Dance With Me

Dance With Me

 

Hoya watched her every move. His eyes were glued to her body and the way she danced. He was mesmerized. Although there had to be at least a hundred people at the club, he only had eyes for one person. Her.

He had no idea what her name was, no idea who she was, but somehow, he felt himself immensely attracted to her.

He wasn’t the only one. All around the room, guys were ogling, trying hard not to be blatantly obvious while girls were staring, eyes turned into scrutinizing squints.

She glided across the dance floor, not at all aware of all the attention she was attracting from around the room. She flowed with the rhythm of the song, her body molding into different poses, defying all laws of gravity. Her moves were powerful, strong, and executed with grace and elegance.

Hoya watched as she flipped her hair, not caring that some of the strands stuck to her sweaty neck and face. When she looked up, her eyes locked with Hoya’s and a smirk formed on .

She didn’t break off eye contact as she bent down into a y pose, hundreds of eyes following her every move. But she kept her intense gaze on Hoya, her eyes boring into his. Those dark orbs matched her dance movements completely: they were excited, wild, and fierce.

Hoya watched as she slowly brought up a hand to lift a finger. She was indicating for him to come forward.

Hoya raised an eyebrow. Him? Of all the guys in the room she could have picked, she chooses him? He got up and walked forward in a slow, sloping gait. Unlike her, he was completely aware of all the jealous stares he was receiving.

When he finally reached her, she smiled but didn’t say anything. Instead, she looked up at him with those same piercing eyes and smirked at him.

She mouthed three words: “Dance with me.”

Her eyes seemed to be daring him. Challenge accepted, Hoya thought. With a playful smile, he leaned over close to her, so close he could smell her shampoo (strawberries, he faintly registered in the back of his mind), and whispered, “Let’s do this.”

She seemed a little surprised by his confidence, but she covered it up with a competitive and delighted grin.

Soon, she was doing her thing again, her body and the rhythm as one. After watching her for a few seconds, Hoya jumped in.

She gasped when he touched her. Whirling her head around in shock, she stared up at Hoya. He merely grinned at her and continued dancing. As soon as he started moving, all consciousness of the attention he was receiving was gone. He wasn’t aware of anything except her and the music. His body moved with a mind of its own, twisting and bending. She had been staring at first, but after a while, she interrupted his moments of solo dance and joined him. They moved as one, their minds working together to formulate an intense and unique choreography. Everyone in the room was looking at them, yet they only had eyes for each other.

As the song ended, she immediately walked off, indicating with a slight of her head for Hoya to follow. Without looking back to see if he was following or not, she sauntered off, leaving Hoya to run after her in curiosity.

Who was this girl? Hoya ha never seen anyone move the way she did. When he finally reached her, he found her sitting at the bar, two margaritas ready in front of her.

As he approached, she looked up and smiled. This smile was different from her personality while on the dance floor. This smile was bright and playful, not at all the seductive and y smirk from not five minutes ago.

“That was pretty impressive,” She said as he sat down next to her.

“I can say the same for you,” Hoya returned, feeling oddly at ease with this stranger.

“How long you been dancing?” She asked over the rim of her glass. She watched him with the same intensity he had noticed before, but this time interest and curiousness were also present in those deep eyes.

“All my life,” Was the simple answer Hoya gave her.

She grinned and nodded her head in approval.

“You? When did you start dancing?”

She looked at him, amusement and mischief in her bright eyes. “Before I learned to walk.”

Hoya smiled at her answer. He understood completely; dancing was his first memory.

“You’re amazing,” He blurted out, watching her reaction, his cheeks slightly flushed.

“You’re a sweetheart. Not bad yourself,” She looked at him, smiling.

“You come here often?” He asked, taking a sip of the drink in front of him.

She laughed, a tinkly and full laugh. “Often? This is like my second home.”

He chuckled with her; her laugh seemed to be contagious. “Really. Then I guess I know where to find you next time.”

She seemed taken aback by his bold words, but when he flashed her an easygoing grin, she relaxed and threw her head back in another laugh. “I guess you do. I’ll be expecting you, then.”

He smiled. He didn’t know why, but he liked her. Se was confident and sure of herself, not at all the type of girl he was used to. He wanted so badly to know more about her. Who was this girl who moved like a goddess and laughed like an angel? Like a drug, she pulled him in until he was nearly unconscious of what he was doing anymore.

“What’s your name?” Hoya finally asked her mildly, his curiosity overcoming his initial fear.

This time, the smile she offered him was mysterious and playful. “Wanna find out? First…dance with me again.”

She walked off.

Hoya watched her leave, a slightly shocked but impressed look on his face. Shaking his head, a smile on his lips, he followed her retreating figure to the dance floor. She really was something.

As a y Latin song started playing, Hoya watched as she shook her hips and waved her arms over her head, completely absorbed in the music.

He couldn’t let a pretty girl dance alone, now could he? So, he interrupted her dance and stepped in, grabbing her by the hand and spinning her away from him, finally catching her back in his arms.

He leaned her back into a deep dip an then just as suddenly brought her back to him so close that their faces were less than an inch away.

Their heavy breaths mingled with each other as sweat dripped down both their faces. She smile at him and he felt a strange thumping in his heart that was definitely not caused by the intense dancing.

“Yoon Bomi, by the way,” She whispered near his ear as a tingle moved down his spine.

“Lee Hoya,” He whispered back, staring at her. She looked beautiful then, her hair slightly ruffled and sticking up at random places, perspiration slowly trickling down her temple, a bright smile on her face.

“You’ll come more often to the bar?” She (Bomi, Hoya reminded himself) asked, breathless as they stood unmoving in the middle of the busy dance floor.

“Definitely,” Hoya answered without a second thought, his eyes glued to her.

“Good. I’ll be looking for you,” She gave him a shy, casual smile.

And with that, she walked off again, leaving Hoya with only a sleeting last look of a smirk as she turned back to look at him.

He laughed as he watched her walk away. Yoon Bomi. What a girl.

He walked out of the club that night with a promise to return as soon as he could. For her. To dance with her again.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the long wait guys >< I've been meaning to post this but lately, I've been drowned by homework. Anyways, hope you like it ^^