Eternal

Eternal

 

A slam of a door was heard as she entered her apartment. Tears were falling down her cheeks and she leaned on her door, slowly sliding down afterwards. “Stupid, jerk, …” she kept as she hit the floor with her fist.


She opened the door to his apartment, cake in hand. “Chen, I’m here!” she called out. Her boyfriend, Chen, had called her earlier saying that he wanted to meet up with her. She left her shoes near the door and looked around the spacious apartment. “Chen?” she called, but there wasn’t an answer. “He must be sleeping…” she opened his bedroom door. The cake fell from her hands when she saw Chen’s back and another figure on the bed – Mina, Chen’s ex-girlfriend – hugging. The lady saw her and smirked. Without looking at Chen’s face, she ran out of the apartment, crying.


A knock was heard on her door. “Anna! Open the door!” a male’s voice was o the other side. “Anna, I know you’re in there!” She hurriedly wiped away her tears and opened the door. “Hey Kris,” she greeted him without looking into his eyes. “Hey, what’s wrong?” she asked and wrapped his arms around her. She tried to hold back the tears, but being in the arms of her best friend made her crack. She sobbed into his chest and muttered incoherently. “He… he cheated…” was all she had to say to get Kris fired up. Kris led her to the couch and just let her cry.


She fell asleep crying in his arms. When he was sure she would not wake up soon, he brought her to her bedroom and tucked her in. He kissed her forehead and went to her living room he dialed a series of numbers and was pacing around. He wanted answers and he wanted them right away. “Xiumin,” he said the moment the phone was answered, not giving the other time to respond. “I want to know everything,” he demanded answers. “I don’t know anything, really. Luhan knows,” Xiumin told him and hung up right away, avoiding further interrogation. Kris decided to confront Luhan.


The moment Luhan opened his door, Kris barged in. “Tell me what happened!” he demended. “Calm down first,” Luhan told him. Kris took a deep breath and sat down. “Okay, I’ll tell you everything, but you must promise not to tell her.” Even though he really wanted to, he agreed he wouldn’t. “So, this is what happened…” Luhan told him everything. “What?!” Kris was outraged, but he calmed himself. “She has to know,” he told Luhan. “She can’t.” Luhan sighed. “Why not?” Kris asked. “Chen doesn’t want her to.” Kris didn’t argue further.

Anna did her best to forget everything about him. One day, she decided to clean her room of everything that reminded her of him. She put them all in a box and headed to the backyard. “After three years, you decide to betray me? You were perfect – or at least I thought you were. Everything went smooth between us. I guess I was too caught up with planning our happily ever after than I hadn’t even realized… – I was such a fool for believing that everything would be perfect,” she talked to the air as if he was in front of her. She smiled bitterly as a tear rolled down her cheek. She wiped it way quickly, “This is the last time I’m ever going to cry for you.” She started by lighting a fire into a big tin and dropping his first love letter to her. “I hate you,” she muttered darkly. Their pictures followed and everytime she dropped one in, she said the words “I hate you”.

All the pictures and letters were now ash. She raised her arm to throw in the necklace he had given her for their first anniversary. “Together forever you said. Bull.” She was about to let go of the piece of jewelry when a pair of arms wrapped themselves around her waist and pulled her away from the tin. She turned around and saw Luhan. “You… what are you doing here?” he asked him coldly. When he didn’t answer, she forced her way out of his grip and said, “If you don’t have anything to say, I’m going to continue burning the things I got from that horrible, cheating, jerk, and traitor of a cousin of yours and you can leave.”
“He didn’t betray you!” Luhan screamed. “What!?” her head snapped to his direction and she glared. “He didn’t betray you he–” he was cut off. “Don’t try covering for him. That horri–” “He’s dead, okay?!” Luhan screamed, finally letting the secret out. She was left speechless and Luhan decided to tell her everything. “Two days before he died, he asked Glenn, his twin, to pretend to be him and make you hate him. He didn’t want you to be depressed after he dies. After he called you, he was shot. He knew he would be killed that day. He wanted you to–”
“–hate him. Why was he killed? Who did it?” she asked with a shaking voice. “His father’s rival company wanted his father to lose his only heir and I guess you already know what’s next” Luhan told him.
She dropped onto the ground and broke down in front of him. He wrapped his arms around her and she sobbed. “ He wantd you to know that he loves you so much.” She cried even more. “That pabo.” She clutched the necklace to her chest and just cried.

 

-.-----

END! * Pabo means fool. :)

follow @votreJaebe on twitter and instagram :)