OUR STEPS

THE WEDDING ~ [ HyoKwang's Last Series ]

“Everything’s okay?” His sweet voice was so addicting, she would never stop loving the owner. Hyosung turned, she could see that he was smiling sweetly to her. “Of course.” She replied. The day when they would be one was coming even closer but yet, they seemed to be careless on it. Sure, they had ordered a place for their wedding party, they had done fitting with their dress, and they had done ordering the tickets and more.

Hyosung looked up to him, looking for a hesitant or something that could make them talk about something serious, but she found nothing. “What is it, hem?” He suddenly asked, looking into her eyes. She found something in his look, that thing which she had always seen in his eyes, it was love. “Nothing, you’re just too handsome today.” She whispered lightly. He chuckled hearing her answer, such a careless answer. “You are much better than me, darling.” Kikwang said back, leaning to her body and with a soft movement, captured her lips with his.

 

***

“What are you worrying about?” DooJoon asked, watching the anxious Kikwang moving back and forth in the dorm. The question faced nothing but silent as Kikwang didn’t answer the question. “Kikwang!” DooJoon yelled and it was success to make the younger one jumped as the yell was very loud. “What?” He asked the leader innocently. “You’re really something! Go sit here and stop moving like that! What the hell is wrong with you, man?!” DooJoon nagged him. Kikwang giggled shyly before obeying the leader’s command.

“So?” DooJoon waited for the answer but instead, a sigh came from the younger. “I’m just worrying a few things. Maybe they’re nothing for some people, but this is surely something more for me.” Kikwang started talking, his eyes were closed. His mind started wandering to the problems they had gone so far. Every argument, every tear, every yell, and every word they said to each other, he could imagine it all. But they always had a fight whenever they had something special, and it did make him has some headaches.

“Did something happen?” DooJoon asked him, he wanted to know if something had the younger too hard. Kikwang was always good in controlling his emotions, so something had probably happened since he sounded just too desperate for DooJoon. “I don’t really know, hyung. Everything seemed to be blurring these days.” Kikwang mumbled. “Yeah, it’s because you’re too happy with everything.” DooJoon .

Kikwang looked at DooJoon, “Hyung!”. DooJoon just grinned before leaving Kikwang alone in the room.

 

***

Hyosung took a long sight on her gown, it was beautiful and it was white. Some questions were running in her head and it did bother her. Something in his eyes wanted to tell her something, but something also blocked him for doing so. She felt uneasy for that.

“Unnie!” Zinger’s sudden appearance shocked her, and as the result she hit her toes to the end of her bed. She held her toes in pain not even remembering that Zinger was there, watching her. “Auww.. I’m sorry, unnie!” Zinger apologized. Hyosung waved her hand to signal Zinger that she was fine.

After the chaos Hyosung finally able to sit comfortably on her bed and facing Zinger, who was looking at her with her best puppy eyes. “So… What are you trying to tell me?” Hyosung asked, looking at the younger with a curious look. “Unnie, I’m just worried if you’re okay with the wedding and all.” Zinger said, shrugging her shoulders in a dramatic way.

“Everything is under control, you don’t need to be worry, Hana-ah.” Hyosung replied, giving her gummy smile to the younger. “Unnie, is Kikwang okay? He does look different lately.” Zinger finally couldn’t hold herself anymore. The more Hyosung tried to smile, the more the question ringing in her head. ‘He does look different lately.’ She thought. She hung her head low, not knowing what to answer the younger.

Zinger got the sign and responded to it with a fast move. “Unnie, you can think about it, I leave, kay?” Hyosung just nodded, her heart was racing. Questions filled her head, hitting her sense in the moment. Zinger was right, he did have something in his mind and it wasn’t good because he didn’t tell her what.

***

She watched him moving back and forth in the room. He looked like dreaming, his eyes were empty from the existence that should be in it. She wanted to knock but she decided to watch him for some more times, “I can’t tell her.. Tch, I’m such a loser.” He mumbled, it almost escaped from her ears but she could hear it though. Deciding that she had been holding too much curiosity, she knocked on the door and it did surprise the latter.

“Ah, you’re here.” Kikwang smiled, Hyosung could see that the smile was being forced but it was still perfect anyway. Hyosung just smiled before heading forward to him and gave him a small peck on his cheek. “What are you worrying about?” Hyosung didn’t waste the time by asking the questions, it wasn’t a strong question, it was a usual question but she knew it would hit him on the first place.

“Nothing,” Hyosung could see his body language which saying the opposite, he was struggling to calm himself but he also tried to tell her. It was two different things but he had to face it anyway. Hyosung didn’t waste her breathe to answer him, she only nodded as agreement to his answer and decided that she would try to find out later without him knowing it.

