We'll see how far you'll get

Trust

So. The first chapter is here :) Thank you for being patient! As you might have seen, I've decided to add the pairing tag anyway because it will be revealed in probably the next chapter anyways. xD Chanhun! :D Yaaay~ Also, I added the romance tag because that will be an important aspect later on too ^-^

I'm a little bit nervous here because this is so different from what I usually write... I hope you'll like it! ~~

 

 

~~
I woke up and it was dark. I didn’t remember how I got there in the first place, I didn’t know where I was before I was there. I felt along the ground to, maybe, recognize something, but all I felt was a cold, tiled floor. Well, that was something, too. I was lying down on a cold, tiled floor in a pitch-black room. I tried standing up, but I was feeling light-headed and my body was sore all over. It didn’t take long for me to panic.
The light-headed feeling from just seconds ago, turned into a spinning craziness that I couldn’t control and I could feel the tears running down my face as I just didn’t know what the was happening. Trying to stand up again, to make the feeling go away, I knew I had chosen wrong; whatever food there was in my stomach, found its way out and the sickeningly sour taste stained my mouth. I couldn’t cry for help, I didn’t even know how to anymore. My own imaginary screams filled my mind and I tried to press my fingers in my ears to reduce the sound, only to realize something was already in there. Two earplugs were there, preventing me from blocking out the screams that I produced without any sound. It didn’t register in my brain to take the things out, so I left them there.
Then another sound invaded my hearing, it was two clicks a soft beep and if it hadn’t been completely silent otherwise, I wouldn’t have heard it through the cries that weren’t there. My head shot up and I looked around for where that beep came from and a small, red, flickering light seemed attached to one of the walls, high up, came into view.
“Help…” I said weakly to the only form of something I could see. “Help, please.” My voice didn’t do as I wanted – screaming for help – and all I could do was hopelessly whisper because I was so afraid. I scrambled to my feet, hoping to be able to get there, to touch that light, because it was the only thing there was, the only thing that made me think that maybe, I was alive.
I slipped. The feeling of something warm and sticky to my feet was invading my brain and soon, I felt like throwing up all over again because I had been standing in it. But my bare feet kept dragging me towards the red light high up, wanting me to get there, to touch it, to see if it was real, to see if I was still real. But before I got there, my foot got stabbed by something sharp and even though it hurt, I didn’t feel the need or want to let out any sound at the uncomfortable feeling. Instead, I bent down to pick up what I had stood on and I realized I still couldn’t see, which meant that there really wasn’t any light coming from anywhere but that faint red, flickering light above. What I had in my hand, was a key, though it felt rusty and foreign to my hand.
But if there was a key lying on the ground, wouldn’t that mean there was a door somewhere, too? Being in complete panic mode again, I stuck out my hands and began walking along the walls, turning left under the red light, but what I felt was a weird, plastic-like curtain whipping my face and scaring me into letting out a gasp. I hysterically threw my arms around to get the thing off my face and I fell over, pulling the plastic curtain down with me. I felt as if I couldn’t breathe, even though I could and when I was flailing my arms around to get the thing off me, I finally found out how to use my voice properly.
“Get this thing off me!” I yelled, immediately silencing myself as I heard a gasp fill my ears, right where those earplugs were. I started trembling, really not knowing what to do with myself any longer and I knocked out because I was so afraid of what was even happening.
 
