New Year

Sparks Fly

"____-ah!" You turned around and saw Suzy and Myungsoo walking towards you. "Oh, Suzy-unnie! Myungsoo-oppa! Annyeong..." "Are you excited, _______-ah?" She asked, making you confused. "Huh? Excited for what?"

"We are going to visit Aunt Seung Ah, remember?" Myungsoo sarcastically answered. "And we are going to celebrate New Year with them!" Suzy smiled and puts and links her arms on Myungsoo. "Really? That's great." You said. *There is nothing special with this day.* You sighed and walked off to your room, but Myungsoo went in front of you. "Aish. What now, oppa!?" You whined. 

"2012's going to end, ______. You're still stubborn." He said, looking straight at you. "2012's going to end, oppa. And you're still ranting at me." You coldly replied, and walked off. Myungsoo grabbed your wrist, "Oppa!?"

"Tell the truth, dongsaeng. Is there something wrong?" He asked. "It's just..." You started. "...I just don't feel it. After he kept me on wai-" You paused. "Nevermind."

"Who's that 'he', _______? Don't lie to me!" He was now freaking out. "Oppa! I don't have one! You heard me, right? So don't disturb me and release my hand now! I'm gonna do my beauty sleep." Myungsoo released your hand. You walked past him, but you heard him calling your name, again. You turned to him, pissed. "Oppa?! I'm going to sleep now!" 

"I'm going to stop unless you come with us." He smirked. "I don't want to!" You stubbornly answered. "You want me to sing your favorite song when you were six?" He went closer to you. "Don't. Kim Myungsoo. Don't."

"What's happening?" Suzy came in the scene. "Yeobo, I'm just going to sing _____ her favorite song~ You like Barney, right?" He giggled and went towards you. "Oppa, stop that! It doesn't suit you!"

"Not until you come with us to Aunt Seung Ah." "Yeobo, stop that." Suzy giggled. "I don't want to!" Now he's the one who's whining like a kid. "Aigoo! Okay, okay. I'll come with you!"

He stopped from whining and looked at you, "Really?" You sighed and nodded. All of a sudden, he jumped up and down, and started to make noise around the house. "YAYYYYYY!"

You and Suzy watched him and laughed. "Unnie, mianhe if oppa is like that." You looked at Suzy, who is smiling. "Don't worry, I got used to it. Ever since we lived together." She chuckled and ruffled your hair. "Now go change at your room." She smiled and tapped your shoulder. "Ne, Suzy-unnie!" You quickly went to your room.

---------

It took 2 hours for them to be on Jeonju, their aunt's place.This place is where you grew up, and made memories. As you looked at the window, memories started flooding on your mind. 

"Goodbye 2005, Hello 2006!" A petite girl who is just 10 years old at that time, shouted her lungs out. "Yah! I'm trying to sleep here!" The girl looked up and saw a 11 year old boy with curly hair that jumped down at her side. "It's New Year's Eve, and you are sleeping?" She asked. "There is nothing special with this date." The boy coldly said. "There is!" The girl insisted.

"There's not!"

"There is!"

"There's not!"

The girl pouted. "What's your problem?" The boy laughed at her. "I should ask that to you! By the way, who are you? And what are you doing here at my tree?"

"Your tree? HAHAHAHAHAHA! This is my tree, I always come here." The girl puts her hands on her hips. "You're cute, though." The boy mumbled, but loud enough for her to hear. The girl blushed at the comment. 

"Okay, back to my question. What is your name?" The boy flashed his eyesmile, making the girl blush. "_______. Kim _______." The girl shyly held her petite hands out. The boy happily shook it. The girl flinched at the skin contact, and blushed more. "I'm Jeongmin. Lee Jeongmin."

"...._____! _______! Are you okay? Hello? Earth to Mars? Can you hear me?" You snapped your thoughts. "Huh?"

