I can't

Should I say Goodbye?

 

“I will never like you!” She snapped, darting her eyes away from him. She said more loudly, “Not even if you were the last man on Earth!”

He looked out of the corridors and flashed a mischievous grin. His eyes were color brown. He darted his eyes on her and said, “Tsk! I don’t like you too, so don’t worry.” He confidently answered.

She started to laugh too but then she realized that he wasn’t kidding. He kept his eyes locked into hers, urging her to look away across the pavement.

“What do you mean?” She asked.

There are a lot of girls at their school and Ji yeon is certainly one of the most beautiful. She’s smart, talented, kind. Any man’s dream girl can be seen in her.

He glanced at her and shrugged, “Nah,” he muttered.

Nah? What does he mean with ‘nah’? She asked herself.  She is the girl suitable for a dream girl and he doesn’t like her. This seems to be some kind of joke. She thought.

His shoulders shook a little. She looked at his face and realized that he was teasing her the whole time. He was making a joke.

“Haha, very funny.” She sarcastically muttered, rolling her eyes once again. “Well, you better leave me alone... or... or – “

“... You will report me to the guidance office?” He said, his eyes were searching the corridors. He flashed another smile; a dimple was formed on his cheek. She looked away, not wanting for him to see the sudden flush on her cheeks.

“Precisely,” She nodded.

He just laughed and continued on his tracks. There she was, left where she was standing a couple of minutes ago, her eyebrows crossed, wondering, is this another prank of his?

Ji yeon just rolled her eyes and continued on the pavement on her way home. It was during sixth grade when she was having some trouble determining whether she likes him or not. Well, Daehyun was cute and attractive and hilarious and he was pretty smart. 

She went home like nothing happened at all. The day, after their exhausting classes, she continued on her pavement with a good mood. A flashing a great smile on her lips, her eyes looks like they were lit from within when suddenly, she darted her eyes at him, her heart sunk deep and she can hear her broken heartbeats.

He was with a girl.

She thought that he was interested with her too but he wasn’t. He was just playing with her. She slowly went to their direction and hissed, “Oppa, I thought you like me.”

He flashed a smile on his face and said, “Me? Likes you?” He leaned forward and looked at her expression, she held back her tears and he breathlessly uttered, “I will never like you.”

He continued on his way with Minyeon tugging his arms.

Her heart broke and she felt like the world suddenly crushed on her. Jiyeon’s bestfriend, Zelo, went and comforted her. “Jiyeon, let’s go.” His soothing voice softly uttered. She shoved his hands away from her shoulders and said, “I’m alright, Zelo. You don’t have to comfort me.”

He slowly watched her walk away. Her shadow was disappearing with the crowd. Even though he knows she wanted to be alone, he still followed her, wanting to make sure that she’s okay.

There she was at the club. Though she was underage, she pretended that she was a college student just to take a sip of vodka and forget how he dumped her.

“Jiyeon...” he hissed, sitting next to her. It’s her fourth bottle of vodka already and she’s not used to this kind of drinks. He certainly knows that right now, she’s already drunk.

“Oppa, why don’t you sit next to me? Come here! Drink a bottle of beer with me!” She blurted out laughing, trying to supress the tears forming in her eyes.

“Let’s go home.” He uttered, clasping her hands, dragging her to leave the club.

“I don’t like!” She shouted, removing her hands from his tight grip. “Leave me alone!”

“Jiyeon... I can’t. You know that. Your parents are not here in Seoul. And I’m the only one here with you. I can’t leave you.” He said.

Tears were swimming down her cheeks and she said, “Leave me! Like what they all did! Leave me alone! Dump me! Like what he did! It’s alright! That’s the only thing you guys want to do! You all want to hurt me! Everybody wants to hurt me! My parents won’t even spare a second to go back here in Seoul just to check out how I’m doing! Just leave me, Zelo! I’m used to it!”

He pulled her into a deep hug, maybe, by that, she’ll wake up. “I will never do that to you, Jiyeon. I can never do that to you.” She cried on his chest and hissed, “Oppa, it hurts so much.”

If he could only remove the pain in her heart, he would. But he can’t because she never let him. If she only knew what he feels, she’s not the only one hurting.