--
 
Sehun was acting like a lunatic and I could imagine him going completely crazy in there, he never had a thing for dark places and right now, he couldn’t see anything at all. He had stood with his bare feet in both his own vomit and the key to the door and I couldn’t even wonder why he didn’t cry out like, because for instance, Zitao would have done; Sehun didn’t like to show he was in pain or distress. I pressed the button to be able to reach his ears and tell him to call down as he yelled in my ear to get the shower curtain off him, to which I gasped. He fell down, just like that.
“Guys, guys he fainted!” I yelled, trying to get at least someone to hear me. Nobody came though and I started to panic. If these people weren’t satisfied with the show… – which meant he couldn’t just be lying unconscious… Well , I had to figure something out, but I didn’t know what. I wrecked my brain, had he even heard me or not? Maybe I should have tried talking to him sooner, even though they’d rather I didn’t give him any instructions – hell, how could I not help him… “Sehun-ah.” I said after pressing the button to activate the microphone that was connected to his earphones – thank god he hadn’t pulled them out, well I didn’t even know if he had found out about them… He didn’t answer, he didn’t wake up. “, Sehun, wake up!” I said a little louder and through the camera that was pointed at him, I could see him stir. They had especially chosen those with infra-red function, to get things visible even in the dark, but… I hated it, I hated every single part of this, but what could I do… The pain I felt when I saw he had thrown up, the pain I felt when he was hysterically flailing his arms around while crying… My dear Sehun… “Come on, you have to find the door!” I hissed, though I was afraid that they had connected my microphone with not only Sehun’s earphones, but also the broadcasting station.
The door behind me opened finally, revealing Joonmyun-hyung looking worried. I wanted to scream at him though, what was taking him so long in the first place, how was I supposed to help Sehun alone?!
“How is he doing…”
“What do you think?!” I yelled, crossing a line I shouldn’t have crossed, but because he was just as scared as I was, he shrugged it off easily. My eyes were glued to the screen the second Sehun stood up slowly. “Sehun-ah! Nod your head if you can hear me!” I could see him tense up and Joonmyun-hyung was standing right behind me at that moment, his hands on my shoulders.
 
