Prepare Yourself

Dancing Queens

"Oh my gosh, Hyoyeon, this is amazing!" Hara latched onto Hyoyeon's arm, hanging open like it had been ever since they got out of the car. Min was hanging onto Hyoyeon's other arm and Hyosung had her usual smile that made it so you could barely see her eyes.

"I know, I know. . .yah, you all should be thanking me for booking this gig in the first place!" Hyoyeon playfully shoved Hyosung, who's smile got even wider in response. "We should hurry up and get to our seats so Hara can watch her boyfriend dance~"

Hara blushed, rolling her eyes. "Stop it~"

"Hey, isn't that Hyunseung? Doesn't he dance with Junhyung?" Hyosung asked.

Hyunseung looked lost; he was wandering around the hallway, his hand on his hip and rubbing his chin.

"Let's go check it out," Min suggested. Hara started walking over to him and the rest of the girls followed.

They all shouted to get his attention. His eyes widened and he jumped back, Min catching him right before he fell. "We didn't mean to scare you!" She said, making sure he was steady before she let go of his arm.

He chuckled. "I'm okay. Why are you guys here?"

"I was going to ask you the same thing. . ." Hara laughed. "Junhyung told me last night you guys were peforming at 2:00, which is in five minutes."

Hyunseung gasped and pushed past the four girls. "Oh my God, how did I forget?!" He hit himself on the forehead, scolding himself loudly as he sped off.

The four of them burst out laughing, and it was awhile before they got themselves together. "Okay, let's go! I wanna see my baby dance," Hara giggled, skipping away. The rest of them followed - teasing Hara about Junhyung along the way, of course.

~

Since they were peforming later they had front row seats.

Britney Spears' "Big Fat Bass" blasted through the speakers; Min danced in her seat. The host said, "Everyone, welcome to the fourth annual 'Dance Seoul!' showcase, where the best dance crews in South Korea come to show what they've got." He flashed perfect, white teeth, causing most of the girls to swoon. "Just like last year we've got Beast opening up the show for us! But before we get started, there's an annoucement they would like to make."

Doojoon smiled nervously, taking the mic from the host with shaking hands. "Last night, we had a meeting with a company called Cube Entertainment, and. . .we've been signed as an idol group that will debut early next year."

Everyone in the audience jumped to their feet and clapped, but Hara was frozen in her seat. Her eyes met with Junhyung, and she tried to smile at him, but she just couldn't. She had heard all about idols busy schedules' and dating bans - would new Junhyung, an idol, have time for a girlfriend? Hara tried to forget about all of her worries and focus on her boyfriend's performance.

Beast got into formation once the crowd quieted down. A song no one knew started up, until Hara heard a voice that could only belong to Junhyung start rapping. She gasped. They already had a debut song? Gi-kwang did a backflip; the whole group started gliding across the stage, and it was so smooth they looked like they were flying. Junhyung did his Popping Dragon dance. Afterwards a Michael Jackson song - Dangerous - came on. They each grabbed a fedora from the floor and started to dance, looking like six mini Michael Jacksons.

Everyone was cheering like crazy and even Hara was distracted from her worrying.

Now, Hyoyeon was worried. They had to go on after that amazing performance.. but they could top it. She had to have faith in her and her girls. She squeezed Hyosung's hand. "Let's do this!" She exclaimed.

All four of the girls got up from their seats and ran up to the stage, Beast giving words of encouragement as they got off stage. The host came up to join them.

"What's the name of your crew?" He asked, smirking.

Hyoyeon glanced behind at her crew one more time before she answered, "Dancing Queens. Prepare yourself." The crowd whispered excitedly amongst each other after that, but all Hyoyeon could hear was her pounding heart.

A funky song from the 90s' bass kicked in, and Hyoyeon's foot started tapping. She grinned at the crowd; they had no idea what they were in for. She pointed to the left, seeing out of the corner of her eye Min doing the same. To start the routine Min and her did their Little Winners routine from when they were younger; after Hyosung did her Beyonce dance; Hara danced to a Danity Kane song; then they all came together to do a powerful routine to Beyonce's "Who Run The World (Girls)".

Min popped like she'd never popped before. Hyoyeon's robot was its sharpest. Hyosung was so y every man in the front row tongues were wagging. Hara's moves were so fluid she was like water, and her hips swayed like they had a life of their own. Their group dance was so powerful & intense all of them were drenched in sweat.

It was all worth it when the host ran on stage, breathless, and said - "Dancing Queens, you most certainly are."

The crowd hooted and clapped like their lives depended on it, and the self-proclaimed Dancing Queens felt, in this moment more than ever, that all of their hours spent in the dance studio were worth it.

Their linked hands, sweaty bodies, and elated faces said it all.