“Kikwang-ah, your parents are coming tomorrow right? They will come a few hours before the wedding, right?” With a very sweet voice she asked him, she didn’t want to make him suspicious her with something. He nodded, his focus had been on her now, “Yeah, on the early morning. Why are you asking?” Hyosung gave him an encouraged smile as if it was nothing. “Yours will come too tomorrow right?” Kikwang asked, his heart was still in a wishing mode, wishing that Hyosung wouldn’t notice the nervous in his voice. “My sister will come with my mother too, is that okay?” Hyosung said not giving attention on the younger’s nervousness which portrayed obliviously. “Oh sure, it’s alright.” Kikwang laughed.

Hyosung didn’t laugh along with him instead she gave him a weak smile and soon excused to leave. She was a bit curious when he gave her a cold kiss and not to mention that he didn’t ask her silly excuse. Deciding everything in a second, she let herself to eavesdropping to his conversation later.

It didn’t need a long time to get some information from himself as his phone suddenly rang in the silent room. “What is it again, Min?” His voice sounded tired but Hyosung’s mind couldn’t process everything as she heard the name that he voiced a second ago. “No, don’t push me to tell her that. I’m not going to do it.” Her eyebrows twisted, what did he have in the store for her?

“No! Why should I tell her that? That won’t make her changes her decision.” Kikwang was ruffling his hair in frustration while talking to Min. She was such a forcing girl, telling him to do this and that due to his wedding with Hyosung. “You should do it, oppa. Are you crazy or something? Haven’t talked to her about your schedule that won’t allow you to go to your honeymoon?!” Now that she was yelling, Kikwang couldn’t help but had to pull his phone away from his ear. “Yah!” He yelled back to the girl on the opposite.

He ruffled his hair in frustration because everything seemed to hit in an instant, he definitely not knowing that Hyosung was watching from the door and looking like going to burst in at any second. Her ears had become red due to anger that she couldn’t hold. “So that you’re talking to another girl about your problem but you don’t want to talk with me about it, eoh?” Hyosung’s bitter voice shocked him who was still holding the phone close to his ear.

“Hyo..Hyosung-ah.. What are you doing here?” He stuttered as he asked her, not knowing what to do nor say. “Watching you calling another girl to talk about things that MAYBE you should say to me.” Hyosung pressed the force in the ‘maybe’ word, knowing that Kikwang would know what it meant. Kikwang chuckled in fear, he had lost his words and not knowing what to say anymore. His brain was working faster but not as fast as Hyosung’s anger that already reached its peak.

“Kikwang, a marriage is not a game. It’s about trust, isn’t it? Wasn’t it you who said such things to me, huh?” Her sarcastic words just burst out like that, leaving the younger to be speechless again. “No, shut up. I’m not going to talk with you till you understand everything.” She was already turning her heels when she lifted her head and faced him again, “And, if you still can’t understand about the purity of a marriage, I’m not going to be hesitating to cancel our wedding which is going to be held tomorrow.” Kikwang only could watch her going with wide eyes and hopeless feeling running in his body.

“You’re screwed, oppa.” Min’s voice was heard from the phone that he had even forgotten about its existence. He groaned in frustration. 

***

“You look angry,” The calmness in his voice even burnt Hyosung’s anger more when she sat straight and looked away, anywhere but not focusing her attention on him. “Hey, come on Hyosung. You can’t get rid away the problem by sitting angrily in your shop everyday. You have to do something to get rid of it.” DooJoon said, he was humming while checking the stuffs in Hyosung’s shop, probably enjoying his sudden visit to the shop.

“Really, DooJoon oppa. Why are you here? Are you going to fuss about his cool things too now? Just like in the past when I had fights with him?” Hyosung blurted out, faced the older with anger in her eyes. She was angry but yet she still couldn’t believe with what she had heard and seen from Kikwang. Why wouldn’t he believe in her? Was she that untrusting for him? “I was always there to support you and him, wasn’t I? And now, I am here to support you both. Again.” Doojoon was joking and Hyosung could understand why he chose that way to joke, he was joking and trying to tell her that she just needed some leads to make everything fine.

“Thanks.” Hyosung replied with a chuckle, her mind was already driving to somewhere else when she replied him. She was still too angry and yet too tired to face that day for some more hours. “Go to rest then, you still have your co-workers here, and you have me to attract more buyers to here.” DooJoon said and winked to her, he pushed her to the front door and not forgetting to grab her bag from the place before throwing it to her face when she had already stood outside of the shop.

