Her Name is Love

Timeless Babies Series

 

Her Name is Love










She looks herself in the mirror and makes sure she’ll look attractive to him. She’s clad in one of his soccer jerseys, her face bare of all kinds of artificial beauty products. She pinches her cheeks a few times, trying to make them look a little pink, at least. She takes a deep breath – for the umpteenth time after she steps into the house. She adjusts the ring on her finger and cheers for herself before walking back into the bedroom.

She eyes his form on the bed. It’s one of those rare nights when he can read in bed, truthfully. The thick book on his lap is only halfway through, months after he buys it.

Liyin wonders how one can look so good in thick-rimmed glasses. But then again, she muses, this is Xiah Junsu she’s looking at. So, again, she takes a deep breath and ambles awkwardly towards the bed in the center of the room. She lifts the thick blanket and settles herself beside him.

He doesn’t seem to notice her at all.

Liyin clear and starts with a soft “so...” just to test if she can steal his attention from his book.

And she does. Junsu places the bookmark on the page he’s reading – it’s a picture of them during their engagement party a couple of months back – and drops the book on the bedside table, his glasses are placed atop. He sits up straight and looks down at the almost cowering form of Liyin beside him. He tilts his head in question.

“I want a baby,” Liyin states.

Junsu smiles at her, that wide and toothy kind that he reserves for her. “I’ve been waiting for you to say that.”

Liyin jumps upon hearing his answer. She laughs loudly. She can’t believe she’s been very anxious as to what his answer would be. She throws the blanket away and straddles Junsu’s hip and kisses him.

He moans his surprise into her open mouth, welcoming everything she’s offering and giving up his very soul for her. He finds the hem of the jersey she’s wearing and he stiffens with his realization.

She’s not wearing anything else.




Liyin curls beside Junsu’s form. The smile on her face adds to her glow. Her skin is pinkish from exertion, a telltale sign of what has just transpired between her and the person beside her. She places her hand on his heaving chest and plants an open-mouthed kiss beside it. She hears his reaction and her smile turns into a grin. A very smug and satisfied grin, that is.

“So, how many do you want?” Junsu asks after his breathing has calmed down.

Liyin lifts her head to look him in the eyes. “Huh?”

“Aren’t we talking about babies now?” he responds with a tilt of his head.

“Oh my God!” she exclaims.

She pulls away from him and lies on her back. Her eyes are wide in shock as she pulls on the blanket.

A tear rolls down her cheek.

And Junsu wipes it instantly. Concern is evident on his face, as well as, utter confusion.

“What wrong, baby?” he inquires. “I thought you wanted to talk about babies.”

“I said I want a baby,” Liyin states, matter-of-factly.

“Same diff – What?!”

“I said I want a baby. Urggh. I can’t believe you didn’t understand what I said. And this! I can’t believe I initiated something like this. Oh. My. God.”

She never receives an answer from him. When she turns back, she finds that he’s long passed out.

They don’t talk about it the next day, or the day after that. They can’t, however, deny it to themselves anymore when three weeks after, Liyin starts to get bouts of nausea in the morning.




Their first baby is born on their wedding day, cutting the reception short when Liyin suddenly has to go on labor. She isn’t even able to throw the bouquet. It’s good, however, because Yoochun’s wife is genius enough to instruct the photographer before panicking.

The Kim’s wedding album includes the first ever pictures of their first born.

Her name is Love.




----
This is the first part of a series of drabbles that's a spin off of a oneshot that I'm still writing. xD And yes, firstborn is named 김사랑. ^_^