Final

Gathering At The Fashion Show

Minjun's POV

 

The rhythmic music was echoing in every corner of the pavilion whose capacity was over 5000 people. Hundreds of people are meeting here on a day like today; photographers, businessmen, models, MCs, actors and actresses, singers, any kind of celebrity, everyone gathered here, seated on their seats.  In front of them, there’s a large white catwalk, at the edge of the catwalk, the photographers are taking the pictures yearningly, giving their best to take the best shots of the show. The music sounding through the big stereo links with the flow of the models walking along the large catwalk. The models were setting the hypnotizing rhythm, so that you can’t take your eyes from it. Everything is in perfect harmony; the music, how the models were walking through the catwalk, the public, even the photographers giving their best capturing the model showing their designed clothes and giving their best smiles.

The designs showcased were the icing of the cake of this fashion show. Pastel colours, scottish and sixties prints, etc. The designed outfits were making happy and content the people who were watching them. They were also wanting to get their hands in one of those luxurious and fashionable outfits.

 

But there was something more perfect than the designs and the atmosphere there. Something making the show more perfect than already was.

 

Today, my new girlfriend has surprised me with two invitations for this fashion show. Since we announced our relationship in public to our fans and everyone, social media has been all over us. Our bosses have press us, whom haven’t take our relationship in good terms.  We also have to add the fact that the media follow us 24/7 and although our fans have accepted the news, there’s always exceptions and some of them also haven’t take in good terms our relationship.  Sadly, my girl has taken the worst part. Since she debuted with her girlband, she has been bullied by the press, only because she’s bi-racial, has porcelain-like skin and her eyes aren’t brown like everyone here but dark blue, the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen. Her beauty doesn’t fit the korean standards.

 

Despite the harshness and critics from the korean press and netizens, she has endure the critics with dignity. She has fight against them and has stand up to herself very well against the people who have critized only for her aspect. Her will and perseverance are the qualities I admire the most about her and get me more and more in love with her.  People haven’t esteemed her beauty but I did, inside and outside beauty. Yes, she isn’t my ideal type, but she’s soo much better than the ideal woman I described in the press.  Her pale skin, fragile, delicate, her cold aspect, making my skin and my body burn in desire. Portraying every single trace of her face and her body, elevating her to the maximum level of beauty and perfection.

 

Her dark blue eyes fit with her fragile complexity, making her more perfect and beautiful, making my heart beat faster when my brown ones meet hers. Those eyes reflecting all of herself, her kindness, preseverance and inner strengh. Causing me the desire of protecting her and secure that her beauty will never be desecrated.

 

Today it was her decission to take the initiative and face all the public media, protecting me, giving me strengh to fight what I fear most, the fear of watching her defeated by the media and netizens. Her overwhelming strengh has revitalized me, and today, showing that our love is authentic and strong, we walked to the fashion show hand in hand in every moment.

 

She was looking directly to the designs dressed fashionably by the models walking through the catwalk, her eyes catched all the details and little patterns from the outfits, she was part of the hypnotizing magic of the place, fitting perfectly. Being the good fashionasta like me, her outfit was suitable for the ocassion; she was wearing some black stilettos inspired by the 90’s fashion trends, her long white legs were showing until her knees, sometimes I couldn’t stop looking at them, I ran out of breath by just watching, they were the perfect size and length. She was wearing a white dress, the long sleeves were covering the length of her delicate arms, a little pocket was placed on her chest, a mere decoration of the dress, giving the dress a touch of elegance and grace.  Finishing her outfit, a big black bow of velveteen give the final touch to the outfit. Her hair was completely straight and her light makeup were making my heart beat strongly.

 

In the middle of the show, the male models started to walk through the catwalk, keeping the hypnotizing rhythm of the parade. Suddenly my hand felt the warm touch of my girlfriend’s hand, I turned my head to meet her eyes and be able to appreciate her whole once more. Her eyes were looking at me curiously and her lips formed a smile opened up slightly to comment something about the show with me:

 

-“What do you think about the fashion show? Now that male models are showcasing the beautiful designs, I hope you can find some outfit to your taste for your tour with 2PM through Asia in a month. I have already seen two outfits perfect for me.  When the fashion show ends, we’ll go backstage to talk with the designer.”- her pitch was low but enough to understand her.

 

-“I’m liking a lot this fashion show. It’s perfect; the illumination, the place, the music, the designs, everything it’s in the right place. I hope our bosses won’t refuse when we ask for these designs, kekekeke” – I laughed low and she didn’t take her eyes on me. Smiling and without releasing my hand she dragged her attention back at the show. I kept my gaze at her for one more time and finally turned my head back at the front, to keep observing the show and enjoying every detail of it, while feeling the touch and warm from her skin.

 

The designer was the last walking through the catwalk, like at the end of every fashion show, thanking the public for their attention. The public stood up offering a big standing ovation, the show was a success and we were part from that standing ovation, clapping enthusiastically as a response of our total satisfaction with the fashion show and its beautiful designs.

 

Took by the hand, we avoided the press from taking photos of us and headed backstage before we could been hounded by thousands of papparazzi at the exit.  Among the crowd who were talking with themselves, we walked unnoticed. Reaching backstage, all the models were celebrating the success of the show drinking champagne. We decided stay outside and wait for their little celebration to end, taking adventage of the situation, my girlfriend gripped my hand with more strength, I turned my head inmediately to look her. She lowered her head down a bit, looking at the floor.  A small and weak smile appeared on her lips and she started talking:

 

-“You know, I don’t understand how we got to this situation. A couple of years ago, I was seating on the couch at my house, the other girls were supporting and encouraging me while I didn’t have the will for life because I didn’t like my new life. Everybody keep criticizing me, treating me poorly because I was born in another country. I always came to my home country to escape from all the bad things happening to me here.  Now, I’m the one who’s fighting and winning all of her battles against the people who critizes me, my girls are always asking me for advice in beauty and fashion, and people is starting to support and love me. I feel more confident, I’m feeling like I’m bracing my true self…” –she dropped my hand for a moment, but her eyes were kept on the floor.

 

-“And, you were always there when I was hurt, when I debuted, when I was celebrating my first victory with the girls, when I’m happy and in the middle of our success. Making me see how things really are. You have inspired me to take the lead. We must be brave and face everything we will go through. I know you’re the one who is always protecting me, but this is a thing for two, and I don’t want you to suffer.  It’s my also my duty as your girlfriend to protect you, I wouldn’t like to happen something bad to our relationship and somehow you stayed away from me. No, I don’t even wanna think about that”- She lifted up her beautiful face a little and now she was looking at distance.

 

-“I’m really thankful, Kim Minjun. For everything, and that’s what has motivate me and keeping me going ahead…” – My hands took her chin, to make her eyes look directly mine.  Her serene blue eyes but determinated, penetrated all of my being, making me took her hand strongly to take her somewhere near when nobody can’t look at us.

 

I leaned her softly on a closest wall near the backstage door and my lips were looking at hers to kiss her. I couldn’t resist anymore. She inmediately responded my kiss, following my game. She put her hands on my chest and I put mine on her hips just to kiss her stronger and deeper, our tongues were dancing together in our mouths. That kiss lasted for a few moments but for us it lasted for an eternity. Finally we broke our kiss and our mouths were separated. That confident look on her eyes were acompained by a splendorous smile.

 

-“Saranghaeyo Nicola-ssi” – At that momment, was the only thing I could say.

 

-“Ne, oppa saranghae” – She took her hands from my chest and looked for my hands to take them.

 

Hand by hand, we headed backstage, without any fear and worry about the press and what will the people say.