“Go and take a rest!” DooJoon shouted before coming back into the store. Hyosung laughed as she saw that half of the customers who were eating peacefully had been distracted by the fact that DooJoon was there to serve them all day. Hyosung shook her head and took a few steps forward, to go to her car which was parked right in front of her. But her heart deciding something different and thus, she took the opposite way which was heading to nowhere but other shops.

She enjoyed the warm air around her, she also loved the feeling of her heart beating normally like usual. It was rare to happen because now she had always been with Kikwang which made her heart beating faster than usual. She giggled as she remembered the cheesy reason, her eyes swept the scene in front of her. Couples were everywhere, groups of young people were going from one place to others, foreigners were easy to be found and someone who looked like Kikwang was buying something.

Hyosung stopped her steps immediately when she realized that the person was the real Kikwang not his twin or whatsoever. She was frozen on her spot and unable to move due to the uneasy feeling in her heart. Deciding that she didn’t want to meet him at the moment, she quickly turned around and left the place. Her heart was beating crazily, the only thing in her mind was how to get out from that place quickly before Kikwang discovered her. It was crazy of course, to run away from Kikwang who was her fiancé. It was crazy because instead of being a true adult, she became the child who ran away and tried to hide herself as far as possible from Kikwang.

She couldn’t breathe properly, her lungs felt heavy and her legs felt tired but she kept walking as fast as she could. She didn’t mind people who looked at her with a curious expression, all she wanted was going home to her dorm. Her breathe was hitching and she was already too tired from the fast walk when she caught a glimpse of Kikwang’s figure behind her, in the crowd. Hyosung’s eyes got wider as she panicky trying to find her car’s key and at the moment the fact hit her hard. The key was left in her café! She closed her eyes and relaxed her mind before suddenly she ran into the café, shocking everyone in the café. However, DooJoon was standing in the counter, looking at her with his hearty laugh. “You now realized that you forgot your key eh?” She walked faster to the counter while hiding her face because of the embarrassment she felt earlier. “How could you do this to me?!” Hyosung hissed to DooJoon. “He’s here eoh?” DooJoon said once again, making Hyosung to jump in panic when he brought her to the reality just by saying the fact. “Hide me!!” She said in panic, her co-workers were watching her interestingly, as if she had made an entertainment thing in front of them. Which was true by the way.

“Go to the upper floor, order some foods for yourself. I will go there later.” DooJoon calmly pushed her to the stairs which were heading to the upper floor. Some of the waiters followed her, she almost tripped on the stairs if the waiters didn’t guard her along her way. DooJoon eyed her worriedly from the counter. When she had reached the peak, DooJoon shouted excitedly under her “Kikwang!”

“Damn it.” Hyosung cursed as she looked around, thankfully the balcony was still empty. She chose to eat there for some advantages she would get if she did so. “What do you want to order, Ms?” The waiters asked her while checking the menu list, looking for their boss’ favorite foods. “Just bring some light lunch for me, it’s alright.” Hyosung said, she almost whispered to them when she realized that it was a stupid thing to do. When all of them left her alone, she watched around, the visitors were eating peacefully without giving their attention on her. They all were quiet busy to watch her went to the room with such condition and messy look. “Thankfully I made this side to be not able to being seen by people outside.” She mumbled.

When her orders arrived, she didn’t waste her time to eat them. She took a deep sigh when she saw DooJoon’s manly figure climbing on the stairs. But she suddenly lost her appetite when she saw Kikwang was following him behind. Hyosung bit her bottom lips, she didn’t really guess this would happen. “Enjoying your meal, baby?” Kikwang softly and lovingly asked, pecking her head as if there was nothing happened. She tensed for a moment before letting herself to act as well.

“What are you doing here?” Hyosung smoothly asked, her eyes were stabbing DooJoon with fires. The other just looked at the guests around them and absolutely avoided her stares. “Want to visit you and tell you something important.” Kikwang gave her a light kiss on the top of her head before sitting down next to her and gave her his best stare.

“I should excuse myself.” DooJoon suddenly said when the atmosphere was getting tenser by every second. No one replied to his words because they were to busy fighting with their mind, telling each other their permission whether they could discuss it now or not. “Should we talk now?” He asked slowly, taking a very careful step. “What?” She didn’t mean it to sound too rude but by his cringe, she knew she had let it too far. “I want to solve everything if you don’t mind. I don’t want you to cancel the wedding which is going to be held tomorrow just because you don’t want to talk with me.” The mature side of him seemed to appear slowly, intimidating her while he spoke.

