Thursday Morning...On ne sait jamais (One never knows)

My Little Prince
Please log in to read the full chapter

Uhm.. yeah. so uh. yeah, please don't hate me. LOL

 

The next morning, Yixing wakes up and gets ready.  The fight his roommates had last night replays in his ears, and he stares in the mirror, wondering how much the damage has done to them.  He sighs as he checks over his attire once more and heads out to the dining area.

Kyungsoo looks pissed but Yixing can see the red, puffy eyes when Kyungsoo greets him gruffly while washing the dishes.  Yixing offers a small smile as he greets him softly with a ‘good morning, Kyungsoo-yah’, when he notices that Kyungsoo is cooking up some French toasts, Yixing’s favorite.  His heart sinks at the subliminal message, and he glances at Jongin.  What he sees pierces his already hurting heart.

Jongin is eating from a bowl of cereal, slumping in his seat, with tears falling from his eyes into his cereal.  He sniffles as he wipes his nose with a napkin.  Yixing knows that even if Jongin is a young man, he is an extremely sensitive person, especially when it comes to people close to him.  He walks over to Jongin, petting his hair.  Jongin starts in his seat, looking up with red eyes.

“H-Hyung…I’m s-sorry yo-you had to h-hear us f-fi-fight last night…” Gulping once, Jongin looks down to his cereal and takes a spoonful.

“It’s okay, Jongin-ah…sometimes, tension needs to be let out…” Yixing proceeds to sit down next to him.  He sees a stack of French toasts on a plate near him.  Jongin looks up at Kyungsoo’s back in the kitchen, sniffling.

“I hurt him, hyung.  I didn’t mean to hurt his feelings…”

“Shh, Jongin-ah.  I know you didn’t mean to hurt him…Love can be painful, but you need to give it time.  Kyungsoo’s been denied of a love years back and now, just a few days ago, he could’ve had his chance, but that broken love was already healed over the years, and he got over it.  You, on the other hand, your love for him is something that he’s not yet ready for.”

“He hates me, I know it.  He wouldn’t listen to me when I called him ‘hyung’ this morning.”

“He doesn’t, Jongin-ah.”

“Yes, he does.”  Jongin says with a strained voice, looking around to face Yixing.  Yixing can see the tears streaking down his youngest roommate’s cheeks.  “H-he…he doesn’t want to t-talk to me.”

“But did you hear him say ‘I hate you, Jongin-ah’?”

“…” Jongin sniffles as he bites his lip.  “No.”

“See?  Kyungsoo still loves you as a hyung, even if the fight occurred.  Harsh words can be thrown out into the fight because sometimes the truth hurts more than they do.  I’m sure Kyungsoo didn’t mean it when he said you didn't deserve to call him hyung.  It’s just that maybe it hurts him inside that he’s the one supposed to be watching out for you and taking good care of you, but when the fight happened, he wasn’t being the hyung at that time. 

“But Jongin-ah…If you want him to love you more than as a hyung, and if you want to love him not just as a dongsaeng but something more, go up to him and give him a hug, and apologize.  It’ll be okay.”  Jongin stares into Yixing’s eyes, finding sincerity in them.  He glances back at Kyungsoo and slowly gets up. 

Kyungsoo is still focused on washing the dishes, deaf to the conversation that Yixing and Jongin had.  He jumps a bit when he feels Jongin wrapping his arms around his torso, and Jongin rests his forehead against the back of Kyungsoo’s head.  Kyungsoo stops doing his chores, signaling for Jongin to talk.

“Kyunggie-hyung, I’m…I’m sorry for being mean to you last night…for being out of line and making you cry.  I…was jealous, and I wasn’t thinking straight.  I ju-…You can be with anyone you want to be, but I didn’t want you to forget me.  I didn’t want to lose you, hyung.  I love you a lot…more than I should love you; but if you don’t love me that way, hyung, and you still love me…then that’s okay with me.”

Yixing watches, listening to Jongin’s apologies, as the tears start falling from Kyungsoo’s eyes and the way Kyungsoo lowers his head.  Kyungsoo lifts up one of his arms to his mouth to dry his tears.  Kyungsoo drops whatever he is holding in his other hand, reaching for the dry kitchen towel nearby to wipe his hands dry, and he brings his hands to his face.  Yixing can see that Kyungsoo’s shoulders are shaking, and Jongin places a soft kiss on Kyungsoo’s nape.

“I’m sorry, hyung.” 

“Y-you…are a f-freaking i-idiot right now, Ki-Kim Jongin.”  Kyungsoo croaks out, his throat feeling heavy.

“I know, hyung.”

“No, you idiot,” Kyungsoo turns around as he wraps his arms around Jongin’s neck, placing their foreheads together.  “I love you, too.”  He croaks out a crying laugh.  “I’ve loved you since I moved into this apartment.”  Jongin looks astonished for a second before he smiles, swooping down to capture his hyung’s lips.

Yixing smiles at the scene, and deciding to give them some privacy, he takes some French toasts in a napkin and leaves to go to the bookstore.

- - -

Except for the morning, Yixing finds work a little dull, with a few customers coming in.  Jongdae and Zitao still make work fun by fooling around with Yixing when Luhan and Minseok are not present, but other than that, Yixing still finds work to be a bit tedious.  He uses his work time to ponder about Yifan’s plan, and just what is happening that his workers know that he does not know about.

When Yixing comes back home later that night, he finds that the apartment is empty of Jongin and Kyungsoo, except for a note on the dining table that says that they are going out tonight on their first date. 

“There’s some savory crepes in the fridge! 

Just heat them up and you can have those for dinner, hyung! Enjoy! keke

We won’t be back until ten, so don’t wait up for us! kekeke

<3 Kyungsoo (and Jongin)”

Yixing smiles to himself and goes to the fridge.  Opening it, he sees the crepes rolled with mushrooms and spinach and ham.  He takes those out and heats them up in the microwave, before he goes over to the living room to turn on the TV and watch one of his favorite comedy shows about two nerdy college neighbors with a blonde girl across the hallway.

“Ohh geez…”

Yixing stills in his seat on the couch.  What was that?  He glances around.

“AAnnnnnhhh yeaahh, right there, right there. YESSSS!!”

What the heck? Yixing recognizes the voice and it is happening right above him.  He looks up and decides to turn up the volume.  What is Yifan doing up there in Cha

Please log in to read the full chapter