Chapter 1

Into Your World

 

“ You’re Byun Baek Hyun. “ The man in front of Baekhyun managed to stutter out, a stark contrast to his handsome face and low baritone voice. He seemed nervous, apprehensive even, Baekhyun noted as he tried to ignore the dull pain throbbing in his head.

“ And you’re… “

“ I’m Park Chan Yeol, and I’m your boy--- I mean, friend. Yeah. We’re best friends. Don’t you remember? “ Chanyeol breathed out quickly.

“ But I don’t remember … Why am I in the hospital in the first place? “ Baekhyun sighed and massaged his temple. He couldn’t recollect any memories about his life, and this terrified him. He was all alone in this world, and the only person he could rely on at that moment was this Chanyeol person in front of him, with big ears and big teeth and looked like a giant compared to Baekhyun himself.

“ We got into a car accident, “ Chanyeol began. “ I’m so sorry, Baekhyun, I didn’t mean it, I was just … “

Baekhyun frowned slightly as he took in Chanyeol’s face seriously for the first time. His handsome face was marred by a few light scars here and there,  but they looked like they were about to be fully healed. He assumed what Chanyeol said was true, and looked around, taking in everything silently. Turning his head back to look at Chanyeol, he could see beads of sweat forming on Chanyeol’s exposed forehead.

“ ByunBaek you’re awake! “ A voice rang out in the room as a man bounced in quickly.

“ You scared all of us! Don’t you dare pull this on us ever again. “ The man hugged Baekhyun tightly as Baekhyun sighed in relief to see a familiar face. “ Yixing hyung… “

“ I’m so glad you’re awake! Chanyeol here has been spending sleepless nights in your room to take care of you since you got into the coma, and everyone is worried about you! “

“ By everyone you mean… “ Baekhyun stared at the man who had just entered the room, a giant who was comparable to Chanyeol. However, this man had a much more intimidating face and stature than Chanyeol, Baekhyun noted silently and shrank away slightly.

“ Like our clique? Oh Yifan you’re here! He went to park the car. “ Yixing explained as Baekhyun shrugged. “ A new friend? “

“ He’s my lover… Baekhyun, are you alright? Don’t you remember? He’s my boyfriend! “ Yixing shook Baekhyun by the shoulders as Chanyeol hurried to stop him.

“ I don’t think he remembers anymore. He doesn’t remember me as well. “

“ What… ? What do you mean? I don’t understand. “ Yixing looked at Yifan helplessly, confused. Yifan took him in his arms, trying to comfort him as he trained his eyes on Chanyeol.

“ The doctor said that there was a possibility of Baekhyun losing his memories when he wakes up due to his concussion. “ Chanyeol explains. “ He forgot me too. “

“ You forgot Chanyeol? Baekhyun! How could you do this to Chanyeol? Goodness, do you know how much you two went through together? You two were inseparable throughout high school and … “ Yixingw as interrupted by Yifan who sighed at his near hysterical boyfriend.

“ I’m sure Baekhyun needs some peace and quiet now. “ Baekhyun noticed the slight accent in Yifan’s speech and established that Yifan was a Chinese like Yixing was.

“ High school? Wait, aren’t we in high school now? I haven’t finished my assignment on productivity yet… “ Baekhyun frowned as Yifan narrowed his eyes.

“ High school. Productivity. Economics. But you take Chemistry. Baekhyun, what year is it now? “

“ 2010, isn’t it? Why are you asking me such a dumb question? Check your own phone! “

“ Well then, Byun Baek Hyun, welcome to the year of 2013. “