002.

Sweet Holiday [Semi-Hiatus]

I've now been in Korea for a week, and I'm really starting to enjoy it. Recently, I've been working on exchanging sentences in Korean. I'm getting better but Hana wants me to learn how to write in Hangul too, that's what I'm having trouble with.

Since I'm staying here for so long, Hana has gotten me a job. Since I can't speak much Korean, my job doesn't involve speaking. We're working at her parents restaurant. I sweep and wash dishes. It's a really easy, boring job, but I need the money. And Hana's family is really nice.

Everyday after work, me and Hana take a jog through the park; but today Hana wasn't feeling very well, and I had to extange some sneakers. I got the wrong size. She went to the store with me to explain to the worker.

Afterwards, she told me if I wanted to go for the jog that she'd meet me at home. I really enjoyed the park, so I took her offer.

I took this opportunity to listen to some old favs. I found myself singing Ne-Yo out loud as I was running. All of a sudden, I saw a familiar smile. He was running beside me. I paused the track and smiled back. He had on a sweater and sunglasses again.

"Was that Ne-Yo?" he asked. His question shocked me.
"What?" 
"Was that Ne-Yo?" he repeated with a smile. All I could manage was a head shake. Then he showed me his iPod. We were listening to the same song. 'This has to be a sign' I thought.

He stretched his arm out. As to say, walk with me. As we walked, I just twiddled my thumbs. This boy made me so nervous.

"What's your name?" he asked me. 
"Emili." I said looking into his sunglasses. 

We spotted a bench and he motioned toward it. 

"How old are you?" I asked him. 
"19. And you?"
"17."
"Cool." he said as he took his glasses off. 
"You have nice eyes." I blurted out. 
"Haha. So do you." I could feel my cheeks start to blush.
 "So, are you ever going to tell me your name?" I kidded. 
"I'm YoungBae." he said as he put his glasses back on. "I wish we could talk more."
"Me too. You're very chill." 
"Chill?" 
"I'm sorry. It means like, cool."
"Oh. Then you are 'chill' too."


I took out my phone, I had gotten a message. 

"Would it be alright if we exchanged numbers?" he asked beginning to blush.
"Of course."

He gave me his phone and I gave him mine. 

"I'm very sorry. But I have to go." he said as he bowed. 
I arose and bowed back, "Bye." 



Main Image/Background Credit::
Yumi from
Playful-Melody (<-- click that issh)