Good Morning

Just Another Morning

 

"Good morning, Yuri."
 
 
 
I watched as she slowly smiled with closed eyes, stretching her body around the bed. Her response to my greeting was always adorable.
 
 
"Hmmm... Good morning, Sica." Yuri grunted before sitting up, rubbing her eyes cutely. She greeted me back like she always do every morning.
 
 
I giggled at her actions. My plan to lie down beside her, partly to cuddle, was stopped when she abruptly jumped out of the bed. She looked at the other way then said,
 
 
"Time to wake our daughter up!" 
 
 
Rubbing her hands together, she walked out of our room with me trailing behind her. I laughed as she tripped slightly because of the floor's mess. What a clumsly dork.
 
As we made our way to Yoona's room, I listened to Yuri's story about the school's program yesterday. She told me that our daughter was really active, explaining in full detail how Yoona participated in each activity. I couldn't help but smile proudly and at the same time, sadly since I wasn't present yesterday to see it with my own eyes.
 
"Sica, I'm so proud of our Yoong. I know you are too, right?"
 
I nodded my head in agreement. Yuri just let out a chuckle as we were already in front of Yoona's room.
 
She knocked then turned the knob slowly before peeking inside.
 
 
"Appa!" I heard our daughter's excited voice.
 
"Hey, Yoong! Good morning!" With that said, she fully entered the room whilst I followed her inside quietly. 
 
"Good morning too, Appa-"
 
"Greet Umma too!" Yuri showed a playful pout to our daughter.
 
"Oh! Good morning Umma and Appa!"
 
 
A contented smile graced our faces. I giggled softly as she scratched the back of her head adorably. My happiness was short-lived as she popped an unexpected question.
 
 
 
 
"Appa? Can Umma hear us?"
 
 
 
 
 
 
'...Yes, Yoong. I can hear you.'
 
 
 
 
"O-Of course!" Yuri laughed forcefully, sending stings on my eyes.
 
"Really?" Yoona blinked her eyes. "Then can I talk to her before I go to the bathroom?"
 
 
Yuri and I was taken aback by her request. Yuri smiled softly as an answer, sadness still evident in her eyes.
 
 
"Umma... Even though I never got the chance to see you before you left us, I wanna let you know that I love you." She then giggled after speaking word per word. 
 
Tears fell from my eyes as I continued to listen.
 
"I love you, Umma! As much as Appa loves you. You know what, Umma? Appa always tells me to greet you, to pray for you and to talk to you!"
 
"I know Yoong, I know..." I answered quietly, but deep inside my heart I already knew that they won't hear me. Even if I shout with my loudest voice.
 
 
 
"But Umma..."
 
Yuri's reddened eyes looked at Yoona as mine did the same, both of us were waiting for her next words.
 
"I wanna see you..." Then tears rolled down on her cheeks. "I wanna have my Umma here with me, so that I can have someone to sleep with. Or Umma can tell me bedtime stories like Appa always do every night..."
 
"Yoong, shhhh..." Yuri stopped her sobs by hugging her in her arms.
 
My hand covered my mouth as I tried to muffle my incoming sobs. Yoona... must be facing a really tough life. I should've been here... for them.
 
"Appa, I wanna see Umma..."
 
 
 
 
'I'm sorry, Yoong...'