Invincible

Invincible

 

He was standing in front of the bar again, not knowing what to do.
Just a few minutes ago She had been still here with him and his friends. She would be back soon, she just forgot something; that's what she told him. He offered to drive her but she declined with a smile, a smile that could calm him down no matter what bothered him. "I will be right back, Oppa, don't you worry too much." That were her last words to him. 

I said don't do it babe
Said it ain't worth it babe
But you did it anyway
Four or five drinks and you were on your way 

He couldn't even imagine how his life could get any better than it already was. He was one of the most popular Idols in the business. He wasn't only a songwriter for his own group but others were hoping to get a song from the famous Yong Junhyung as well. His group just finished their second World tour and he only got closer to his bandmates. But the most important part of his life was the woman who was waiting for him at home. He had missed her terribly all these weeks that he couldn't see her, wrap his arms around her and inhale her scent which made him feel home. He had made a decision while he was alone in his hotelrooms, looking at a picture of them together. "She will be the girl I'll marry. Kim Hyunah, you're mine and I won't let you go again." He was carrying the small velvet box with him for weeks already. He was just waiting for the perfect moment to finally ask her what has been on his mind for so long. But with just one call, his whole world shatters into pieces. His phone fell on the ground, gathering the attention from his friends. They tried talking to him, obviously worried about what he was told but he didn't even realize it. He stood up, not caring about the worried looks they gave him and ran outside. "It can't be. I-it has to be someone else! They just mistook someone for her. But..why am I running there then? My phone will ring any second and she will ask me where I am and why I didn't wait for her." He already imagined how he would be able to hear the pout in her voice and the thought made him chuckle, until he saw the building in front of him. "Didn't you just drop your phone when the doctor called you?!" a voice in his head reminded him. 

He ran inside, making his way to the emergency room, where he could already see her best friend pacing up and down. She lifted her head up as she heard his steps. She opened but he interrupted her, "So, it's true? Is she really in there?" "No, babo, I'm standing here and waiting to hear what happened to a complete stranger. Dammit, Junhyung, how could you let her drive?" She immediately regretted her sarcastic remark and giving him the fault for her friends accident. It wasn't his fault but she was too stressed and worried right now. Junhyung understood her and just wrapped his arms around her, hoping he could calm both of them down. " She will be okay, Gayoon-ah." He didn't believe his own words but he didn't dare to think that the girl of his dreams could die any moment. 
Their friends had come soon after him. Gayoon was holding Sohyun in her arms, who kept on sobbing due to the fact that he favorite unnie could leave her. His bandmates were sitting on the ground, each of them in their own thoughts except for his best friend who went up to Junhyung and asked if he needed anything. "It's been three hours already, Seob. I just need someone to tell me that she is fine."

September 1st, 2010
It took the life right out of me
Hung up the phone 
Raced out the door
Broken
Tried to believe that it wasn't true
But in my heart I always knew
that being the life of the party would catch up to you
Your family was waiting and crying for three damn hours 

'Gayoon was right.. How could I let her leave just like that? Why didn't I see how much she had to drink already? She was always such a careful driver. Why weren't you careful this time? You should have known that something could happen like this. You can't just leave me.. Not now..I love you, babo girl.' 

I said don't do it babe
Said it ain't worth it babe
But you did it anyway
Four or five drinks and you were on your way
Everything was cool on the straight away
But you took that turn doing eighty-five in a thirty-five
Why babe? 

'Your accident happened a few weeks ago. I'm sitting in the car right now and driving there.
Each time I pass by the place where you had that accident, I swear that I can see you here.
Your happy face with the bright smile when we both had time to share some moments or even a date with our busy schedules. 
Your angry face when I left things lying around our apartment and you were the one to tidy them up.
Your sad face when I did something wrong and your forced smiles when you were happy for me but knew that would mean less time for us.
I could see that young girl that looked up shyly when I first met her in the Cube building and fell head over heels.
Us as an old married couple, still in love as if just a day had passed by.
Our whole life together, how it could have been. But this is just a dream for me now. 
Did you know that it was your end that night?
Were you able to fight for your life, did you want to fight for it? Or did you just accept the end and walked towards the white light?'

Every time I'm home I pass that road
Driving alone and the street is cold 
Seeing your face yeah it's haunting me
My mind goes crazy tryin' to figure out
Just where you would be four years from now
And what you were thinking when the lights came down
The doctors were trying to save you for three damn hours 

He came back once again. Junhyung has been here often enough to be able to find the way in his sleep. He stopped in front of the right gravestone as he let out a heavy sigh. He squat down and brushed his fingers over her name engraved in the stone before he carefully put her favorite flowers down, along with the little velvet box. The ring should stay with her since she was his first love and he couldnt imagine anyone else having it. 
Each time he came her, he wondered why this had to happen. 'Why was it her? Why wasn't she paying attention? Wasn't she the one who nagged at him for being a careless driver?' He couldn't stop this question which made him miss her even more.
 

I said don't do it babe
Said it ain't worth it babe
But you did it anyway
Four or five drinks and you were on your way
Everything was cool on the straight away
But you took that turn doing eighty-five in a thirty-five
Why babe? 

Who ever said that life was fair
When you live without a care
When you're invincible
When you're invincible
When you're invincible
Who thinks about leaving when you're livin' 

He heard footsteps behind him. "Hyung, you've been standing here for half an hour. She wouldn't want to see you like this. She would want you to live a happy life and not stand here in the cold for hours every day.. " He turned around and looked at his two friends. Gayoon and Yoseob knew that they could find him here, like every day. He nodded slowly and walked over to them. Yoseob patted his back and they started making their way back to the car but Junhyung turned around again to look at her gravestone one more time. 

Kim Hyunah
Beloved daughter, sister and friend
June 6th 1992 - September 1st 2010