First Confession

Closet Confessions

Kyungsoo sighed. He glanced up to see his best friend Kai sitting on the couch obviously trying to make his way into this Lay guy's pants. This . He coughed, not really knowing what to do. He felt so out of place. Kyungsoo could almost feel the awkwardness he was surrounded by. Another sigh. Kai knew that Kyungsoo hated being around so many people. They were best friends for almost 10 years now for heavens sake! Kai knew exactly how much he hated crowds of people. And still the dancer somehow managed it to drag Kyungsoo to one of Chanyeol's oh so famous house parties.

 

You could say Kyungsoo was one nerdy kiddo. He was a straight “A” student with an unhealthy obsession with books. Unhealthy, because lately he seemed to replace sleeping with reading a light novel. Not that that effected his perfect grades though. He always was a bit of a loner, too. Except of Kai he didn't really have other friends. It wasn't like he needed any other friends. He was happy with how things were, (even if he sometimes felt more like a mother figure for Kai than a pal,) so Kyungsoo didn't quite understand the sudden need from Kai to make him actually socialize with total strangers, drunken total strangers on top of that.

An annoyed growl escaped Kyungsoo's lips at the thought of that. Sitting on the couch just next to his of a friend, he looked around and pouted slightly as he gazed at the clock at the end of the room.

 

“Dun tell me ya already bored” Kyungsoo was startled at the sudden sound of a deep voice behind him. Oh god. It was more of a mumble, but Kyungsoo knew exactly whose voice that was.

“U-uhm hi Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo could feel his cheeks getting hotter. Damn it, from all people here did he have to stutter in front of Chanyeol? “Ehm n-not really.. just.. looking around I g-guess.” Okay it was official now: Do Kyungsoo, 17 years old, nerd of the school hated himself. Or at least he hated how Chanyeol made him feel about himself.

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow, a giggle escaped his lips. It sounded so low, it didn't match Chanyeol's physical appearance at all. “Well feelin' a 'lil bit awkward don't we?” Kyungsoo just nodded, fearing that his voice would totally betray him this time. His eyes were now stuck at his hands which he had cautiously folded in his lap. He couldn't really do anything but hope that Chanyeol wouldn't find anything weird about his behavior. This was probably one of the good things being known as the nerd, misfit, underdog or whatever people liked to call him. Kyungsoo behaving awkward wasn't that awkward anymore for most of people and he hoped that it also wasn't for Chanyeol.

 

Park Chanyeol. He was already a senior in high school, best known as the Schoolboy Ulzzang or Happy Virus. The complete opposite of Kyungsoo thus. The opposite thing was probably the main reason why Kyungsoo kept his crush for Chanyeol to himself. Or well.. To himself and Kai, which was probably the biggest mistake Kyungsoo had done since he once tried bathing his cat while he was still in elementary school. Kai always said that Kyungsoo just had to take a step forward if he didn't want to leave school as a friggin' . As for Kyungsoo he didn't really feel the need to do so. He was okay with being forever the secret admirer, but well, Kai seemed to have other plans for his pal. It was already too late when Kyungsoo realized what he had gotten himself into and now here he was: blushing awkwardly while his crush was standing right next to him. God, why did Kyungsoo just have to be so shy?

Didn't think I'd ever see you at one of ma parties.” Chanyeol spoke, looking rather amused. He finally took a seat next to Kyungsoo and holy , latter took a deep breath, their legs were slightly touching.

 

Chanyeol was gonna be the death of Kyungsoo.

 

U-uhm well I didn't really have a chance” Kyungsoo barely managed to say as he pointed at his best friend, who was still making out with Lay. The nerd let out a disgusted growl for which he received an amused giggle from Chanyeol.

Hahaha Kai'll never change, won't he?” Kyungsoo nodded. “Probably.” He could smell a scent of alcohol coming out of Chanyeol's mouth. Certainly. This was a party, a high school party for gods sake, and still. Kyungsoo was the only one around here who didn't get wasted or well, at least attempted to do so. He didn't realize he made a face while he practically absorbed the oh so disgusting scent of Jack Daniels and some other alcoholic drink he couldn't seem to remember until Chanyeol burst out laughing. Must be drunk Kyungsoo thought, secretly hoping Chanyeol wasn't that annoying-when-drunk kinda person. Eyes big, he scratched the back of his neck, not really knowing how to react to the sudden bout of laughter.

You´re too adorbs ya know” Chanyeol finally said after some poor attempts of calming himself down. What the - “I always thought it´s damn cute when you stare at me, thinking I wouldn't notice, too.” - . Okay. This was.. unexpected.

Kyungsoo sat there, shifting uncomfortably in his seat while trying to find some way to escape from this situation. Oh crap crap crap he noticed of course he did. What am I supposed to say now? He quickly glanced to his best friend, but eventually had to accept the fact that Kai wouldn't be any help here.

Ya know. I dun mind ya staring at me. Like I said. It's acutally kinda cute.” The last part was more of a mumble, but Kyungsoo understood. He was sure his cheeks were tomato-like red by now.

You're drunk, Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo was sure Chanyeol himself didn't even know what he was blurting out.

And you're a cutie, Do Kyungsoo.” Blame it on the alcohol. Kyungsoo tried to ignore the shiver Chanyeol's voice gave him. Hearing his crush saying his full name was just utterly y. Kyungsoo was speechless. Not that that was something new, but nevertheless. What are you supposed to say when your longtime crush thinks you're a cutie?

U-uhm thanks I guess.” Wow Kyungsoo you really know how to make an idiot of yourself, don't you?

I make ya uncomfortable.” Chanyeol pointed out.

Yes. “No, not at all!” Kyungsoo answered, maybe too fast, because now Chanyeol was grinning at him. It wasn't exactly an evil grin nor did it look happy. Kyungsoo just couldn't read it, but holy if it wasn't such a turn-on for him.

Kyungsoo gulped, maybe too loud, because now Chanyeol's grin grew wider and even more attractive.

 

All of a sudden Chanyeol stood up, it almost looked like their 'conversation' just now never happened. Kyungsoo looked up with big eyes. He was confused. What did just happen?

He looked after Chanyeol who was in the midst of walking to the center of the room, clapping his hands full of excitement after arriving at his destination.

Listen folks!! And Baekhyun.” He cheekily grinned at his best mate, who was standing next to the jukebox, letting his eyes roll after hearing Chanyeol's comment. Baekhyun briefly mouthed to him before Chanyeol continued with his little call-up.

Let's all play a round Truth or Dare, shall weee?” He emphasized the word all while grinning widely at Kyungsoo, who was apparently too dumbstruck to react to what Chanyeol just announced in, well, any way. Compared with Kyungsoo the rest of the group of mostly drunk people at the party seemed to be more than just fond of that idea.

No, no, no, no. Kyungsoo mentally shook his head. He hated Truth or Dare. It was such a feeble-minded game. Plus isn't it always the same? If you take Truth, you'll get asked who your crush is. If you take Dare, you'll have to do some stupid ual task. It really was always the same. He was surprised that they would play that game at a high school party. Weren't they too old for that crap?

Apparently he was the only one who thought so, because now all people gathered in the center of the room, leaving Kyungsoo like the loner he was. He toyed with the notion of just going away, nobody would miss him anyway. Kai was already gone, he probably went away with Lay while Kyungsoo was too occupied with his crush. Damn they would definitely have to speak out later. How dare that jerk leaving his best friend all alone!

 

Hey! Ya not comin'?” . It was Chanyeol. Kyungsoo didn't have any luck today, did he?

U-uhm yeah. Sure.” He awkwardly stood up, a somewhat terrified look on his face. Chanyeol just continued with his toothy grinning. He practically shoved Kyungsoo to the crowd of people in the center of the big living room.

 

 

Yes, Chanyeol was definitely gonna be the death of Kyungsoo.