--
 
“Sehun-ah! Nod your head if you can hear me!” some familiar deep voice screamed into the earpieces I had in. I swallowed, not knowing if I should let the other know I had heard him, because well… easy, I was already freaking out without someone screaming in my– wait. My ear? Why did he call me… Sehun? I couldn’t instantly say that is was not my name, but really, was it? “Don’t you recognize me?” the voice persisted, even though I was still figuring out something else – not the slightest bit bothered by the plastic curtain still covering me or the dark in which I was engulfed.
“Baby, you know me though, right?” a different, way softer voice sounded, more remotely familiar. Maybe I had heard that one once or twice before but… nobody close enough to remember. Yet, he had called me baby… Slowly, I was shaking my head, this guy at least had to know that I didn’t know him – could he even see me though? –, even though the first voice was someone I might have talked to more often. “Y-you don’t…?” he sounded sad and it made me frown. It made me frown that an unknown guy was being down because I didn’t know him. It made me frown that I was still in the dark – both literally and not – and covered by… a plastic curtain. Though I wasn’t afraid of it anymore, I easily peeled it off my skin before carefully standing up, trying to feel my way along the walls again. “S-Sehun…?” he sounded desperate again and I scrunched up my face, this guy’s voice… it was okay, but if he kept talking to me like that, freaking me out because I didn’t know why he wanted me to know him so badly.
“Please can you… just stop?” I asked, not sure how or why I should have asked in the first place. It was silent for quite a long time and I took the time to feel my way along the walls again, searching for a way out with the key still tightly in my hand. I had found another wall, but when I traced it, it was short and seemed to only be some sort of barrier closing off a different space within the room.
“Sehun-ah, we can’t leave you alone, so I’ll be talking to you.” it was the same deep voice from before and it made me smile to hear him again, even though I felt weird with the name he called me.
“Who is Sehun?” I asked, while getting on the other side of the barrier-wall thing I had just encountered. I scraped my arm on something sharp that hang off the wall and no more than seconds later, I tripped over a massive object, slowly getting me insane again as I cut my hand by gripping the key too harshly. Why was everything in here trying to kill me and why was everything in places I wanted to go?! I frantically felt around the thing I had fallen over, coming to the conclusion that it was something shaped like a bowl and the only name I could give it, was toilet-bowl. Nobody replied to my question and scared as I was at the moment, I ran in a random direction until I felt the dirty slipperiness that was my vomit – again.
“Sehun! You have to calm down!” he hissed in my ear and I didn’t know whether to pay attention to his hushed voice or his words. Why did I have to calm down if they threw all of this at me? Why was his voice down, when he had been yelling in my ear earlier? But the funny thing was, I did calm down slightly. “I can’t tell you much…”
It was the last thing I heard from him for a very long time, so I decided I would figure this out on my own, because I would not be dying in this place, even if I had no idea what other things I should have been doing at the moment. Why were their voices familiar, why couldn’t I name them, why couldn’t I name myself, except for ‘Sehun’, which they had called me… I didn’t understand, why couldn’t I remember anything from before I woke up here?
I needed to refocus. If I wanted to get out of this darkness, I would have to find the door that fit with the key. I had gone left after I found my way to the key and the flickering red light, so this time, I would go right, since I knew I had returned to the place I was before – given the vomit I had stood in twice. I slowly made my way to the small light again before turning right, holding my hands out in front of me again to not collide with anything.
I felt something. My fingertips were tracing something that felt very much like a doorknob. My eyes widened at the realization that I could be free now; if I would be able to open this door, everything would be over! I would wake up from this crazy dream, remember who I am and… And I’d be free!
Inserting the key in the hole I found seconds later, it took me a while to twist it around because both the key and the keyhole were rusty and probably not used in a while. But I… I managed. I managed to actually open the door and when I did, sunlight flooded inside and I ran out the door, delighted to be out in the open again. I had to squint my eyes at the sudden light, but I was so happy to know that at least I hadn’t gone blind in there.
As I looked down, I could see I was wearing a sort of jacket with some weird logo all over it, underneath that, I wore a plain white shirt. I didn’t wear shoes nor socks, but the pants I wore, were some silvery material that glimmered in the sunlight. I wondered what the hell was going on with my clothing, but since I couldn’t remember who I was… maybe this kind of weird guy was me?
I wiped my feet clean at the grass below me, but erasing all the traces of my own vomit wasn’t possible; I would need water to get that done. Finally being out of that dark space, I took the time to glance around, I wanted to know where I had ended up. It seemed like a peaceful place, a sort of backyard surrounded by a high wooden fence. I swung the door open completely, until it hit the side of the building I had been in and took everything I saw, in.
To my right there was quite a large pond, one that I needed to clean my feet off – by which I wasn’t even that disgusted anymore – but as I walked closer to dip my feet in, I saw that disturbing, red, flickering light again. I squinted my eyes and got closer to it, noticing it hang from the fence, right in between the pond and a large tree.
Oh right. I knew what it was now and knowing one of these had been in the dark building too… I felt weirded out, watched, controlled even… They had put up cameras and the discovery of those two made me want to find the rest as well and I completely forgot about my horribly dirty feet again. I felt the fear wash over me again, this time it was from being monitored and I ran around the place, noticing that these two were the only one within this space. Another thing came in sight and I willed the fear and insecurity to ebb away as that voice filled my ears again.
“Hun-ah, I’m sorry, I have to go away for a while…” Hun-ah? I swallowed hard and slowed to a stop in front of a small, sheltered, closed off space which had me feeling the insecurity and fear just now. Hun-ah… It sounded so familiar. I looked inside the closed off space, seeing something that looked most like an iPad coming into view, lying on top of a pedestal, but I was unable to be surprised as my mind was with the person who had just told me he had to go for a while. He had been talking familiarly with me all the time and in contrast to the other voice I had heard, he actually sounded familiar enough to me. All of a sudden, the screen flashed on, nearly giving me a heart-attack as I fell backwards but scrambled up right away because what the hell was going on with this place?!
“Well, Sehun-ssi, I see they have chosen quite a character… I hope you’ll do well because if you don’t, you’ll die. Not only that, you’ll bring down your company with you.”
“I’ll… die?” I croaked out, looking at the man through the screen, already disgusted by the way he spoke to me.
“Well obviously, if you don’t try to make it out alive… Say, Sehun-ssi, you might want to consider behaving yourself in front of our cameras; I’m sure you’ve figured those out already. I’ll drop you your first mission later and we’ll see how far you’ll get.” With that, the screen again and I just stood there, confused out of my mind. I might die, bring the company down with me… what company was that guy even talking about and why was I so scared of him… Why did everything seem so real while it was so weird?!
 
--
 
God this wasn’t good. I had used his nickname, the one I always used when we were alone. What if he caught on sooner than they had anticipated? What if it was going to be me who put him in danger? … Why was I so inconsiderate when I let it slip… I had seen that he remembered, though probably not enough to know who I was, but he knew that he knew me.
The southern camera was pointed straight at the messaging hut, which Sehun stood before at the moment. His first mission would be appearing on the screen soon, but it really was the last thing I wanted to see at the moment. He had already hurt himself so much without anything even starting. 
~~
 
 
 
So, I really hope you liked it because I've been trying really hard (I even drew something that looks like a map-thing to not make any mistakes xD) so yeah.
Thank you awesome people who have subscribed and commented! <3