JYP

Dancing Queens

"Omo! This has never happened before." Hyosung gaped at the computer screen, which showed their performance from last week...that got over one million views on YouTube, only a little less than the views that Beast got.                                                                                                           

"Well, now we know why we got that call from J-J-JYP," Min stuttered out. Working with JYP - the man they called "The Asian Soul" - had been a dream of hers since she had seen him dance at his concert as a little girl. "Can you believe it? He wants to be our manager!" Min shook her head, again, still in disbelief.

 

 

 

 

 "What do you think, Hyoyeon?" Hara asked. While all the other girls had been gasping and jumping around, Hyoyeon hadn't said anything, and she was kind of like their unofficial leader.

 

 

 Hyoyeon opened , then closed it, like she couldn't think of what to say. Finally she said, "Our hard work has paid off. If JYP becomes our manager we'll have more exposure than we've ever had. I like making up our own dances and all of the freedom we have, but JYP has some really good dancers & choreographers, and he has some skills himself."

 

 Hyosung smiled. "I guess we're auditioning!"

 

 "Girls, let's get to work! We have to wow him!" Hara jumped up from the floor, clapping her hands together at the same time her phone started ringing. She frantically searched her purse, dropping to her knees, until she got to her cell. "Aish! I'm so sorry, but it's Junhyung, and he hasn't called me in forever..."

 Min and Hyoyeon threw a 'look' at each other. Min made a mental note to inquire about Junhyung not calling Hara in 'forever'.

 Hyosung coughed awkwardly. "Well, we can start stretching anyway..."

 

 "What kind of routine are we going to do?" Min asked, dropping into a split.

 Hyosung giggled, "Let's do a y one~"

 

 "Let me guess, it's going to be to a Beyonce song?" Min and Hyoyeon said at the same time, rolling their eyes at each other.

 "How'd you know?"

 

 All three of them laughed, quietly, not trying to disturb Hara's conversation. Hara was twirling her hair around her finger, giggling every few seconds, and saying, "Baby, you're so cute!" and "Aww, I heard they work idols really hard, so I believe you. I don't know why, you're already so perfect!"

 

 Hyoyeon felt like gagging.

 "I can choreograph it!" Hyosung volunteered. She did her usual big eye smile. "I was thinking it could be to that 'Kitty Kat' song, and we can use colorful scarfs as props!"

 Hyoyeon blinked. "That actually sounds really cool."

 Hara hung up, and was visibly sad as she walked over to join the rest of the group. "What'd I miss?"

 Min clucked her tongue. "First, how come Junhyung hasn't called you in forever?"

 Hara gaped at her. "He's training at Cube and is very busy!"

 Hyoyeon shrugged. "Whatever you say."

 

 Hara tried to ignore how dryly she said it and how Min & Hyoyeon's eyes met over her head.

 "You guys should spice up your relationship," Hyosung started as she helped Hara stretch, "you have been together for a year now."

 "Yeah, maybe," Hara replied before she changed the subject. "Can we stop talking about my love life and focus on our audition for JYP?"

 Hyosung nodded, stepping to the front of the studio and putting her hands on her hips. "I was thinking..."

 

 ~

 

 "Who's next?" JYP asked, peering over the top of his sunglasses at Chansung.

 Chansung was part of his most famous & talented dance crew, 2PM. JYP had asked them to help him in these auditions, because in his many years in the dance scene he learned auditions could be very tiresome. And so far, he wasn't seeing any real talent.

 Wooyoung yawned. "Someone called 'Dancing Queens'."

 

 JYP sat up, slamming a hand on the table. "These girls are good, I know they are! Send them in immediately."

 "They should be good, they're called Dancing Queens!" Nickhun and Taecyeon snickered.

 "Dancing Queens, you're up," Jun.K said into the loudspeaker. Four girls - who they noticed were all very pretty - sashayed their way into the center of a room.

 "I'm not feeling it, I'm not feeling it" Beyonce's voice purred through the speaker as the girls waved their bodies in sync.

 They moved cleanly - and ily - through their routine, winking and smiling. Taecyeon was floored. He leaned over to JYP's ear, whispering, "They've got it. They're the ones."

 JYP smirked. "I agree." He patted Taecyeon's head, who was close to drooling, never taking his eyes off of the self-proclaimed Dancing Queens.

 When they finished they even got applause from the other people who were auditioning. All of them were smiling, sweat gleaming on their foreheads.

 "I like you girls' style," Junho told them, grinning.

 Hyosung grinned right back. "Who doesn't?"