Secret Love

Because I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Yongguk p.o.v



With hesitation and careful consideration, I slowly lifted my hand to her chin to meet my eyes, brushing the stray of hair from her face. Seeing her soft, angelic face, her eyes intently looking at me, I begin to think how it led to this moment.

I have been Nicole’s confident. We are friends since we met in college, we became close. Closer than merely a friend of a boyfriend because she is Himchan’s girlfriend. We meet and chat once in a while, well, mainly I’m the one listening to her endless talk about Himchan and how much she adores him. We play pranks on each other. She comes to my apartment and we fight and bicker to outdo each other with our games and gadgets. In fact, lately, we spend more time than Nicole has spent the time with Himchan. 

During the course of this so called friendship, I develop a struggle in my heart. Himchan is one of my bestfriends too. Nicole is his girlfriend. But every passing day I spent with her, my heart took the fall. Yes, I fell for her. I know it’s not right. I know it’s a sin against my bestfriend. But what can I do? If only I can tell my heart not to do so, and if only, it willingly follows.

I tried to stay away from her. But lately, I felt the need to be with her. You know why? Because my bestfriend discarded her. She would call me to let out some ill feelings about her relationship with Himchan. How much she is hurting. I know Himchan is my friend, but how can someone like him abandon this treasure, a treasure which I wish I have. How could Himchan be so careless to hurt the woman who truly loves him? How could he prioritize his work more than the love of his life? Or does he really love her?

I guess not. I knew from the tone of her voice when I receive her call this morning, she’s in distress and I was sure there’s only one person who can make her like that. Himchan. She asked if I can meet her, and that she’s on her way to my apartment. I said yes, I’ll be waiting.

Half an hour later, a knock on my door. I open and saw her. Still with her sweet smile, she greeted me.

“Anyeonghaseyo, come on in.” I step aside to give way for her to come in, taking her jacket and purse. She smiled weakly at me as she slowly made her way to my living room. My heart aches to see her this way. I signalled her to sit in the couch as I made way towards the kitchen.

“Do you want coffee, tea, anything to drink?” I look back when I heard no reply. She is seated on the couch, head down and shoulders dropped. I wish I could do something to ease that pain, she is feeling now. 

I decided to bring her fruit juice, since that’s her favorite drink. I laid it on the coffee table and sit next to her. 

I could hear her heaved a deep sigh and lifted her head, facing me with a wry smile. “Any new game to play, Yongguk shi? I’m sure I can beat you this time.” She looks expectantly for my reply.

She is trying to hide her real feeling. A pain for sure. I know because that’s the only time she would call me Yongguk shi, to try to laugh or avoid something. I would love to wrap my arms around her there and then. But decided against it. 

I raised my brow. “You haven’t beaten me yet, Nicole. How can you say you can do it now?”

“What? I’ve already beaten you before.” She retorted.

“No you haven’t.”

“Yes I have. Remember the other day? I beat you twice. Not once but twice.” She showed her two fingers right in front of my face. 

“You didn’t win. I let you win.” I shove her hands down with a smirk.

“Yes, I won.”

“No you didn’t.”

“Then I’ll beat you now.”

“No you wouldn’t.”

“Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter