Chapter 1 - Risk

SNSD - Yoonyul

 

- 6 주 ... (6 weeks later)... SNSD with their new member, Yoona at 3 : 16 am-

"Today, we come to celebrate." Sooyoung said.

"Today?! It's 3 in the morning!" Sunny fussed.

"Yeah, but at least this is important..." Sooyoung oposed, somewhat anticipating for everyone's consideration. But so far, the room has gotten more unruly.

"Guys," Yuri respited through the blatant protest, catching a glance of indept from Sooyoung. "Let's just hurry and hear what Sooyoung has to say, so the faster we can go back to sleep."

"Actually..." Sooyoung guietly debated while in thought, Should I tell them? They'll get even more mad... but Yuri-unnie will back me up, right? After a whiles stiff silence of the room, Sooyoung instantly said, "Youdfjksdfbjkssdfsf."

"Wha-?" The rest of SNSD spoke silently to eachother for a quick 2 seconds. Confusion clouting all of them and frenzied laughs from Taeyeon and Hyoyeon.

"Wait-wait," Yuri waved her hand to bring awareness on herself, "I heard something about longer than  and up..."

Sunny crossed her legs and sat quietly as she calculated and worked her brain to tire to put the puzzle of rambaling together. "Sooo, I heard you and stay..."

"What?!" Yuri shrilled. She and the others found out what Sooyoung had said: You have to stay up longer than you expected. Eventually, in spite of backing up Sooyoung, Yuri hid behind the crowd of protestors and made a sign of her own written on her face.

Hyoyeon crossed her arms underneath her and said, "This better be worth cutting my beauty sleep." Suddenly, Tiffany looked at Hyoyeon and unaware, she said, "You need it most of all." Offended, Hyo's mouth fell agape while the room filled with surprise and arising laughter. Tiffany waved her hands apologeticaly and said, "No, no, no, I'm just kidding, Hyoyeon." To bring Hyoyeon's forgiveness, Tiffany tried to comfort Hyoyeon with an embrace, but Hyoyeon rejected. Jokingly, Hyoyeon got up and turned her back to the girls. "Whatever, at least Rain-oppa doesn't think that."

Yuri objected, "How does Rain-oppa know you?"

Knowing the conversation was falling from Sooyoung's hands, Sooyoung burst into hysterical laughter. The group of beauties all peered at Sooyoung like she was on some kind of norotic drug or something of the sort.

"Sooyoung, what are you doing?" Yoona virtously inquired.

"Getting your attention. Guys, I'm serious, I don't want to stay up as much as you do..." Sooyoung browsed around the room, meeting each and every face till she gathered a point of interest.

"Sorry..." They each apologized.

"I have a confession that's been bothering me all night... I'm..." Everyone dipped their head in with their eyes fastened on Sooyoung. "I'm..." Another hesitation, "dating Lee Seung Gi!" Sooyoung closes her eyes firmly, unable to see the unbearable shocked faces of the group.

"Lee Seung Gi?" Yoona gawked longer than the rest of the girls. She couldn't believe that her ideal man was captivated by Sooyoung when he confessed on Top Idol that he liked Im Yoona better.

"Aish~ Sooyoung, you could've been a tough sport for a little bit longer when no one is as grouchy," Yuri fixed her eyes on Yoona, "Especially, Yoona."

Overcomed and slightly bothered by Yuri's blunt comment, Yoona curled her legs up to her chest and set an invisiable border around herself. "Yuri-unnie, you could have kept that to yourself." She mumbled with her head tucked in her lap.

Sunny little Yoona's shoulders to help shade Yoona's humiliation. Even to Yoonas advancement, Sunny said in a joking mannor, "Awww, Sooyoung, now Yoona's gonna have to fall back on my ideal man." Knowing that Sunny's ideal man was the guy that also had interest in Yoona, this seemed like the right thing to say. But it didn't completely wash away the guilt Sooyoung felt after coming out with that info.

Yoona giggles and smiles as she lifts her head, but she wasn't too delighted by that playful comment... she still had her heart a little achey.

"Alright, well we hope for a good-easy going relationship between you and Seung Gi, but I gotta get some shedi." Taeyeon bounced up not to bubbly, and excuses herself to her room. The rest of the girls re-in-act Taeyeon's dismissle and each hug uneasy Sooyoung before leaving to their rooms. The only two left were Sooyoung and Yoona, who stared at the walls behind eachother to attempt to escape the awkward atmosphere. 

"Sooyoung..." Yoona whispered.

Sooyoung turned her head at Yoona and asked, "Yeah?"

"I hope you and Lee Seung Gi work out, my blessings go to you two." Yoona bravely stood up and gave Sooyoung a reassuring hug before leaving. Sooyoung weakly hugged back and said thanks, then stood up as well and they walked together to their room.

"Goodnight, Yoona." Sooyoung said.

"Goodnight, Sooyoung." Yoona replied politely and turned in the other direction. She eases through into her room and quietly closes the door behind her.

"You ok, Yoona?" Yuri inquired under the dim light as she lied on her bed.

"Yeah, I'm all good." Yoona flipped of her slippers and climbed under the bed sheets with Yuri. Yuri settled her arm around Yoona's shoulders and them slowly as she whispered kind words to Yoona. Although it wasn't unusual for Yoona to climb into Yuri's bed when in distress, the mood just felt different this time.

