.

Her Happiness
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Why can’t you see that I love you?!”

“Why can’t you see that I don’t love you in the same way you do?!”

You and Daehyun were at it again. The two of you had been close friends for as long as you both could remember, but Daehyun wanted to be something more than friends.

“I can give you everything! Anything! I only show you actions of love, so why can’t you love me too?!” Daehyun said in frustration.

“Because I love Yixing, not you! You can’t just force me to love you! Money isn’t everything, Jung Daehyun!” You argued.

“What does that Yee Sang guy have that I don’t have?! He doesn’t have a particularly good job! How is he going to earn enough to look after and protect you? I can give everything! I have money! I can give you anything! What can he give you?!” He sneered.

“His name is Yixing, not Yee Sang! And I don’t care if he isn’t loaded like you are! Not everyone is born with rich parents. It doesn’t matter that he doesn’t earn stack loads of cash everyday! At least he makes enough for a living, and he cares for me!”

“I care for you too!”

“But I don’t like you in that way!”

“You haven’t even given me a chance, so how do you know you won’t like me in the same way I do?!”

“I don’t need to give you a chance, because I know that Yixing is the only one in my heart, and that won’t change!” You exclaimed.

Daehyun angrily growled while grabbing a fistful of his hair, before storming out of the room, and out the house.

Tired from all the arguing, you dropped to the floor and whipped out your phone to call Yixing.

 

 

Daehyun got into his car and angrily drove off down the street.

“Why won’t she give me a chance?! Can’t she see how much I love her?!” His grip on the steering wheel tightened, as his foot slammed down onto the gas. The car went zooming around the corner, and onto the main road.

“What does that stupid Yee Sang guy have that I don’t have?! I have money! I care for her as much as he does – hell, I’d even say I care for her more! What right does that guy who’s name I can’t even pronounce have to just take ~~~~~ away from me?! I’ve known her since we were 2! How long have they known each other!?” He yelled in anger as he cut through the many cars on the road.

BEEP BEEP! CRASH!

 

 

Ring ring. Ring ring.

“Hello?”

“Good evening, Miss. I’m sorry for disturbing you at this time. I’m presuming you’re Miss Kim?”

“Um, yes. How do you know who I am, and why are you calling?” You cautiously asked, looking to Yixing. He was as confused as you were.

“I’m calling from Seoul Hospital. A boy named Jung Daehyun has just got into a car accident. We already tried contacting his parents, but we can’t get through to them. You were the most recent person he had called, so we are calling you to come over to the hospital right away.”

“W-What?! Daehyun oppa got into a car crash?!”

“I’m afraid so. Is it possible for you to come over to Seoul Hospital immediately?”

“I-I’ll be over in 5 minutes!” With a shaky hand, you ended the call, and quickly stood up to get your bag.

“~~~~-ah, is everything okay?” Yixing asked while looking at your pale face.

“D-Daehyun oppa got into a car accident. I need to go over to the hospital right now. Could you drive me over, oppa?” Yixing quickly nodded, and the two of you got into his car and quickly drove off to the hospital.

 

“I’m looking for Jung Daehyun! He just got sent in because he got into a car accident! May I know where he is?!” You asked the nurse at the reception as soon as you got out of the lift with Yixing.

“One moment please, Miss.” The nurse told you the room he was at. You thanked her and ran down the hallway until you got to the designated room.

A Doctor was already inside, writing some things on his clipboard. Your eyes widened as you gasped at Daehyun’s figure lying on the bed. He had a bandage around his head and both his hands. “Doctor! Is oppa okay?!”

“Ah, you must be Miss Kim ~~~~~, the one we contacted a while ago.” “Yes, that’s me. Is Daehyun oppa going to be okay?!” You held onto the doctor’s sleeve, and looked up to him in hope.

“~~~~-ah, let go of the Doctor’s sleeve first. Stay calm.” Yixing gently took your hands off the doctor’s sleeve, and brought you closer to him, wrapping his arms around your waist from behind comfortingly.

“I’m afraid Mr Jung Daehyun is in a coma. His head had a rough collision with the steering wheel, and he has a badly sprained wrist from trying to turn the car too quickly to avoid the crash. Some glass also cut his hands.”

“C-Coma?!” Your legs nearly gave out, but luckily, Yixing was holding onto your waist tightly, so you wouldn’t fall over. Even though you and Daehyun had just had an argument, you still cared for him a lot, since he was one of your closest friends. “H-How long is he going to be in a coma for?! When is he going to wake up?! He won’t die, will he?! Doctor! You have to save oppa-“

“~~~~!” Yixing quickly held you back before you could clutch onto the doctor again. “Calm down, ~~~~. Listen to the doctor, first.” You took in a few deep breaths. “Do continue, Doctor.” Yixing nodded to the Doctor.

He thanked Yixing before continuing, “It’s really hard to tell you how long he’s going to be in a coma for. He could wake up in hours. Days. Weeks. Months. Years, even. The worst scenario...” The Doctor hesitated for a moment. You sharply held your breath.  “Is that he could never wake up.”

“Never wake up?” Yixing gasped. The Doctor sadly nodded, “It all depends on the patient themselves. They need to be strong in order to wake up. If they give up on themselves, they may never wake up.”

You stumbled into Yixing’s chest, as tears rolled down your cheeks. *He must’ve driven off too fast after he stormed out of the house from our argument. It’s my entire fault. If only he hadn’t stormed out of the house, he wouldn’t have driven too fast down the road, and crashed.*

“Could we stay with the patient, Doctor?” Yixing asked. The Doctor nodded, “Just don’t be too loud; there’s another patient in the room too. I hope you’ll respect that he needs his rest too.” Yixing nodded, “Of course, Doctor. Thank you.” He bowed as the Doctor left the room.

“Yixing oppa,” You turned around and wrapped your arms tightly around his waist, sobbing. “I-It’s my entire fault. We had another argument, a-and he stormed out of the house. He must’ve been really angry and got into a car crash without even realising.”

Yixing softened, and soothingly rubbed his girlfriend’s back, “It isn’t your fault, ~~~~. Everything happens for a reason. You must’ve been arguing about Daehyun wanting to be more than friends, right?” You nodded. “B-B

Please log in to read the full chapter