"We are here, dongsaeng." Suzy chuckled. You just scratched your head and went out of the van. You looked at your aunt's house. "Wow, Aunt's house got a lot bigger." You said in awe. "Jaejoong-hyung said that it's newly renovated. Let's go in?" Myungsoo said. You and Suzy nodded and went inside together. 

Same old thing, your aunts and cousin greets you. Especially Namjoo and Taeyeon, you're favorite cousins. "Aunt Seung Ah, there are too many food at the table..." You said. "Oh, right. The Lee Family will come here to celebrate with us!" Your aunt happily said. Just then, the doorbell rang. "It must be them!" Your aunt quickly ran to the door. "Onew!" You turned around and saw the guests. "Aunt Seung Ah! Happy New Year!" That 'Onew' hugged her..

"Happy New Year, too." Your aunt's gaze turned to the guy beside Onew. *Wait, this guy's really familiar with me...* You thought as you studied his facial features. "Jeongmin! You turned out to be a wonderful man!"

Then something strucked you. Your eyes widened as your memory lane started to work again.

You and Jeongmin became the best of friends. And your admiration for him grew more. No, it's not admiration anymore. You are officially in love with him. It's December 31, and you were busy chatting with your cousins when the telephone rang. "I got it!" You quickly ran towards it. "Yobosaeyo?"

"_______-ah?" A smile crept on your face when you heard his voice.

"Jeongminnieee~" You giggled. 

"Can we meet at our tree?" You blushed when he said 'our tree'.

"O-our tree?" 

"It's our tree, remember?

"O-oh.. R-right.."

"Come at 11:50pm, arasso?" You furiously nodded, although he can't see it.

"Ne, I will."

"Annyeong, _______-ah~" With that, he hunged the phone. Butterflies started to fly inside your stomach as your smile grew wider.

 

You arrived at the tree, all groomed well. *Huh? He's not here yet? I better wait for him.*

It's already 11:58 and Jeongmin's still hasn't arrived. You started to walk back and forth. *Why is he taking so long?*

5. 4. 3. 2. 1. It's already twelve. Fireworks started to color the pitch-black sky of Jeonju. And still, no sign or soul of him.

 

With all the emotions had came out, you quickly stormed out to the house. Making all of them, especially Jeongmin, became confused. Without knowing, Jeongmin ran outside to follow you.

--------

You didn't care where your feet will take you, you just need to be alone. The feeling of sadness and heartbreak filled your emotions, because of that flashback. *This is why I started to hate December 31.* You kept running, with tears falling off. And when you stopped, you found yourself on the tree. The tree where it all happened. You fell on your knees and started to cry. "31st of December, why did you exist?! You supposed to make people happy! But why did you do this to me?!" You yelled and continued to sob.

"______-ah?" You felt a hand landed on your left shoulder. And when you looked up, you saw him. It made you cry more. Jeongmin hugged you all of a sudden. "Uljima~ It's New Year's Eve, and you're crying?"

*Wait... Did this happened?* You suddenly thought. "You were right, there is nothing special with this date." You continued to cry. "Don't say that! This date is special! We met each other, right?" He started to wipe your tears. "But you didn't come when you called me to meet here. Do you know how I felt at that time?" You looked straight at his eyes. "I felt shattered, and heartbroken..." Your tears started to fall once again. "It really hurts!" 

You stood up, and he did the same way. Suddenly, you started to hit him. "You made my heart beat faster! Without you? I always feel that there is something missing! You are the reason behind my tears!" 

You were about to hit him once again, but Jeongmin got your hands and shut you off with a kiss. Your body starts to be weak as your lips also started to be in sync with his. Your arms started to wrap on his neck, while his hands started to surround your waist. 

The clock strikes twelve, and the sparks fly one at a time. Fireworks started to color the dark sky. He broke the kiss and looked deeply into your eyes. "I can't leave you, and will never leave you." You leaned your forehead with his. "Promise?" You asked.

"Promise...."


HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONEE!!
AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SJ'S SUNGMIN!

I'm hyper like thehun now. lol
to all those who support my other fics.

saranghae and.... saehaebok manhi padeuseyoo~ ^^