letter?”

  She turns around. “I see it.”

  “Did you read it?”

  Su Min shakes her head. “I didn’t get a chance to.”

  “Oh.” I’m disappointed because I wanted her to read it. I even remember what I wrote, but they’re words I don’t want to say out loud, loud enough for other people to hear. I only want Su Min to hear and read those words, and no one else.

  “You’re not going to leave right now are you?”

  I’m surprised. Why did she think that way? “I’m not going to leave yet. What makes you think that way?”

  “I just feel it. Like I said before, people stop visiting me after the fifth day.” Her voice was filled with sorrow and it was hard not to sense her pain.

  “I’m not going to leave you.” I reassure her. I won’t. There’s no way I’m going to leave a girl like her.

  She chews on her bottom lip and closes her eyes. When she reopens them, she heaves a sigh and says, “If you do, I want you to remember never to take school for granted. It’ll help you in life and you’ll get to have a future with other people.”

  “Don’t say that.” I don’t understand her words. Why is she being so negative?! Didn’t I say I won’t leave her! I’ll even help her get out of that place even if it costs my life! I don’t understand this girl!

  “Just promise me you’ll remember those words.”

  I bite my lip, holding more pleas. “I-I promise.” I mutter.”

  She smiles brightly at me, making it seem like she’s glowing. “I wonder how much the world has changed. I’m really excited for tomorrow. What time will you be here that way I can set my clock to the right time?”

  I tap my chin. It’s a Saturday and I usually sleep in, but maybe this time I’ll wake up early for her. “Ten in the morning? Do you think you’ll be ready by ten in the morning?”

  She nods her head.

  “Alright! I’ll see you tomorrow all ready? But I wonder how I’ll take you out of that house.”

  Su Min laughs. “I’ll think about a way.”

  I laugh with her and for the rest of the hour I speak to her about anything that came into mind before she had to go.

∞∞∞

  Day 6:

  I had set my alarm for nine o’clock yesterday and find myself unable to sleep. This was the first time I actually woke up early on a Saturday. It wasn’t so weird since I’m doing it for only one day. There are so many things I could show and do with Su Min, but I don’t know where to start.

  Oh, I know. I need to start by getting ready.

  After I’m all ready, I call up Zelo, ready to actually tell him who this girl is.

  “Hello?” A groggily voice comes on the other line.

  “Hey Zelo!” I exclaim, very excited.

  “Jongup? What are you doing so early? I have never heard of you waking up before one on a weekend!” Zelo teases, but still tiredly. He chuckles lightly to himself.

  “I’m ready.”

  “Ready for what?” He gasps. “You’re ready to come out of the closet?!”

  “What?! No! What the hell are you thinking?!”

  “I’m just kidding!” Zelo sings. Then seriously, “So you’re gunna tell me who this special girl is?”

  “Yeah. I’m ready to tell you.” I take a deep breath, hesitating. Am I really ready to tell him. “Okay. Her name is Su Min.”

  There was silence in the other line.

  “Zelo? Hello?” Did he hang up on me? I check my cell phone and find him still on the line, but by that short glimpse, I saw the time. “Oh! I have to go! I’ll talk to you about this later.”

  “Wait!”

  It was too late, I already hung up.

  I hum to myself as I walk down the street. I wonder if she’s waiting for me outside or in her room and I also wonder if she her parents let her actually step outside the house just for me.

  I smile and find myself standing in front the house. For the first time, the window was close and dead silent fills the air. A cool breeze blows pass me, causing me to shiver. I hug myself and my eye catches something fallen on top of a bush. I come up to it and my eyes widen.

  For Sale

  What is this? They couldn’t have left last night? It’s impossible! And this sign looks older than a day. It seems like it’s been there for a year! What’s going on?

  My phone rings in my pocket causing me to jump. I answer my phone, already knowing who it was. “Hello, Zelo?”

  “Jongup, can you repeat the name of this girl? Did you just say Su Min? Baek Su Min?”

  “How do you know her last name?” I’m trembling by now, seeing this sign and hearing Zelo talking this way.

  “Jongup. Baek Su Min died eight years ago from cancer. They call her the Five Day Ghost because she only appears for five days to people who need happiness in their life. I kind of suspected it because you did seem happier, but I was hoping I was wrong.” There was a shaky sigh on the other line. “And the parents sold the house last year because they moved on, but no one bought it because of all those rumors. I’m surprised you haven’t heard of them before, but I guess it’s a good thing.” Another pause. “I’m sorry.”

  I couldn’t take it anymore. My phone slips from my hands as I begin to tremble from… Sadness? Sadness? Since when have I actually felt sadness? I fall to my knees as the tears trail down my cheeks. What is going on with me? Why am I acting like this? It’s just a girl right? But then, she was the only one I actually felt like I can relate to her. We were both lonely and needed a little push in our lives, but I never expected it to be like this.

  I wipe my tears and pick up my phone. I look up at the closed window and say, “Zelo, I think I’m going to more serious about my school work now.”

∞∞∞

The Letter

  Dear Su Min,

  I’m sorry. If you’re reading this, that means I probably already spoke to you or I’m a coward. I understand what it’s like to be alone. I understand what it’s like to feel life as bland and boring. But what I didn’t understand and see is all the people around me. I don’t think I could live a day without at least one person in my life. For example, my best friend Zelo. He kept bugging me about you. He wanted to know who you were and what you have done to me. I didn’t tell him because I wanted to keep you a secret for a little while. I’ll probably tell him later…

  I’m not much or a writer, but I do want to say that you’re the first person who I actually opened up ever since my mom died and that was about ten years ago. I only stayed with the friends who I head ten years ago. So I guess that’s an achievement, right?

  I don’t know why, but I keep smiling every time I write a sentence and my teacher is also scolding me. Whatever. I’m going to complete this after the speech.

  Okay, back. Continuing…

  I really wish to see you in the future. Maybe outside of that house of yours. I’m actually thinking of taking you out on Saturday where we could go to the park or get something to drink. Just something simple to start out with. I don’t want to go to the extreme just yet…

  Oh, and another thing, you’ve become one of my greatest happiness. I hope we can get closer as time goes by…

From,

        Jongup