“Don’t you dare try to make myself in the wrong side by saying things in that kind of tone.” She said, hissing in process. “It’s not me who ran away when see someone’s figure behind.” He had thrown his ace, made Hyosung to choke on her drink. She only glared on him before continuing her activity to drink her favorite juice. “Listen, I’m sorry because I have made such a mistake just one day before our wedding.” His face was becoming serious when he was explaining the condition to her.

“Listen, you Lee Kikwang, it’s not just a mistake you made one day before your wedding. It’s a problem that you don’t want to solve together with me. Please get rid those ridiculous minds which saying that I don’t understand you enough from your head.” She didn’t stop to take some air, she just went by it. Their discussion was disturbed by some noise made by chairs that pulled by the visitors. “Do we really have to talk here?” Kikwang asked, his eyes were pleading.

“Talk now or I will leave.” Hyosung’s warn was clear but Kikwang was more stubborn than what people thought of him. “No, we have to go to a better place.” He insisted. Hyosung was already tired with everything and his diplomatic way didn’t make everything better for her. She cut his words by standing immediately even before he was able to finish his words. She gave him her last look before leaving him alone.

“Why it becomes so complicated? It’s just a simple thing to do in fact.” Kikwang mumbled, rubbing his face in discomfort.

***

Hyosung threw herself on the bed and closed her eyes in annoyance. She felt bad to leave the problem just like that and it was her emotion that played with Kikwang and not the rational her. She had already cursed herself when her phone vibrated. She glanced on the screen, reading the text message she got from DooJoon.

 

“Guess things went bad. Go relax yourself while I’m with Kikwang and making him feeling better too.”

 

Hyosung let out a chuckle before she finally managed to shut her eyes tight without bothering to change her clothes. She was wakened up by some high-pitch sounds which came from the living room and it did bother her till she was able to be wakened up from her deep nap.

She sighed and dragged her feet to the door. She forced herself to open the door and peeked to the living room to see what had actually happened outside. Before her brain could process everything, her heart had stopped beating the moment she saw Kikwang standing in the living room with the three girls trying to make him going into Hyosung’s room.

“What is he doing here?” Hyosung asked. She tried to make herself sounds serious but she made herself sounds funny just by talking at the time. The three girls went into a deep silence as Kikwang opened his mouth to talk. He eyed the three girls before finally let the first sentence to come out, “I’m looking for you.” It was honest and Hyosung knew it much better than anyone that he had been slightly frustrate over things.

Hyosung eyed him once again before slamming the door and locking it. Groans were heard from outside but she didn’t care, everything she did was surprise. She changed her clothes quickly and put some light make up on. She opened the door and stepped out, ready for a date. Kikwang chuckled when he saw her coming out with such of appearance.

“Going now, princess?” He said. Hyosung nodded and followed his lead to his car.

***

“Can’t tell you too much beside that you’ve misunderstood some points.” Kikwang started when they were already sitting comfortably in a park. The warm air wrapped them completely and the wind seemed to disappear as if it had no existence. “Oh.” Her reply was quiet short and a quite oblivious sign that she was still angry with him.

“I know that I’m wrong too, Hyosung-ah. I know why you’re so angry on me. Can you believe me and maybe forgive me?” He was pleading and Hyosung couldn’t deny that her heart had softened even more than before. She tried to hide her smile but failed and it was noticed by him of course.

“You forgive me.” He took the conclusion in a short time. Hyosung raised her eyebrow, looking at him with a pessimist look. “I do think you still don’t understand why I was so angry on you.” Her eyes were looking at his but they weren’t forcing him to tell everything. Her eyes were telling him that she believed him after all.

Kikwang smiled softly and it did make Hyosung’s heart beating faster. A disease she wanted to kill but she knew it was normal because it was Kikwang after all. She just wanted to keep their distance as short as it now but thinking that they were actually fighting, it did make some space, didn’t it? Hyosung listened to him carefully, feeling relieved when she concluded that he had done his best to understand and fix everything.

“I was right, right? I’m sorry because I haven’t told you that our honeymoon has to be postponed.” He bowed but taking her hands into his and warmed it by his palms. “I’m sorry because I didn’t tell you earlier and made it like I don’t trust you completely. I am sorry, Hyosung-ah.” He still haven’t lifted up his head and it did make Hyosung grows tired of wanting and desire. “You know that you should trust me on the other times, right?” Hyosung said, her voice had been a lot softer than before.

