Cleansing Cream

Cleansing Cream

Tiffany rubbed some drowsiness off her eyes. The kid leader had promised to spend Christmas Eve with her, exchanging gift and watching the programmes aired only during end-of-year season. It was almost 11.30 pm. Where was Taeyeon? She was going to miss all the Christmas-only movies.

She held the present she had prepared earlier closer to her s. It was wrapped in green and red, just the colours for the occasion – the colours Taeyeon liked to see on a Christmas gift. She remembered six years ago when the two of them just started exchanging presents at this time of the year, Taeyeon had complained how Tiffany always use pink wrappers for every single event where presents were involved, including Christmas.

“You know, Teepani, pink is not a Christmas kind of colour,” she had said.

Tiffany had argued how pink was her favourite colour and that it looked nice anyway but the older lass insisted that Tiffany wrap her gifts in something more Christmas-related for subsequent years. And so she did.

The young woman was starting to get sick of staring at the television standing next to an artificial small tree dressed in perpetually blinking lights and gleaming ornaments. She made up her mind and finally took out her phone to make a call just to make sure that Taeyeon was indeed coming. She was one second away from clicking the dial button when she heard the sound of a taxi coming and stopping right outside.

Miyoung heard a door of the cab opened and then shut again. And before she knew it, a clicking sound could be heard and her door knob was turned almost hastily. And there the young woman she had been waiting for, clumsily slamming their door back and panting heavily, one hand holding a small handbag while fingers of her other hand hooked a pair of high-heels.

“S-Sorry,” she said in between her rapid breathing. She smiled apologetically, put down her footwear and started walking towards the couch on which her dongsaeng was resting.

“They released you that late?”

“Not really,” Taeyeon replied briefly, still trying to catch her breath. “Got caught by a group of fans on the way.”

The brunette could not help but chuckle heartily and, in the process, pressed up her slightly chubby cheeks which made her eyes look like it was squinting. The still panting girl was sure that the younger girl just stole even more of her breath away with that signature eye-smile of hers.

Taeyeon climbed into the sofa, putting the red silk cushion on her slim laps. She half-collapsed and let her head fall back and her long, wavy, golden-blonde hair to fall beyond the back of the soft couch.

The brown-haired young lady noticed the absence of anything of significant bulk wrapped neatly in glittery papers and glossy ribbons. Her smile turned into a pout and she whined in disappointment. “Yah, did you even remember to buy me anything?”

Gasping, the other girl put a hand over her gaping mouth and sat up straight from her resting state. She looked at Tiffany as if in shock, and gritted her teeth a bit. “Look, Tiffany, I’m so sorry—”

“Babo, yah,” Tiffany glared back at the blonde. She crossed her arms and pouted more until her cheeks resembled a fully inflated puffer fish closely. “I hate you.”

Giggling mischievously, Taeyeon ped her small handbag and pulled something out of it. She stretched her right arm, holding out a small box draped in glossy red paper. Taeyeon beamed proudly and, as if urging the US-educated girl to snatch it from her hand immediately, she glanced at Tiffany.

There was a small post-it note taped to its top.

Especially for My Precious Miyoung’ was written on it and an elaborate butterfly-like signature was drawn at the bottom right hand corner. Tiffany flinched at the sight of her Korean name but knew the leader was deliberately doing it to . She knew that Taeyeon knew that she did not like being addressed by her Korean name much. She laughed it off eventually, too happy with the rest of the phrasing, especially the possessive pronoun ‘my’.

“I’ll open it, okay?” It was really more of an announcement than a request for permission. Tiffany removed, or rather tore, the ribbons like a five-year-old girl. Nevertheless, Taeyeon nodded excitedly, further prompting Tiffany to quickly open the tiny box. A necklace with whitish, thin strand and pink heart-shaped pendant was sitting comfortably on its cushioning silky cloth. The brunette mouth gaped a bit as though she was about to utter her thanks or some words of amazement but nothing came out. “...I’m speechless, Taeng.”

The shorter lass smiled cheekily, resting her hands on Tiffany’s shoulders. “The thing is made of real silver and it really wasn’t cheap,” she announced half-braggingly. “So don’t lose it, okay?”

Tiffany shook her head instantly and laughed, her giggles full of bubbly mirth. “Never,” Taeyeon took it from her hands and unattached the connecting ends. Tiffany held her long, reddish-brown hair and let the kid-leader put the silvery necklace around and attaching the connecting ends right behind her neck. “Oh, check out what I’ve got for you!”

The brunette did not wait for her unnie to unwrap it and instead dismantled the present herself. The small box, which now seemed much bigger when put side-by-side with Taeyeon’s gift, contained a pair of green flats. Tiffany eagerly looked at the blonde and she was awarded with a radiant smile as soon as Taeyeon took it out and found that they were a perfect fit for her feet.

“High-heels have been giving you hell, haven’t they?”

Sipping her Christmas Eve coffee, Taeyeon giggled happily at the Christmas-special sitcom they were watching. Stifling a mouthful of laughter, she turned to Tiffany to made a remark about how stupid one character was but held her tongue before a word could escape and frowned instead.

“Say, Tiffany, did you,” the shorter girl asked, observing the other’s face intently. “Remove your make-ups?”

“Ah, I thought you would come earlier so I planned to remove them after the first movie ended,” she explained. “But now that it’s so late, I don’t think there is a point in doing it,” she laughed to herself, unsure of why the leader still looked bewildered. “You know, I can just clean it off in the morning.”

Hearing that, Taeyeon took out her own make-up kit from her purse. She put some cleansing milk on a thin layer of facial cotton and looked at the other, demanding her to rub all cosmetics off her face. “Tiffany, it will make you age faster if you don’t remove them!”

Not long after the argument, Tiffany discovered that she had no choice but to surrender to the kid-leader’s order.

“Why is it so hard to talk some sense into you?” Taeyeon sighed as she threw another used piece of cotton and grabbed a fresh one.

The younger one pouted sulkily as her unnie cleansed the thick eyeliner, eyes-shadow and blush-on off her face. “But it’s Christmas Eve! Can’t you just let me look pretty for a special occasion?”

Taeyeon rolled her eyes and tittered mockingly. “But there’s no one else to see you here except me.”

“...That’s the point.”

“Babo,” It pleasantly surprised Taeyeon how Tiffany actually delayed cleaning the sickeningly thick layers of make-ups just to impress her. She lightly pinched the bare cheeks of the younger lass playfully.“What’s the use of pretty make-ups when you already have a gorgeous face.”

Tiffany grinned ear-to-ear, flattered by the other’s remark. “Are you serious?” She jumped and hugged Taeyeon down to the cozy couch.

Taeyeon did not reply. Neither of the young women felt the necessity of a reply. But Taeyeon nodded provocatively and pulled down the taller lass into a tight hug. Teasingly, she pursed her lips as if wanting to kiss Tiffany but as the brunette leaned forward, the unnie pulled back. Tiffany, irritated, half-exclaimed but the blonde, utterly amused, nonchalantly dismissed it with a laughter.

“Well, it’s your fault for still stubbornly having your lipstick on,” she put a finger to the other’s lips. “I don’t want anyone seeing me with a shocking pink lipstick stains in the morning, you know.”

A/N: First attempt on a girlxgirl couple. I personally loved it more than I planned to!

And that awkward moment when you’re by both boyxboy and girlxgirl pairings but not by het ones lol. Guess that makes me homoual-ual lol.

Anyway this was meant to be a pre-Christmas fic but I kinda experienced some damned writer’s block so yeah lol.