"I'm sorry for saying that to you, Yoona. I was disrespectful.  I should have noticed your affection for Lee Seung Gi." Yuri took her arm away from comforting Yoona and instead she rolled on her side and faced Yoona. She scooted down a bit and pulled the covers over both of them till their heads were only visable.

"It's ok, Yuri-unnie. Besides my affection isn't that BIG for Seung gi-oppa. It was just a playful liking I took of him."

Yuri nodded; she tries to understand Yoona, but sometimes it can be more complicated than it seems. Yoona's a hard person to figure out, she's like a caged bird. Only chirps honest, innocent words (chirps), but only once in a while... She's not loud, but quiet. She doesn't freely speak her mind, but it takes her a long time to finally speak what's been weighing on her.

"Yuri-unnie?" Yoona wondered.

"Yes?" Yuri asked.

"Am I pretty?"

Silence...

"Yes, you're beautiful." Yuri briefly smiles as she carasses Yoona's arm and sweeps a strand of hair from Yoona's face. "Why do you ask?"

"Sometimes..." Yoona pauses, her words are caught in . Why can't she spit it out? She feels content with Yuri the most, but why is it so hard to talk to her? Yoona lays in thought, Is it because her beauty overpowers me? Could it be how smart she is or how shocking that she's not the one that gets the most attention? "Sometimes... I don't feel pretty next to you, Yuri-unnie. I feel so weak and wobbly almost all of the time. I don't see how a guy can pick me when you're standing right next to me. It's so fustrating, Yuriii..." Feeling helpless of clumsy of her words, Yoona turned her head down and stared at her toes wiggling under the sheets.

"Yoona... look at me." As Yuri softly voiced Yoona's name, Yoona's knees locked and her face rised with a boiling shade of red. Under the dim light, it is hard to see, but as Yuri placed her hand gently on Yoona's cheek, she felt the heat of Yoona dispersing onto her. Yoona furrowed her brows, she felt horrible when treated like a fragile glass window, above all from Yuri. Did she seem that easily broken? Or was it just her deminor that made people stop and think she could snap like a twig.

"Yuri-unnie, stop it!" Yoona springed from her pillow, "Stop treating me so gently! I'm...I'm not some little girl..."

"Yoona..." Perplexed, Yuri sat up and twisted to watch Yoona's expressions with deep regard.

Realizing the impudence she threw at Yuri, Yoona bowed her head and apologized. "I'm so sorry, Yuri-unnie... I shouldn't have said that."

"And I'm not... for this." Shortly after, Yuri lodged her finger under Yoona's chin and tilted her head up to view. Inches away from noses almost touching, Yuri-unnie implied her lips without any second consciousness onto Yoona's flimsy lips.

With eyes vastly open and body crumbling beneath Yuri, Yoona raised alert before her back could reach the bed cusion. She ed her hands onto Yuri-unnies chest and pushed with little effort. The kiss had shot Yoona's insecurity, so there was no way to push the shake of her arms away and bravely use her strength against her unnie. But Yoona didn't need her strength, Yuri had pulled away only after 6 seconds of an undeniably staggering kiss. Yoona finally gained her security after the release of Yuri's lips and flipped her legs off the bed. Yoona shoved herself against the wall next to Yuri's bed and hid her face from Yuri. Yuri leaned over the edge of the bed and watched Yoona with concern. Yuri secretly placed 2 dots beside Yoona's name for points of significance. Although, Yoona wasn't the only one afraid of Yuris confidence in the moment.

"Yoona... what are you doing? It was just a kiss..." Yuri was kidding herself, it wasn't just a kiss. It was... thrilling... but Yoona wasn't able to admit such a deep hidden feeling. Instead, Yoona masked that thrill with a veil of torture, confusion, and... hate.

"Why, Yuri?" Yoona used confusion. "How could you?" She used torture. And lastly, she said, "You're right... it was just a kiss. Nothing more but an ignorant kiss." Hate. Yuri felt punctured, but letting Yoona see her unnie so distraught over her... it would be unforgivable. Yuri can not let her guard down, unless she wanted to be open for pain... and more pain.

"You must be incoherent, Yuri." Yoona laughed dileriously. Meaning, Yoona wasn't having an enjoyable laugh, she had gone a little crazy with rage, that she didn't want to unveil it all on Yuri-unnie. She knew laughing hystericaly, though, showed that she was even more mad than the normal kind... The kiss was uncalled for... and making Yoona feel this way? Yoona felt that was also unforgivable.

"I don't know what to say..." Yuri whispered.

"Don't say anything... unnie... I'm tired. I'll see you in the morning." Ditching her true feelings, Yoona retreated into her bed like nothing had happened. This was how it was going to go on from now on, the vibe wasn't going to be the same between them because of that one kiss. Yuri had started to regret that more than anything... she hadn't given any thought to the consequinces if Yoona had rejected Yuri's feelings. But she remembered directly telling Yoona that she wasn't sorry for the kiss... - Replay - "And I'm not... for this." K-I-S-S.

She would have to hold up on that, no matter what. To display her affection towards Yoona, she said one more time...

"Goodnight, Yoona. I'm sorry for everything else... but that kiss." Even though Yuri was risking her friendship with Yoona even more, Yuri wasn't going to stop...

For the 1st time, Yuri wasn't going to stop to achieve what she wants...