“I do.” He shyly mumbled. Hyosung didn’t waste the time by kissing his cheek lovingly, transferred her thought in the kiss to tell him how much she loved him. Kikwang’s cheeks flamed, they instantly became red after the kiss. Groggily he talked “We should sleep for tomorrow.” Hyosung didn’t argue with him instead she pulled him by the hands and led him to the car. Kikwang pulled his hands out from her palm and replaced it around her waist as he brought her closer to his body while they were walking to Kikwang’s car.

***

“You look….” “Horrible.” The two mothers commented on her when she woke up that morning. They didn’t ruin her perfect and comfortable sleep by wakening her. Instead they prepared everything until she woke up by a sudden happiness that somehow went through her body and forced her eyes to open.

“Blame Kikwang.” Hyosung murmured between the states she was in. The mothers exchanged look before coughing hard and rushed to drag Hyosung away from her bed. The dorm seemed to be peaceful as the three had left earlier to check a few things left, and for dating for some time with their boys of course. The mothers worked effectively as she had been ready to get make ups and dressed up.

When she was all ready to go down to the aisle, her mother whispered encouragement words for her. Nothing should be said afterwards from her as she had told Hyosung everything before. Hyosung glanced on her teary mother when she handed Hyosung to one of Hyosung’s uncle who would accompany her to the aisle. Hyosung gave a strong smile to her mother before clutching tightly on her uncle’s arm and made her uncle whining about the grip because it was too tight.

When it was the time she had to walk into the aisle, she knew she shouldn’t let her mind wandering everywhere but it was what she did while walking to the altar. Kikwang mouthed “You’re beautiful” to her from his place in front of the altar. Her smile getting wider. Every moment she had spent with him seemed to be a past and now it was just another page of their love story. They had fight, small and big. They were success to go through it so why she had to be worried about the future? It was only about him and her afterwards, right? They had no one to be worried anymore like in the past right?

Her questions vanished away when he tapped her arm in a quick movement until no one was able to watch it. With the corner of her eyes, she could see who were attending their wedding. The Cube and TSE family gathered in one side while the family with some of their friends on the other side. DooJoon was grinning widely and stupidly on the two, probably happy that they had managed to solve their problems.

Everything went too fast for her, all she could hear was only the words of “I do.” The beautiful words that made everything perfect and fit the puzzle even more. She wanted to hurriedly run away and show that they had been official to people out there. She wanted to show off, the joyful feeling really blinded her in a second. “Baby,” Kikwang whispered. “Hum?” She replied, starred blankly to her husband. “Can I kiss you?” Hyosung and the audience laughed before finally Hyosung did give her permission for him.

Kikwang pulled her out from the church, he wanted to hurriedly take her outside to tell people out there that they had finally married. That no one was allowed to disturb their peaceful life anymore. However, a girl’s voice stopped both of them from their running. “Unnie, oppa!” They both turned to the voice only to find Min smiling shyly. “Min!” Hyosung shouted, hugging the younger. Min looked nervously to Kikwang who also nervously watched Hyosung. “Unnie, I want to apologize.” Min slowly said. “About what?” Hyosung looked back between Min and Kikwang. She then understood everything even before Min able to explain it, Hyosung laughed on them. “No one is allowed to destroy my happiness today.” Hyosung joked before continued “Of course I forgive you, Min. It was Kikwang’s fault not yours. Next time, you could smack him on the head if he did something stupid behind me again. Just to make him remember that he has me now.” Hyosung said sincerely. Min grinned, nodding her head in agreement. “Anyway, bye Min!” Kikwang shouted loudly, pulling Hyosung again to bring her out from the room.

 “What are you going to do?” Hyosung asked as they had arrived in front of the reporters and fans that were waiting for them since the beginning. “I’m going to do this, but you have to pay me with a kiss. A long one.”  Kikwang whispered in a challenging tone. Hyosung looked at him before nodding her head in excitement. He didn’t waste his time as he picked her up in the bridal style which made her screamed in surprise. She laughed hardly after, the blitzes were everywhere but they had already been in their own world.

“I have to pay you.” Hyosung murmured before pulling his head closer to hers and aiming to his lips. Cheers were everywhere but they had lost into their own world, leaving the others trying to follow them.

 

 


A/N : Like what I have said, it is hard to finish this story.

For some reason, I'm not ready to write this because Zelo - Hyosung interactions killing me................. T_____T They do look cute *slap*

And for other one, I'm very busy. School's system and this country's education system are going to make me die in a very young age someday.

Anyway, including DooJoon in this story is kinda.. surprising XD Should use Yoseob but at the end using DooJoon.

I hope you enjoy it <3 ~

Thanks for TTG shop too for the beautiful poster ^^

 

>>Did some edit of words. not so detail anyway so it's okay to not looking back on the story